November 27, 2014 | 1020 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Grain

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by canadian

Neutral to warm skin tone, NC25/NW25ish.

Grain is a light beige color. When I wear it on my lids it's quite soft, doesn't show up too much unless I pack it on.. I use Grain on my eyelids when I want a very natural look with Cork in the crease. I tend to use this color more as a brow highlight or inner eye highlighter. It gives more of a soft highlight look.

Grain has a satin finish and it not shimmery.

I would repurchase

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I really like the colour - it's a 50-50 orange and pink, so it doesn't really lean to any side. I really wanted such a colour for a no-makeup-look My problem is: I can't get it to show up, because of it's texture :( It's one of those shadows I end up rubbing for a long time before I get any colour pay-off, which also ruins my brush. If it was easy to work with, I would love this, but it gets that sheen on top that bad cheap shadows usually get, although I know this one is a real MAC one. I may try it as a highlighter in the summer, but for now, I don't like this at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by AMakeupAddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite highlighter. The color is extremely natural and adds a beautiful shimmer and couldn't be easier to apply the perfect amount. It's also extremely versatile because it will match any eye shadow! If you're looking for a natural look, you could only use this color just to add some sparkle!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Cyerie

Very pretty satin medium-beige. This is a perfect neutral for my eyes, slightly darker than my skintone (NW 15). Very good quality, very easy to work with. I'm pleased with this eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by SadAng3l

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for ages for the perfect my lids but better colour for me and so far didn't really have any luck. Finally I found this colour and I love it. It was just what I was looking for. It is a lovely natural peachy, shimmery colour which gives a nice sheen to your lids. It also works great in the inner corner too. I couldn't use it as a highlight as im very pale but this would work great as a highlight for darker skintones as well.

It has a lovely texture, is nicely pigmented and goes on very smooth.

I would definitely repurchase whenever I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

Grain is the perfect, my-lids-but-better color. It's a soft, peachy pink skin-tone color that doesn't lean too pink or too peach or too yellow. The pictures here don't do it justice. It has a soft, flattering sheen - no frost. I like to use this as an all-over lid color, an inner corner highlight, browbone highlight, or even a cheekbone highlight. It's such a pretty, staple shadow. I can't sing enough praises. If you are slightly cool-toned and have problems finding that perfect versatile lid shade, do yourself a favor and pick this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by ninanina

I don't use this as a shadow. Grain is the exact color of my skin so I was on the hunt for a "mini foundation" for touch ups during the day rather than hauling around a big compact and this does it. It's sheer has a tiny luminosity to it so it's not flat and it just works perfectly! I also use Omega for face contouring rather than eyeshadow too. I love that they are small and take up no room. Talk about multi-tasking products! Love them both! Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Andream20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow!!! I am new at using MAC so this was my second e/s i have bought from there. I use it with all my natural looks as an all over lid color i think this is a must have for everyone...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by katharineb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

What a great eyeshadow, smooth, creamy, a little shimmery - great at night to accent blue eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

What a great surprise this was. Not a typical highlighter but a marvelous colour that blends into my lid perfectly and has a remarkable sheen that I haven't experienced with any other shadow. A cool light beige with a tender bit of blue undertone; it makes my lids look so naturally beautiful and it reflects light in a natural way. The perfect base for a myriad of crease colours and liners. It has brought a new angle to my makeup. This will really liven up your makeup wardrobe and you would never think so by looking at it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No