July 28, 2014 | 1033 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by zazine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this product ! I don't have bad acne, but my skin have always been acne-prone. I've tried a BUNCH of products that was so strong and dried my skin out. I'm now 21 years old. I was sticking with more gentle products that wasn't made for acne, but this winter, I started breaking out more than usual.
I bought this product randomly, the price is a bit higher than other cleansers but, I wanted to try it.
The product itself is pretty unique, since it's a daily cleanser AND a face mask. I use Lush's Coal Face cleanser in the morning, and at night (everyday), in the shower, I always use this one, as a MASK. I leave it on my face for about 3 minutes, not more than that.
It doesn't dry my skin out that much, but leaves it insanely CLEAN. I recommend using a moisturizer right away. I saw a difference for my skin, and when I don't use it, it gets a little worst!
The packaging is perfectly fine, you squeeze out the product. Oh ! And this product is actually a gentle scrub too, which really deep cleanse your pores, is feels soooo good :) This is good stuff, I will buy it over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by orangekangaroos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't write reviews, but I thought I would make an exception because I really like this product. First off, the price is right, which is essential for me, because I don't have a ton of money blow on face wash. It's priced normally, and it works great, so you get some bang for your buck. It smells good, I like the packaging--it's just a squeeze bottle--and it actually does what it says it does. I know, right? I've been using it for about two weeks and it had cleared all of my blackheads, and I had so many in my cheeks. All gone. And it's clearing the rest of my skin too, except for the little bumps, but I'm hoping those will go away with time. The only thing is that it dries my skin--and my skin is not by any means dry. But that should obviously be anticipated with benzoyl peroxide. I have a really good salysillic acid moisturizer that I use afterward, though.
Usually I'll just wash with it (make sure to use cold water after), but the mask works as well, especially if you have redness. I use it as a spot treatment sometimes, because I have bad picking habit. It shrinks everything.
Bottom line, this cleared my skin like nothing I've tried before. If you have acne prone skin, I definitely recommend :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by rachladner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This definitely FEELS like it works. The first time I did this I felt like my skin was opening up for the first time and just ... breathing. It was magical.

My complexion has definitely gotten much more clear, but I've started using a lot of different things, so I can't say that this is what did the trick, but it only takes about 5 minutes to do the mask and your skin will thank you. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Tuney07

This is one of my all time favorite acne cleansers! I've re purchased it at least 3 times now and actually need a new one. It has 3.5% benzoyl peroxide which can be a bit drying to some but if you have oily skin and struggle with acne flare ups during or before that time of the month I would give this a shot! I don't use it on a daily basis, only when I feel my pores need that extra help. It has the best tingly feeling that convinces me it's working. You can also use it as a mask. I enjoy using it before and during shark week since my hormones go out of wack lol it definitely helps and I only use it at nighttime since it is a much stronger cleanser than an everyday one. Don't rub it on your skin for too long tho because of the benzoyl peroxide and make sure you protect your skin after cleansing with SPF if you use it during the day. It's also more gentle than the proactiv cleanser that also has benzoyl peroxide at a fraction of the cost!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

I have been using this for a week, and thought I would share my thoughts on it. For starters, I have combination, acne-prone, very sensitive skin. I break out most on the lower halves of my cheeks, where I also get the most dry. My T-zone tends to get oily, but as of lately, not overly so. I use this after I have used my Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Cleanser in conjunction with my Olay ProX in the shower every night. I also moisturize with my Olay Sensitive Skin Moisturizer spf 15 and then use my Clearasil Adult Acne spot treatment.
The first night I used this, my face did feel cleaner, but it was no "over night miracle product". I have continued to use this as a cleanser (I have yet to use it as a mask) and I have been noticing a huge improvement in my skin! My pores are definitely tighter, my skin is very smooth and even, my acne is diminishing. I used to use Pernox Lemon Sulfur Scrub, which I liked okay, but I felt that instead of curing my acne, it more just kept it under control. THIS BP cleanser, however, does not just keep it under control, it eradicated the problem all together. I really am glad I found this cleanser on MUA, it is really saving my skin. And for the price, it can't be beat!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueenstylebaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

BIG RECOMMENDATION! This products results are absolutely amazing. When I first used this, i knew it would've taken a while to get used to the burn. On the second or third time i used this as a mask, I already saw big clarification in my skin. I usually use this after i've taken a hot shower to open up my pores then use a scrub and then apply this on my open pores so it clears quicker. I recommend leaving this mask on until the burn and coolness wear off other than just five minutes. I use this mask every other two days but always on Sundays before school on Monday. Amazing product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my holy grail for skin care products. I have oily and acne prone skin. There is benzoyl peroxide in this product. Be careful though cause Benzoyl peroxide does bleach. So don't get it on your clothes. I've been using BP for 4 years and it was a miracle. S when I found this product and noticed it had BP, I had to get it. This strips away the dirt, oil and reduces my acne size. It feels like mint on your face when you use it as a mask. Very refreshing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i typically don't care for most Neutrogena products but i really like this for spot treatments. For me this is a little strong so i am not using this for a cleanser or a mask but its works pretty good for spot treating a pimple or small breakout, to me its just one those products i like keeping around but i would never lose my shit if i didn't have this or if i ran out lol

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Kbreland

I am on my third tube of this. I use this about twice per week as a mask. It's hard to find a great benzoyl peroxide product like this. It keeps my oily t-zone in check, and I like the tingling sensation. I took off a lippie because I prefer products that come in a pump, and it would dry me out if I used it every day as a cleanser. *Note: Benzoyl peroxide will bleach your clothes, towel, pillow case, etc., so be careful when you're using this to wash it all off!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by LIMESTAR93

I've been using this as my daily cleanser and it really helps to avoid break outs.
And my skin is kinda sensitive but I don't find this irritating as a cleanser. Haven't tried as facial mask though.