MAC Viva Glam III

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this lipstick after seeing a Youtube video where the girl was wearing it - although her video was about a bunch of other lipsticks. I fell in love immediately. Luckily she had mentioned the name in the note and I purchased it at once, which is rare as I usually check out blogs and reviews before buying.

I lovvvvve this lipstick. While it doesn't look anything like the pictures shown here, it fits better with the plum description. It's sooo flattering. It's a lovely matte finish, highly pigmented and quite moisturising as far as matte lipsticks go. It has decent staying power too.

The other day I was at MAC and even the SA was wearing it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love the plum-red-berry shade of this lipstick. Very heavily pigmented and therefore a bit drying, but if you layer over lip balm, it works. It's a very deep version of a natural lip color. Very flattering to cooler skin tones.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love the concept behind the Viva Glam lipsticks - it's always gratifying to see corporations doing something to "give back" or help. And I loved the look of Viva Glam III when I tried it....in store. It looked so wearable and almost unnoticeable (ie not too dark) - sort of "my lips but better". Then I got it home. I rarely wear it because it's just sort of too dark and almost "muddy" looking on me and I found it rather dry in texture as well. I just "rediscovered it" the other day, while looking for a particular tube of lip gloss - I used it so rarely that I'd forgot I even have it. With autumn here, I might just give it another try, perhaps with some Carmex under or on top (or both?) to see if I like it any better. But I don't think I'd repurchase, to be honest, as it just wasn't all that great for me, personally. Maybe I need to check out some of the other Viva Glam shades that have come out since this one was launched.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This lipstick is a very nice shade of Red. Itīs something in between Red and Pink with a hint of Coral. Very flattering for any complexion. However, itīs very dry and opaque. I would have prefered a more sheer texture.

love this plumb color! it is dry but i put chapstick on first then this and then gloss over and im good to go!!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Viva Glam III, where have you been all my life?! I can't believe I'm just now discovering this lipstick. I went to MAC looking for a pretty pink shade and ended up with this--which is somewhere between pink and red. Very flattering with my skin tone (NC44). It's great--I love how a quick swipe gives me that just-bitten look and heavier application gives me a more sultry one. It is a little drying on the lips, but then it is a matte. I love it--a new staple.

This is the color that I can't be without. It's my staple lipstick. It works perfectly for my skin tone (light/medium). Lasts all day at work and I work 12 hours. I can make it look dark for evening wear and lighten it up with a lighter color gloss on top of it for day wear. Highly recommend.

This is my default lippy. It really makes my NC15 skin glow. It can be worn straight from the tube for a 1940s raisin-y vamp look, or lightly blotted and layered with balm or gloss for something more natural. I also use it as blush. The only drawback is the packaging-- it often cracks or the lippy will break from the tube.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yum! What a wonderful shade of deep red. This color has a lot of blue tones in it making it verge on the edge of becoming a plumb but it still retains its true red beauty. Of all the VIVA shades I love this one the most for my skin tone. For anyone with a warm skin tone looking to purchase a good red that's not too intimidating I would definitely recommend this. The product is smooth and creamy, always moist and stays on for hours after continual use.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

MAC Viva Glam lll is a great color. I haven't used it much at all though. Mostly because it's a bit darker than the swatch on www.maccosmetics.com. But I'm glad I bought it anyways, because you never know when you'll need it. I thought it had more of a red tone to it, but its a matte mahogany. Its still pretty, but I don't think I will repurchase..

continued >>