April 17, 2014 | 1433 users online

Pressed Powders - Sonia Kashuk - bare minimum pressed powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2007 1:10:00 PM More reviews by starlight256

this is a decent pressed powder. it's very sheer and doesn't provide any coverage to speak of, but it does a pretty good job of keeping skin matte. did not irritate my skin or make me break out. blends well, does not cake. i usually have trouble finding shades light enough for my very fair skin, but the lightest shade of this powder (chiffon) is actually too pale for me! so definitely check this out if you have trouble finding shades that are pale enough for you. :) the tiny powder puff is ridiculous though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2007 9:49:00 PM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a pretty good powder for keeping the oilies at bay. I have wheat, which is medium w/yellow undertones. It is quite sheer and works well for my NC30 coloring. Not much coverage, but this is not an issue for me since I am mostly concerned with controlling shine, not evening out my skintone (though it does do a good job of that as well). I also really like the packaging, very clean-looking and rather unique because it's a mod white rectangular compact. HOWEVER I do have the following complaints:
-included puff is utter crap. toss it and use something with a finer texture! if you thought this powder was too matte and heavy and fake-looking, try it with a brush or a different puff.
-the mirror needs to be bigger! it's so tiny!
-this powder smells kind of funny. stinky, even.

In spite of these shortcomings this is a good pressed powder. I think I'd buy this again if I were in a pinch but I'm going to keep searching for my HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 5:13:00 PM More reviews by esmeraldas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this powder, it delivers just the right amount of color (I've got Translucent-12), VERY fine-milled, last a good 6-7 hours, and the color selections are NOT pinky (God I hate pink powders), they're more yellow based, so they flatter everyone. You apply one coat and that's all you need, if you don't like the OVERLY matte look, well this is your powder. It has no scent, so you're face won't stink. :) The only thing is that the compact is hard to open! I will re-buy, just like all the other Sonia Kashuk products I've tried so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2007 12:16:00 PM More reviews by ben228

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of the best powders I have ever used! I used shade 03, Chiffon, for reference.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2007 1:08:00 PM More reviews by shugee

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the Translucent shade. Good yellow tones in the color; however, I didn't feel it improved the look of my skin as it appeared slightly chalky even when dusted on lightly with a skunk brush. I also got a tingling reaction on my sensitive skin which surprised me as I use Sonia's blush and eyeshadow with no problems. Never could test for wear as I washed it off after 5 minutes. Oh well, just not for me - I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2006 4:19:00 PM More reviews by renemy

I am NC30/C3 and the Translucent works beautifully for me. It's nearly impossible to find powders that are yellow enough, but this one does the job. It's not the mostly finely milled powder I have ever used (very slightly chalky), but it's pretty good. The color match alone makes it a definite repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2006 5:35:00 PM More reviews by MellyC

I bought this in Chiffon when Almay discontinued my favorite oil-free pressed powder. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it matched my skin; I'm extremely fair and almost everything is too dark for me. It does go on a little cakey at first, but I always dust it off with a powder brush after applying with the powder puff, then it looks great. My only complaint is that this is the only product I have purchased in a long time that doesn't list its ingredients. I would really like to know if this is oil-free but I can't seem to find ingredients anywhere. But other than not knowing what it is exactly that I'm putting on my face, I'm very pleased with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2005 7:30:00 PM More reviews by CathyD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm very fair and it's very hard to come by powders that's light enough for me. I went to Target and saw this (Chiffon) and got it on a whim to test it out because it's cheap. I was surprised that it was a pretty finely milled powder and it kept my face from shining even after all day. For the price, I would get this again. I was using Becca pressed powder but I find it this is better than Becca.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2005 9:12:00 AM More reviews by xxparisonfire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yet another Sonia Kashuk product that I'm very displeased with. Once again I bought this in "Chiffon", as I'm the lightest shade in every line of makeup and it was white chalk on my skin and highlighted my pores very nicely *insert sarcasm*.

I'm returning this and probably never buying another Sonia Kashuk product again

I buy makeup to feel good about myself...not feel like crap when I look in the mirror.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2005 2:17:00 PM More reviews by meltywarhol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this powder in translucent and really like it. It's a pale, yellow-based color that's very flattering to my warm toned skin. It's soft and blends easily without looking "powdery." The coverage is light to moderate, which is fine for my needs, and it works well for subduing shine on my nose and setting my makeup. The only thing I dislike about this is that it doesn't seem to be wearing away from the pan evenly; I've noticed this problem with other low-end powders and blushes. It doesn't seem to affect the performance, but it makes the product look a bit icky.