September 22, 2014 | 1581 users online

Treatments - Christian Dior - Dior Abricot Creme for Nails

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a big fan at all. It is really sticky and hard to get off of your hands and I haven't noticed any difference in my cuticles.

Definitely a waste of money in my opinion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

At US$24.50 for 0.35 ounces, this is probably the most expensive nail cream available. It comes in a small white plastic container. The cream has a foil covering, but there is no air space, so when the foil is peeled back, there is a messy accumulation of cream that spills over the top. This is a very thick cream and only a tiny bit is necessary for all ten nails. I use it at night.

I thought this cream would have an apricot fragrance and color, but it doesn't. The color is a deep artificial pink, and it has a flowery fragrance.

The label says this is a "Fortifying Cream For Nails. A legendary and ultra-effective nail cream that encourages nail growth and improves resistance."

Instructions say to "Gently massage around nails, so that cream penetrates into the skin. For maximum effectiveness, use before going to bed, allowing the cream to work all night."

Dior's Creme Abricot has been available for 50 years, so it must be doing something right!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by NahidaBasma

I really like this product ! It does miracles to the nails the only con that you need to consider before buying is that you cannot apply polish after applying this you have to let it dry by its self so its well absorbed

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Trata

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tried this product based on a beauty tip in a French magazine; was glad to find it available in US by the same name. Far and away the best nail/cuticle product I've ever tried—it actually works, and my cuticles improved literally overnight. Living in a cold climate, my nails & cuticles are extremely dry in the winter, with ugly hangnails. Nightly use of this product eliminates the problem. I've used other products in recent years, including solar oil, with little or no result. This product is different. Like other reviewers, I find it sticky, but I rather like the mild apricot scent. Again like others, I find that only a tiny, tiny amount is needed; a single pot will last me for a year. Very highly recommended, and well suited for older women's skin care needs.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by helenavera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Miraculous stuff! My cuticles were all raggy and gross last week but a few nights of using this and they seem to have shrunk back and almost disappeared. I also invested in some cuticle remover and tools but I doubt I'll even need to use them if I keep putting this gorgeous goo on every night. It smells lovely and is a pleasure to put on. I used to use the Burt's Bees Lemon stuff but this is far, far better. A little expensive but so worth it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by cdimitrovski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

HG: hardly any product required; initial financial outlay $47AUD is fine as the product will last all year. My cuticles always look and feel so much better when using creme abricot. I've tried solar oil and Posche cuticle cream, but I'll stick with Dior. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Jfol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had realistic expectations for this product because I did thorough research prior to purchase and had sampled it at sephora multiple times as well. I have very angry cuticles due to frequent gel manicures and exposure to acetone so it was time to let my nails rest. Due to its sticky and heavy nature, The CD creme is great for night time use, especially paired with loccitane cuticle cream for daytime use and essie millionails for nail treatment if you have severely damaged nails and cuticles. It adds up to a very expensive regimen but it has produced visible results. Would buy again although this will last me ages.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by lawlady88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE! Just go buy it. It smells fruity and sweet, the color is enticing, and it makes your nails shiny and cuticles look moist and plump. Go buy it, you won't regret it! I'll have this pretty white jar on my bedside for many years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by NickiW83

I am so glad I found this little gem. After years of suffering from allergic dermatitis and eczema on my hands, I have never been able to grow my nails. Until now. Ok, some people may think it is expensive - but I truly believe you get what you pay for and more. The packaging alone is beautiful - and don't let the little pot deceive you, it lasts FOREVER. I love the smell, and whilst it is quite sticky at first, my nails seem to suck it up quite quickly so it's not a problem. The cream is very nourishing and the difference in my nails in just 2 weeks is unbelievable. I was so impressed I went out and bought the whole dior manicure range, so now I can finally have the beautiful nails I always dreamed of. Buy this - you won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by lainerz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My nails are and always have been weak, to the point that I could rip a whole free edge off and not notice when I did it. I have tried everything - OPI Nail Envy, Nail Tek, Nailtiques, Deborah Lippmann Hard Rock, lotions, cuticles creams, etc - with no changes, much less any improvement. I have been using Creme Abricot for ONE WEEK and my nails are so improved that I almost can't believe it's my nails I'm seeing when I look at them.

The scent is pleasant, if a little manufactured, and I like the consistency of the balm. However, putting it on does need to be the last thing you do at night, because it is sticky! I usually put it on 30 minutes before I fall asleep to give it some time to absorb, and my nail beds still feel moisturized when I wake up the next morning.

Yes, it's expensive, but considering how much I've already spent and that it actually WORKS, it's not really an issue for me. I will buy this again, and it will probably be the only treatment I use for my nails for the rest of my life. One of my co-workers saw my nails the other day and immediately asked me what I had been doing differently, the improvement is that noticeable!

If you're waffling about getting it, buy it at Sephora and give it a test run. That way, if you don't like it, you'll at least be able to return it.