November 27, 2014 | 1178 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Body Glow

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2007 12:32:00 AM More reviews by maudelynn

What a horrid mess! It stained my dress AND smelled so awful my boyfriend kept sniffing the air and finally said
"Honey, do you smell that?" To add insult to injury, it dried me out and wouldn't wash off right away so I was blotchy, just like my favourite dress :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2007 11:22:00 AM More reviews by luxliving

I just purchased this product today and I like it. For me it isn't oily or greasy. I mixed by just turning the bottle over a few times and then I used a medicine dropper (I do this for a lot of my products) to get it out and then I used it on my legs and arms--just to sample. There is not oiliness at all..it's kind of dry actually. So I'm not sure why some are complaining that it's oily going on. It looks very oily in the bottle but it's not going on at all. It gives me a beautiful glow as an African American--medium complexion. It compliments my skin tone beautifully and I know it would anyone darker or even lighter (olive and darker colors...anyone with some color to them). I'm not sure how it would look on those who are even lighter than that however. The color isn't deep..it's sheer chocolate.

'm not sure about the fragrance just yet---which is why I rated it a 4. It's not a strong scent. I'm not sure what it smells like..but it's a familiar scent. I guess I would say it smells like 'lipstick'...yes, that's the smell. I just had a childhood vision of smelling my mothers Avon or Fashion Fair lipsticks and playing with them...lol...it smells like that...a very pleasant scent--tropical.

I rated it 4 overall..I love it so far. I'd buy it again. I can see that the bottle will last a long time because I only wear it on certain days when I want a little more 'glow'......lol. I will buy again for certain..

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by noir1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just me? I think it stinks so bad...something specific I can't put my fingure on atm...Plasticy and disgusting...I like the effect i just can't wear it if its this stinks this bad and the smell is noticable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2006 4:37:00 PM More reviews by westcoastgirl

No way will I ever use this product again. It is stinky, messy, oily and I do not like the glass bottle. It went right back to Sephora. There is way better products out there than to pay this much for this junk.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 4:55:00 AM More reviews by escebola

Oh, wow. I can't praise enough this product. It smells like heaven, leaves a subtle shimmery tinted (chocolate brown) sheen wherever you appply it. Perfect for a night out at summer. It is way too expensive, though (EUR 70 in Madrid, Spain) and the packaging quality is somewhat tricky (I'm dreading the idea that, since it's a glass bottle, it'll slip out of my hands and break in a million pieces eek), but I hope it'll last for quite a while and mmmm the smell!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2006 1:00:00 PM More reviews by at183

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted not to like this product. I've tried it numerous times and even thought the smell was awful at first. But I found it on sale for only $20 and decided to buy it because I love using oil on my legs after I shave. I usually use something like Palmer's or even just baby oil. But I ended up loving this stuff. The smell grew on me and now I love it. It's kinda chocolate-y and coconutty, definitely great for summer. And it's really not too overpowering. The color of the oil definitely will not do much, I'm very fair and it gives me just a slight shimmer. But I like the fact that the shimmer is subtle. If you like using oils for moisturizer this product is great. If you don't use too much and wait a bit to get dressed there really shouldn't be much product ruboff, if at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2006 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Lory79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this yesterday from Bluemercury in Philadelphia, I went there to see this because I wanted an oil with shimmers and good scent. I saw this months ago at sephora but did not impress me that much at that time but now with hot weather I thought of it again. And yes I read the reviews before buying it.
I think that most of you don't know how to properly apply it.
The oil is soft scented, typical monoi oil scent, coconut and tiare flowers mixed together, the shimmers are very small, the oil itself is not greasy at all.
The trick is to put some oil into your hands and then rub into your skin until the oil is absorbed and melted. I think that most people just overdo it.
And concerning the scent, it is not that strong, once you apply it, it fades and leaves something exotic, really sexy to me.
The price is steep but to me the product works and it is such an unic oil that I don't care.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2006 10:37:00 PM More reviews by asdiamo

I am a high-end product JUNKIE, and this is by far and way the most incredible cosmetic I have ever purchased. It takes a few applications to learn the best way to use it, but basically you have to shake it up so that the dark brown liquid mixes with the golden color --- run the closed bottle under hot water if it is solidified (ie: during the winter, in a colder room, etc.), until it becomes liquid-y again. I like to put this all over my decolletage and arms before I go out at night -- and in the summer I definetely use it on my legs if I'm wearing a skirt. It works great mixed in with moisturizer, too. The key is to rub it between your hands and vigorously apply it until it is worked in and doesn't leave a greasy film. Do not dress immediately after or you will leave marks on your clothing. I know it sounds like a "high maintenance" product, but it is SO WORTH IT for the beautiful, natural glow it gives the skin. Also, it looks great on the skin when you're in a bikini on the beach. Sexiest product EVER. I'd give this 10 lippies if I could!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2006 9:26:00 AM More reviews by calamansi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

smells absolutely heavenly, BUT does not dry into a beautiful glow instead stays extremely greasy and gets on EVERYTHING! say good bye to your white bikini. i'm just thankful that it washes out easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2006 1:29:00 AM More reviews by mjlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I KNEW this wouldnt be the product of my dreams, yet i was obsessed with buying it. It is around $180 in australia!!! can you believe it!! And of course, i got it and though 'its a bit 'meh''. Granted, it makes my already brown tanned skin shimmery and bronze, but its not wowser - brilliant.

I'll use this up and then not buy again ... it was just one of those 'must have tried' products for me. If you have the money to spare then go ahead, but if not, dont bother - you will regret it. Its a fun novelty and looks impressive in your room.

I dont mind the smell - its very 'summer holiday' but i put my Be Delicious on to make it less promient.