September 21, 2014 | 972 users online

Shampoo - Phyto - Phytonectar Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by skatt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

expensive and does not work. I have fine hair and it felt like broom after washed and conditioned. Definitely wont buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by shirin_h

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hair type = curly, frizzy, Middle Eastern ethnicity

This is great, I think the best shampoo I've used for my hair type. Made my hair feel like silk. Used with Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Mask conditioner, my hair felt super soft, practically frizz-free. I rarely let my hair go 'naked' but with this I didn't feel the need to use styling products as it now looks great on its own.
I massage it in, leave it for a couple minutes, then rinse. It doesn't lather much. Washes out easily, but even if I'm in a rush and it doesn't all wash out you wouldn't notice at all. Another bonus I noticed is I could leave my hair for a few days and it would still feel great, no itchy scalp as with other products. Gorgeous smell, its a bit odd at first but you get used to it.

Negatives:
1) Its not cheap (12 for 200ml) and around me is only available at few retailers/salons. Compared to cheaper alternatives, the effect of this shampoo jusitfies the cost but it would be great if cheaper. Found it in the Middle East at half the price. 2) If I'm gonna be picky, you have to pour it out of the bottle into your hand so its easy to pour out too much by mistake, so a pump would be useful to control the amount.

I was recommended by my hairdresser to step down to Phytojoba shampoo as my hair didn't need the strength of Phytonectar, but have found that Phytojoba isn't as good and I will return to Phytonectar on my next purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2008 3:20:00 AM More reviews by chessablue

My hair is curly, fine and thin. If it isn't well-conditioned, it just looks frizzy and messy. Phytonectar makes my hair so soft that I can't help playing with it. It does leave some weight, bur I like that. It's just enough to keep it looking polished and nourished. It seems to help my curls form nicely. Also, I LOVE the scent & that it is not packaged in plastic. I actually preferred the glass packaging because it was easy to see how much was left. Yes, it's pricey, but worth it for my needs. I stock up when I'm overseas (I'll literally buy as many as they have in the pharmacy) where it's about 10 euros a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Pierra007

I bought small samples of these on ebay. Boy do I love it! I have thick perm colored hair with very dry ends. My hair was so frizzy and dry I could barely run my hair through it. After this shampoo my hair is regaining shine and softness with every wash. It is a bit heavy so I alternate with my other shampoo. Definitely worth a try if you have dry damaged hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by ahhiitsalex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product did moisturize my hair and detangle it. But I don't feel like it's prefomance matched it's price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Devil_Kitten

I have thin curly hair, that is oily at the scalp and dry at the end. As a rule I can't brush it without some good moisturizing treatment. But after this shampoo my hair is already soft and smooth without the conditioner! It is very concentrated, so you need a really small amount for one washing. It smells very nice, like a fruit cocktail. And when you touch your hair after this, you feel like it is waxed. Every hair is covered with the thin wax layer (like an apple - even if it's clean, you feel some protective cover on it).
In my opinion it is the great product for very dry thick hair or for damaged frizzy hair, because this stuff nourishes hair and makes it sleek. But for my thin hair I'd prefer Phytojoba, because it's lighter and keep the volume. But maybe I'll bye Photynectar one more time in winter to protect my hair against cold and wind.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 9:28:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried generous samples of this product and I loved it. Left my fine, dry, coarse, chemically treated hair soft and shiny. I also loved the citrusy-yummy scent. Will purchase to have around for days when my hair needs extra special help.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2007 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Lady_Oscar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This shampoo is extremely good in those dry, cold weather months, when my hair starts to feel like straw. It's very moisturizing and cone-free but it tends to weigh my medium/fine hair down a bit, which is why I only use it when I need intensive care. So I always have this at home, but my favorite is still Phytojoba for regular use. It's great for extra dry hair days, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by jjtexasgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After coloring my hair at home for about a year and a half to cover my growing population of gray, I woke up one day to find my usually soft hair had turned dull and dry. After numerous weekly, sometimes, twice a week, treatments of Frederick Fekkai's shea butter hair mask, ceasing of blow drying altogether and using Sebastian's Potion 9 daily, and still finding very little relief, I set out to find some help. I read about how Phytonectar makes a big difference in a short amount of time and ordered some. Boy, it's true. Coupled with the nectar oil that you use a pretreatment (or even a little bit after a blow out), my hair has made a huge turnaround. It didn't weigh down my naturally curly hair, but just added a ton of softness and shine. It's not completely back to its original condition, but it gets better every time I use these products. I'm a believer and you bet your sweet bippy my next purchase will be the Phytobrush shampoo for days when I don't use the Phytonectar. This line seems to really do what it says. It's expensive, but worth it. The smell is awesome (oranges) and while the bottles are small, you don't need as much as you'd think. It's wonderful stuff!

UPDATE: I spoke to a PHYTO rep and she cautioned using this product too long or too often. If your hair isn't really dry, then it could actually cause dryness b/c it has so much protein. So use cautiously. Once your hair starts making a come back, it's probably wise to put this on the shelf and change to a different formula.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2007 11:02:00 AM More reviews by rosefleur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am truly amazed by Phytonectar, it hydrates my hair leaving it soft, shiny and frizz-free. I adore the orange-blossom scent and the consistency. FYI: I have fine highlighted hair. I can't believe all the negative reviews as I have tried many natural hair ranges and none of them have delivered. I expected the same with Phyto, yet I was totally wrong to be sceptical. Today, I used it without conditioner (I always use a conditioner) and was astounded how much Phytonectar alone improves the condition of my hair. Phytonectar did not weigh my hair down at all or leave it feeling coated. I will definitely repurchase and I'm also going to branch out into the Phytocitrus line. This is the best shampoo I have bought for well over a year! (Phyto have changed their packaging to aluminium bottles instead of glass)