MAC Fresh Moroccan Lipstick

4.1

I enjoy this color in the fall as it's dark brick red tone goes with a lot of my fall outfits. The golden tone of the subtle sparke of this product makes it special and is great on my nc 30 complexion. I do think it makes my teeth look a little dingy, but the plus is that it doesn't turn pink during the day as it wears off. (For a bluer red that still doesn't look clownish, try dubonnet) The overall staying power of fresh moroccan is good, but it is drying and just a bit gritty from the shimmer. That is fixable with a lip conditioner. I also think this lippie looks best with a bit of gloss on top, but that does reduce the staying power. I don't use this often so I can't imagine repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this on at the suggestion of the MAC salesperson (I have red hair and warm skin). I wore it inside and outside for about half an hour before deciding, "Meeehhh..." The reddish-bronze just kind of blends in with my hair and makes my teeth look yellow. I should say that coppery-bronze lippies are not my favorite look. I would like this if it was more definitely red.

Absolutely LOVE this lippie - my favorite!!! I love how I can gently apply on the lower lip and put gloss over it for a daytime look. And then I can apply this a little heavier for night. Either way, it helps me create a pouty red that's not too over-the-top. It's one of the few reds that I can pull off...and IMO, it's a red that is pretty universal. And contrary to what others have said about the glitter, I personally love it. :) Praying they don't discontinue this color!!!

Gorgeous. probably one of very few red lipsticks I can pull off.The red-bronze w/ gold shimmer color is just so perfect with my tanned skin and the pigmentation is great for my dark plum lips. Great for a bold lip, dramatically lined eyes look for night. will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite red lipstick ever! I love to use it with Red Enriched lip liner and Chanel's Spark gloss over. Used together I have a gorgeous bold lip for evening. During the day it can be dabbed on for a softer red lip. I will repurchase.

There is only one word to describe this lipstick - STUNNING!!!! During the day I wear it on its own (with no liner) and blot it with my finger - it creates that polished berry/brick shade. In the evening I really bring out the red with various lip liner colours - brick, auburn and mahogany (all by MAC) - they all work especially well (but my favourite is brick - it just captures that perfect red for evening)!!! This will 'always' be in my makeup bag - if you want that classy-spicy red this is it!!!!!

Love this color! MAC really has the corner on reds for redheads. Rage and Fresh Moroccan are my two absolute fave colors of all time. i don't feel any grittiness from the shimmer in this one, but i will admit it isn't the most moisturizing formula..great lasting power though! i usually dot a little gloss in the middle of my pout any old way, which fixes the issue completely ;-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

The color is fine, it's a glittery bronze/red. However, I think it has too much gold glitter for me. Furthermore I find this so drying and when putting it on I can feel the glitter scraping against my lips. I managed to find a color dupe that was more moisturizing.

Wow. Wow. Wow. That's what I thought when I tried this on. It is such an pretty, flattering shade for me. It lights up my whole face, makes my blue eyes pop, and just in general makes me feel like a siren, even though I think it can also be worn in daytime.

I have dark lips even though I am pale, so many lipsticks don't show up on me at all. This one does, and I find the color to be a sparkly deep raspberry red with hints of bronze and russet. It doesn't look brown on me, even though it clearly has some warm tones. I am a huge "O" fan and I find this to be different enough to keep both...it is not as plum and not as frosty as O. I think they each have their place for me. I will say that this color might even be MORE flattering to me than O, and I NEVER thought I would ever say that about any lipstick. The stain from Fresh Moroccan is a MLBB color--perfectly flattering and rosy to me.

I am a SAHM in a university town, so I can wear this in the daytime and feel fine about it. It's not so dark or dramatic that it looks weird. But then,I have strong coloring and I'm not working at the Stock Exchange. :) I am glad I have it for the holidays as I can see it totally looking festive as well.

Words that come to mind with Fresh Moroccan...autumn..berries...gilt...leaves...roses...russet...

I would suggest that anyone who wants a pretty, striking, unique lipstick run and buy this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a lipgloss girl but wanted to try a red lipstick for my MMM skin. The smart women on the mu board recommended this one. It is a brick red with subtle gold shimmer. I have been wearing it everyday since with Blushbaby blush a perfect combination! Thanks MUA, you nailed it again!!

Recommended for Medium Skin