Sephora Express Waterproof Eye Make-up Remover w/ vitamin E

3.3

on 4/2/2007 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Just OK. This is an oil-based eye make-up remover that needs to be shaken up immediately before use. It removes most eye make-up well, but is only so-so at removing waterproof make-up. There's nothing horribly wrong with it; it wasn't awful, but it wasn't great either. Didn't cause any stinging or allergic reactions and the price is nice. What bothered me the most about this product was how I still have to really work to get my eye make-up off.

I really love this remover, no more stinging for me and this is an absolute first any remover did not sting. I don't wear a lot of waterproof makeup, except for some liners, so removal is really easy with this for me, no real rubbing. I can't say what it would be like on WP mascara. It is gentle and efficient and non irritating and I love the bottle. So what you have to shake it. I can handle that to get this gentle formula.

on 3/12/2006 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

it is ok, but it takes a bit of rubbing. i want an eye makeup remover that can just glide my makeup off. i prefer lancome's remover to this, i believe.

on 9/9/2005 11:41:00 PM

It was OK as a makeup remover...didn't get everything off like it was supposed to. It's not as oily as Lancome's Bi-Facil but I feel like it couldn't get my mascara off as well either. I HATE the screw top, made it so annoying to twist it off each time. Is a flip cap so hard to make?? The scent was ok, it didn't bother me. I don't think I'll buy this again, just on account of the screw cap.

on 7/24/2005 11:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my favorite eye makeup remover. I wear lots of waterproof mascara and cotton ball soaked in this takes it all off. I do like the rose scent, but I would prefer an unfragranced product for my eyes. It doesn't irritate me though. continued >>

on 3/6/2005 10:31:00 AM

Hate to dissent but I really didn't like this product and ended up returning it. It didn't remove non-WP mascara easily without tugging, and I noticed an oily residue under my eyes even after cleansing. The bottle top is not user-friendly and it was a pain having to unscrew the bottle for every use. I also noticed that it didn't seem to mix as well as other dual-phased removers. I couldn't use it to correct makeup mistakes because it irritated my contacts. It isn't the absolute worst I've tried, but overall I was very disappointed with this product.

on 2/18/2005 3:21:00 PM

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with the other reviews. I've been using Clinique's 'Rinse-off eye make up remover' for about 1 year now. I saw some mixed reviews for it on MakeupAlley so I figured there may be a better remover out there for me (even though I was content w/ the one I was using). So I decided to try Sephora's. First, I didn't like how it didn't saturate properly on the cotton ball. Secondly, you have to shake it so hard to ensure that the 2 liquids blend together before you use it..this is a nuisance. Thirdly, I felt it was VERY oily. When I washed my face w/ my cleanser afterwards, I still felt as though there was oily residue left behind. I also felt it stung my eyes slightly which my clinique one doesn't do. I have to admit, it does do a good job of removing my eye make-up. I'm just not happy w/ the shaking process & oily feeling left behind. Some make up removers don't need to be cleansed off after wards. You definitely have to with this one.

on 9/3/2004 5:21:00 AM

Does a good job removing three coats of waterproof mascara and she-laq eyebrows. I do have to use a lot of product to get everything off. I've been using one bottle for 3 months, every night and still have plenty left.

on 8/22/2004 7:54:00 PM

I simply fell in love with this remover. As I am an eye-make-up junk I tried a dozen of removers and this is definaitly my HG! The most important thing is that it is not greasy unlike most other eye make-up removers. I love the packaging and the smell is not too overwelming, it smells like the product my granny uses to rinse her eyes so... Will certainly repurchase!

on 5/13/2004 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Excellent waterproof makeup remover. It comes in a clear frosted plastic bottle that's in a vintage perfume decanter shape, with a screwing cap. The contents (which smell faintly of rosewater) are blue and clear, and reminds me of some of the H2O+ solutions with the dual liquid layers (you know, where you really want to swish it around to see the colours swirl). Because of the way it looks and its low price, I was initially wary and thought it would be one of those products that rely on visual gimmicks to sell a mediocre performance. But this works very well... I've got sensitive skin and eyes and this stuff is extremely gentle (it's alcohol-free), and I've never had problems taking any makeup off. I need only a small dab of it when I use it too, so it's extremely good for its price. Thumbs up!