September 1, 2014 | 1962 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Grain

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I really like the colour - it's a 50-50 orange and pink, so it doesn't really lean to any side. I really wanted such a colour for a no-makeup-look My problem is: I can't get it to show up, because of it's texture :( It's one of those shadows I end up rubbing for a long time before I get any colour pay-off, which also ruins my brush. If it was easy to work with, I would love this, but it gets that sheen on top that bad cheap shadows usually get, although I know this one is a real MAC one. I may try it as a highlighter in the summer, but for now, I don't like this at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by AMakeupAddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite highlighter. The color is extremely natural and adds a beautiful shimmer and couldn't be easier to apply the perfect amount. It's also extremely versatile because it will match any eye shadow! If you're looking for a natural look, you could only use this color just to add some sparkle!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Cyerie

Very pretty satin medium-beige. This is a perfect neutral for my eyes, slightly darker than my skintone (NW 15). Very good quality, very easy to work with. I'm pleased with this eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by SadAng3l

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for ages for the perfect my lids but better colour for me and so far didn't really have any luck. Finally I found this colour and I love it. It was just what I was looking for. It is a lovely natural peachy, shimmery colour which gives a nice sheen to your lids. It also works great in the inner corner too. I couldn't use it as a highlight as im very pale but this would work great as a highlight for darker skintones as well.

It has a lovely texture, is nicely pigmented and goes on very smooth.

I would definitely repurchase whenever I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

Grain is the perfect, my-lids-but-better color. It's a soft, peachy pink skin-tone color that doesn't lean too pink or too peach or too yellow. The pictures here don't do it justice. It has a soft, flattering sheen - no frost. I like to use this as an all-over lid color, an inner corner highlight, browbone highlight, or even a cheekbone highlight. It's such a pretty, staple shadow. I can't sing enough praises. If you are slightly cool-toned and have problems finding that perfect versatile lid shade, do yourself a favor and pick this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by ninanina

I don't use this as a shadow. Grain is the exact color of my skin so I was on the hunt for a "mini foundation" for touch ups during the day rather than hauling around a big compact and this does it. It's sheer has a tiny luminosity to it so it's not flat and it just works perfectly! I also use Omega for face contouring rather than eyeshadow too. I love that they are small and take up no room. Talk about multi-tasking products! Love them both! Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Andream20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow!!! I am new at using MAC so this was my second e/s i have bought from there. I use it with all my natural looks as an all over lid color i think this is a must have for everyone...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by katharineb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

What a great eyeshadow, smooth, creamy, a little shimmery - great at night to accent blue eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

What a great surprise this was. Not a typical highlighter but a marvelous colour that blends into my lid perfectly and has a remarkable sheen that I haven't experienced with any other shadow. A cool light beige with a tender bit of blue undertone; it makes my lids look so naturally beautiful and it reflects light in a natural way. The perfect base for a myriad of crease colours and liners. It has brought a new angle to my makeup. This will really liven up your makeup wardrobe and you would never think so by looking at it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I had been wanting this shadow for quite some time, I got it in the mail last week from a MUA-er and altho I was quite surprised how "blah" it looks in the pan I decided I'd find a way to use it. I wore it the following days all over the lid overtop bare study with only satin taupe in the crease with brown liner and mascara. It was ok nothing special, later in the night I realized how simple this look was and really began to love it. I did the same combo for 4 days straight. The crazy part is, I have never used satin taupe for anything besides a lid color so it was a nice change and very quick and easy. I would def purchase this color again
Update: I also layer this over groundwork paint pot and it looks great as well!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No