April 20, 2014 | 1631 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Solano - HAI Convertable Flat Iron

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by prettycitygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried many Sally and beauty store flat irons and non can come close to measuring up to the HAI convertable flat iron!

I purchased my HAI off ebay 7-years ago for $80 and it was by far the best investment I've made in any styling product! I raved about it so much that my step-mother and cousin went out an bought one! They love their HAI too! It's the bestflat iron out there, hands down!

PROS: adjustable temp setting, fast heating and cooling, and comfortable grip. AWESOME price!

CONS: Only con is sometimes my hair gets snagged in the plates.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Bethany3844

I bought the Hai after considerable research following the demise of my Chi (my fault, spilled something on the plug unit). The Hai doesn't give me that "stick straight" look, but it leaves my hair beautifully soft and straight in a more natural way that I think is more flattering.

I also haven't noticed any damage from using the Hai, something I always worried about with the Chi. I'm not sure i liked that lank, "stick straight" look anyway -- my hair feels fuller and is in general much happier with the Hai.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ef604

I love this flat iron! Got it based on the reviews here and could not be happier. I bought it on ebay for a quite reasonable price, it worked out to about $85 including shipping to Canada. I have gone through my share of flat irons, and this one is definitely the best I've ever tried. Love the blue ceramic plates, love the temperature control, love how fast it transforms my puffy/frizzy hair into shiny silky and healthy looking hair. Also, I have noticed that my hair stays straight for longer. Now, I do my hair the night before and go to sleep. When I wake up in the morning, my hair is still straight, no kinks!! That is truly amazing. Also, it heats up and cools down really fast. Great flat iron, give it a try!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 4:12:00 AM More reviews by prncessjasmine

yes yes yes. to all that rated this high you are right. both my stylist either use this one or the regular one inch haistick which i really recommend a one inch because you can get closer to the roots. sometime customers think its expensive but i always tell them both my stylist had them for several years and myself included and they keep them on 8 hours at a time and they havent blown. wipe them with alchol to keep them clean. heat protectants build up on them. This flat iron heats up quickly, is pure ceramic, and has a temp control. its 1 1/4 iches and I think its a little longer. I wouldnt go any wider for a flat iron cause you should flat iron with small sections. Oh and never never never have damp hair. even if the flat iron says wet dry people! go ask your stylist :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Nicole1519

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best flatiron EVER! I got mine on ebay this week and am amazed at how sleek it makes my hair. I had been using a Conair flatiron before and the HAI is 100x better. I have tons of frizz and nothing seems to tame it but this flatiron is miraculous. It heats up so quickly and straightens the hair in one shot...with the Conair I always had to go over the sections of hair multiple times to get it straight - then I'd worry about the damage I was doing to my hair! Wish the HAI had been a little cheaper but now that I have it, I can't live without it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have tried several different flat irons (including CHI) and this one has to be the best one I've ever used. My hair is thick, coarse and long and this smoothes it out perfectly. Yes, it's a little on the expensive side, but it's a professional product that delivers results. I don't know what I'd do without my HAI flat iron.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Swine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great, dependable flat iron -- at a pretty decent price. It gets my hair straight and it stays straight, no matter what the humidity is (even in the awful summers in NYC). And it gets my wavy/curly/thick/coarse/frizzy puffball of hair to a more naturally straight, mostly frizz-free look than the "just stuck your finger in an electric socket" obviously flat-ironed look that the Chi gives. I've had mine for 2 years with absolutely no probs, so the reviewer below did get stuck with a bad one. Even tho I would buy again if it did die, I'm probably gonna go for a GHD 'cause of all the raves I've seen on the hair board. Before this one I had a MaxiGlide, which was completely horrible. It tore clumps of hair off my head, never got my hair all that straight and if the humidity was above 1%, then my hair reverted back to being a wavy/curly/frizzy puffball. I tried the original Chi (without the temp control) and returned it because it left me with bizzarro hair -- straight frizz and flyaways sticking out everywhere -- not a good look!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by darkashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this flat iron from folica.com about 7 months ago and until about a month ago I had no problems with it. Last month I started to notice the blue paint (i.e. the ceramic coating) started wearing off of the flat iron. I didn't realize it was actually the ceramic coating that was coming off until I mentioned it to my hair stylist and put two and two together on why my hair hasn't been straightening very well lately. I don't know if mine is defective, but I would think from all the rave reviews and the price I paid ($80) for it, the flat iron would last longer than half a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 4:55:00 AM More reviews by christinalovesvintage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love my Hai flat iron.. It has been the best flat iron that I have ever used. I have tried many. When I first started out using the flat iron (nearly 8 years ago) I started out with a cheap one "Helen of Troy" that I bought at Sally's Beauty Supply. I laugh now when I think that I even owned one. But, I then found the CHI flat iron. It worked. But I soon discovered the T3 which was a $170 flat iron.... I was not impressed with the T3... But, then I met my boyfriend who is a hairstylist. He gave me the HAI Convertable swearing that it is the best on the market....IT REALLY IS..... It heats up so fast and not only that the heat is more consistent with adjustable temp. settings. (170*-390* F) I have one at his place and one at mine. I even bought my mother one for x-mas. I did however venture out and bought the Sedu ionic ceramic tourmaline flat iron. It was cost me about $125 and I was bummed at how it left my hair. I have a lot of hair not to mention curly and I like to rock it in a mod a-line.. So, I need a good flat iron. Thus far the HAI Convertable is the best. I am in cosmetology school as well and I ONLY use the HAI Convertable and the HAI Stick. The HAI Convertable retails at beauty supply stores for $129 but I have bought my last two on Ebay......

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 2:37:00 AM More reviews by kdoggyfizzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

the BEST. period.