November 28, 2014 | 1623 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Christian Dior - Duo-Phase Eye Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by wondergeek

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been trying out the sample remover for a year now and I must say it has worked really well for me. The oil melts my liquid eyeliner and I do not need to exert too much force on my tender lids. I love the sea blue colour for sure but it is a little troublesome when I forget to shake the bottle before use. That part annoys me much. Other then it's a tad too oily, I'll buy it again if I have the spare cash to. It's quite a pocket burner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by hrm5270

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It takes off all of my makeup easily and does not irritate my eyes. I am very pleased with this product being so gentle on my sensitive skin. It feels very silky on my skin and I have used it for over 6 months without any problems. I made the mistake of using Almay makeup remover pads when I was out of this. ( it reddened and burned my eyes) I am rushing out to buy more of this and will continue to use it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2008 3:29:00 AM More reviews by janerbabe

I found Lancome's Bi-Facil too oily and was looking for a HG remover. I should've stuck with what worked. Expensive and not worth the money. The SA at the Dior counter whom I bought a couple items from, including the Diorshow mascara... yuck, insisted this was the best remover out there (better than Bi-Facil, ha!) and wouldn't stop raving about it. I gave it a try, and voila behold my waterproof Chanel Inimitable residue all below my eyes. the SA said all I had to do was put a little on a cotton pad and rub the area gently. Now when that didn't work, I put a generous amount on the pad and rubbed quite hard - I lost at least 2 eyelashes everytime I do this, which is every night - because I wouldn't be getting any progress by "rubbing gently". It seems like it removes everything, but the residue appears magically after I cleanse and exfoliate. Go figure!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by hulagal36

Boo. Does not remove all of my eye make-up. I personally like a more moisturizing eye make-up remover and this just didn't do it for me. I think the packaging is wasteful and bottom line: this doesn't work for me and it's too costly. I'll stick to baby oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2007 6:29:00 PM More reviews by cupcakes21

Wow I absolutely LOVE this stuff! I got it as a free sample when I bought my Diorshow mascara and have been so impressed with it that I bought the full size bottle! I have really sensitive, easily irritated, dry eyes and this is SO gentle on them. It takes off my eyeshadow, liner, and mascara in a swipe or two and leaves my eyes feeling moisturized afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2006 9:42:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is my favorite eye makeup remover. I'm quite excited to have discovered it. It's actually one of the few (if not only) products I have tried over the last four years without reading the productville reviews first. I ordered it because I am a fan of Dior makeup and was running low on my Lancome Bifacil, which prior to discovering this had been my daily makeup remover for years (although I went through a period where I used Kiehl's Extremely Gentle Eye Makeup Remover before returning to Bifacil). This beats them all -- drugstore to high eng. It is slightly oily, but I like that because it doesn't leave my skin at all dry. I use this every night to take off my eye makeup before cleansing my face. This is gentle and very effective. And it's the same price is Lancome's Bifacil. It really is a wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2006 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Machinery

This is great i love it! It's so light but don't let that fool you. It removes all my makeup!
The only concern with this product is it runs out very quickly.
The scent is not too strong and does not dry out your skin.
Love this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2006 3:12:00 PM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have found all of this type eye makeup removers work well. I cannot tolerate those that arent oily as I have found every one of them so stingy in my eyes. I like this very much and I wear heavy makeup with the base/ eye shadow/ w/p eye liner and mascara every day. It takes it all off!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2006 12:01:00 AM More reviews by wendyjh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It works, but not as well as the regular Dior cleansing milk or gelee for face and eyes. Bought it to get the GWP. I'll use it up but won't buy it again. Seriously, the Cleansing gelee or Cleansing milk does a much better job of removing eye makeup and doesn't leave the oily residue.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2005 10:27:00 PM More reviews by cute_fishy

I definitely will not buy this again, for a couple of reasons:
(1) I found that this does not take off my mascara well. (And I wear mascara everyday. So I have been disappointed every single day since I bought this)
(2) It leaves the skin around my eyes oily. (OK, I know that all duo-phase product leaves the area oily. But most of them washes right off. This doesn't)
(3) This stings my eyes.

The packaging does score points. The weighted top is brilliant. But other than that, nothing special about it.

In summary: A below-average product with an above-average price. Not worth the money.