April 19, 2014 | 1704 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Shadowy Lady

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought Shadowy Lady as a crease color to accompany Shale/Vex/Vapour, and I'm sad to say that it's not the best shadow MAC offers.

As others have mentioned, it applies sheerly and -- more damning than that -- unevenly. With my best blending brush and my best efforts, I just can't get this to apply without leaving splotches. More often than not, I'm supplementing my crease with Copperplate, Shale, or Print or something to even it out.

Were it not so difficult to work with, Shadowy Lady would be a staple in my cool-toned neutrals palette. But once I hit the pan, I'll probably go searching for something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by kissnmacup

I was kind of iffy about this product when i first bought it but im starting to really fall in love with it. Its very matte so it takes some getting use to and a little bit of work. I find it works really well with woodwinked and cork for a neautral look and for a more fun look it looks great paired with nocturnelle and stars n rockets. I would definatley purchase this color again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 7:01:00 AM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Lately I've been using this color quite often. I use it in the crease and as a liner (using my MAC 214 brush). For me, the color goes on well. What I like about it is that depending on how you apply, it can go on sheer but can also be built up to be darker. I have dark grey blue eyes and this color really pulls out the blue. I use it with Shroom, Satin Taupe, Shale, Naked Lunch or UD Sin. Often I'll put Shadowy Lady in the V and then fill the V with Trax and blend towards the center of my lid.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by lxb87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Agree with the reviewer who said that this color is extremely sheer. It's a dark blackish purple but it goes on the eye extremely light. It takes so much to get a color payoff. This one is going back to the store. Wish I'd tested it on my eye rather than just swatching my hand.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Glowydazzle12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Usually, MAC matte eyeshadows are very pigmented and true to color, but not in this case unfortunately! The color is sooooooooo sheer it's insane! Also, the color in the pot looks like a very dark purple, almost black but on the eyes it's a very sheer greyish purple that simple looks dirty. Terrible product overall, which is disapointing for one of my favorite brands.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Uh... no. Very very hard to work with. This eyeshadow is not pigmented at all. It certainly doesn't show up. You have to keep reapplying to even see a little bit of payoff. I will not be purchasing this again. Very disappointed in this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

Shadowy Lady is a gorgeous blackened purple. It definitely leans to the cool side and is a matte shade. The problem with it is the texture. Shadowy Lady is dry, chalky, and difficult to blend (or swatch, for that matter). It works well for smudging out liner or as a liner itself because you're using it in a concentrated manner (even better wet), but when used as a crease color over, it's hard to blend and can get patchy. Not the worst in the world, but there's certainly better out there. MAC released a LE shade called Graphology that is ten times better. If you're on the hunt for a good dark purple, I'd check your CCO for that one before you buy this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by jenn7985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

this is my new HG liner. it makes my green eyes pop without being too over the top or in your face. i love using this with a wash of Naked pigment on the lid, a light wash of Blondes Gold in the crease and Shadowy Lady as a liner.. very simple and stunning at the same time

i love MAC shadow pots as i usually depot them and return the pots for a lipstick... recyle and look great.. what could be better

the texture of this shadow is rich and buttery and its very pigmented so a little goes a long way

i will def repurchase if i ever run out!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 5:14:00 AM More reviews by LIZlawlz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this color! It is a deep matte plum/aubergine color. I have green eyes and love using purple shades both as shadow and liner. I find that this is one of the BEST shadows to use as a liner. Highly pigmented, blendable, and soft. It can give a great smokey plum look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A beautiful and stunning blackened plum eyeshadow. I enjoy wearing it in the crease for a dramatic smokey purple eye. For a daytime look a small amount blended into the crease with a neutral brown on the lid delivers just enough definition and makes my green eyes pop.