MAC Satin - Grain

4.5

on 4/22/2012 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this eyeshadow!! I was in search for something natural for work that I could just rub all over my lid and add some Mystery or Charcoal Brown on top or as a liner, and this is a perfect neutral for me. I am NC20, really yellow. So yellow in fact that this color actually shows up a little peachy on me, which I love, because it neutralizes and highlights what would otherwise be blue/purplish dark areas on the inner corners of my eyes. And I like that the texture isn't extremely glittery or crazy shiny, but has just enough zip to look professional and polished. I got a shadow from Sally's called Champagne by a company called Palladio... it's one of those "baked" shadows. When I put it on, I looked like a sparkly drag queen and had to mix some cheap maybelline matte eyeshadow on top of it. Great for going out which I don't do that much anymore because I'm getting older, but no bueno for work. Grain is really the best of both worlds if you want a natural, pretty and polished look. I don't know what everyone else's deal is about not getting this to show up - the color payoff is just as good as any of Mac's other eyeshadows.

on 3/22/2012 3:20:00 PM

I got this as a Back to MAC which is unfortunate because I can't return it.
The texture is terrible. I cannot get the colour to show up on me (NC15-20). With primer, without primer, wet, or dry. Nothing. It is a complete waste.
I'm starting to expect this hit-or-miss experience from MAC eyeshadows, in terms of texture/pigmentation issues. Its great that they have so many colours but whats the point if they wont show up on the lid? MAC will not be a go-to for eyeshadow for me in the future.

on 2/19/2012 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Neutral to warm skin tone, NC25/NW25ish.

Grain is a light beige color. When I wear it on my lids it's quite soft, doesn't show up too much unless I pack it on.. I use Grain on my eyelids when I want a very natural look with Cork in the crease. I tend to use this color more as a brow highlight or inner eye highlighter. It gives more of a soft highlight look.

Grain has a satin finish and it not shimmery.

I would repurchase

on 1/14/2012 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like the colour - it's a 50-50 orange and pink, so it doesn't really lean to any side. I really wanted such a colour for a no-makeup-look My problem is: I can't get it to show up, because of it's texture :( It's one of those shadows I end up rubbing for a long time before I get any colour pay-off, which also ruins my brush. If it was easy to work with, I would love this, but it gets that sheen on top that bad cheap shadows usually get, although I know this one is a real MAC one. I may try it as a highlighter in the summer, but for now, I don't like this at all.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This is my favorite highlighter. The color is extremely natural and adds a beautiful shimmer and couldn't be easier to apply the perfect amount. It's also extremely versatile because it will match any eye shadow! If you're looking for a natural look, you could only use this color just to add some sparkle!

on 7/13/2011 12:59:00 PM

Very pretty satin medium-beige. This is a perfect neutral for my eyes, slightly darker than my skintone (NW 15). Very good quality, very easy to work with. I'm pleased with this eyeshadow.

on 5/17/2011 5:01:00 PM

I was looking for ages for the perfect my lids but better colour for me and so far didn't really have any luck. Finally I found this colour and I love it. It was just what I was looking for. It is a lovely natural peachy, shimmery colour which gives a nice sheen to your lids. It also works great in the inner corner too. I couldn't use it as a highlight as im very pale but this would work great as a highlight for darker skintones as well.

It has a lovely texture, is nicely pigmented and goes on very smooth.

I would definitely repurchase whenever I run out.

Grain is the perfect, my-lids-but-better color. It's a soft, peachy pink skin-tone color that doesn't lean too pink or too peach or too yellow. The pictures here don't do it justice. It has a soft, flattering sheen - no frost. I like to use this as an all-over lid color, an inner corner highlight, browbone highlight, or even a cheekbone highlight. It's such a pretty, staple shadow. I can't sing enough praises. If you are slightly cool-toned and have problems finding that perfect versatile lid shade, do yourself a favor and pick this up.

on 3/9/2011 8:55:00 AM

I don't use this as a shadow. Grain is the exact color of my skin so I was on the hunt for a "mini foundation" for touch ups during the day rather than hauling around a big compact and this does it. It's sheer has a tiny luminosity to it so it's not flat and it just works perfectly! I also use Omega for face contouring rather than eyeshadow too. I love that they are small and take up no room. Talk about multi-tasking products! Love them both! Perfect!

on 2/1/2011 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this eyeshadow!!! I am new at using MAC so this was my second e/s i have bought from there. I use it with all my natural looks as an all over lid color i think this is a must have for everyone...

Top Rated MAC Products