September 1, 2014 | 1571 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Shadowy Lady

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Lotionaddict69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

Honestly, I was a little nervous about this shadow because the reviews here aren't the greatest. But it's actually one of my favorite colors that I bought. Makes a *great* liner. It also makes my green eyes POP. I can't rave enough about this shadow. If I ever hit pan then I will definitely repurchase. I will warn you though if you want really pigmented blackish/purple then this is not the color for you. It goes on very sheer, which is perfect for me because I can't pull off almost blacks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Beautiful dark purple in the pan, but doesn't apply that way at all, this has no pigmentation at all, you can swatch and swatch and get nothing out of it. It's really too bad. I got mine brand new from a MAC store so I know there is nothing wrong with it... totally disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by modmaja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love matte shadows, but this one is terrible! As others have mentioned, it doesn't apply evenly and is difficult to blend out. I love the idea of this color as a nice alternative to black, but it is so dry and hard to work with. It even takes some effort to use it as a liner as the color comes off so sheer. There are much better matte shadows out there, including many in the MAC range that have a totally different texture. This color is a definite flop--don't waste your money!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by jls517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While the color is pretty (MAC MA gave me this to go with Satin Taupe) and I don't mind that it's sheer (I'd rather build up the color myself) this goes on so splotchy. I've pretty much given up on it as a crease color, but it makes and EXCELLENT shadow for eyeliner. I don't even wet my brush, just dab it on and it creates a beautiful soft eyeliner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought Shadowy Lady as a crease color to accompany Shale/Vex/Vapour, and I'm sad to say that it's not the best shadow MAC offers.

As others have mentioned, it applies sheerly and -- more damning than that -- unevenly. With my best blending brush and my best efforts, I just can't get this to apply without leaving splotches. More often than not, I'm supplementing my crease with Copperplate, Shale, or Print or something to even it out.

Were it not so difficult to work with, Shadowy Lady would be a staple in my cool-toned neutrals palette. But once I hit the pan, I'll probably go searching for something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by kissnmacup

I was kind of iffy about this product when i first bought it but im starting to really fall in love with it. Its very matte so it takes some getting use to and a little bit of work. I find it works really well with woodwinked and cork for a neautral look and for a more fun look it looks great paired with nocturnelle and stars n rockets. I would definatley purchase this color again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 7:01:00 AM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Lately I've been using this color quite often. I use it in the crease and as a liner (using my MAC 214 brush). For me, the color goes on well. What I like about it is that depending on how you apply, it can go on sheer but can also be built up to be darker. I have dark grey blue eyes and this color really pulls out the blue. I use it with Shroom, Satin Taupe, Shale, Naked Lunch or UD Sin. Often I'll put Shadowy Lady in the V and then fill the V with Trax and blend towards the center of my lid.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by lxb87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Agree with the reviewer who said that this color is extremely sheer. It's a dark blackish purple but it goes on the eye extremely light. It takes so much to get a color payoff. This one is going back to the store. Wish I'd tested it on my eye rather than just swatching my hand.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Glowydazzle12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Usually, MAC matte eyeshadows are very pigmented and true to color, but not in this case unfortunately! The color is sooooooooo sheer it's insane! Also, the color in the pot looks like a very dark purple, almost black but on the eyes it's a very sheer greyish purple that simple looks dirty. Terrible product overall, which is disapointing for one of my favorite brands.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Uh... no. Very very hard to work with. This eyeshadow is not pigmented at all. It certainly doesn't show up. You have to keep reapplying to even see a little bit of payoff. I will not be purchasing this again. Very disappointed in this.