September 30, 2014 | 1844 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by makeupfun21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried this product maybe around two years ago. It did NOT work for me and I threw it out after giving it three tries! I also really dislike the packaging-- it's unhygienic. I'd stick to Clean & Clear's Benzoyl Peroxide .5% treatment any day-- it works the best and quickest for me whenever I get a blemish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by CanopicDC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it works! i have oily/combo sensitive acne-prone skin ( the best kind there is...i know haha) I get ginormous zits on my chin if i eat too much sugar esp. around that time of the month and once the zit is upcoming nothing ever helps to stop it and it heads and i pop it and yeah it's gross! but this little guy works like a charm on upcoming blemishes...i put it on my zit a few times a day and within two days the zit stops hurting and starts to shrink...I also put ice on the zit to help speed up the process. It smells nice, dries up fast and works! i once put it on a zit near my eye and the product went in my eye and it hurt like a B lol but it works! fellow acne prone people def. give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by eeeee

It works. Just not as fast as I would have liked. I'm combating these 1-2 cystic zits I keep getting and there is a noticeable improvement in size after I've applied this. It definitely seems gentler than salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide as is works to dissolve the zit instead of bring it to a head. I believe it is for this reason that it takes longer than I would have liked for it to heal. I also haven't noticed any prevention in acne when I've applied to acne-prone areas.

With that in mind, it doesn't dry out your skin like other spot treatments, and smells like black licorice which I find incredibly pleasant. The packaging is not hygienic with it's rollerball application, so I removed the plastic top and either tip it over on a clean finger to apply or insert an ear swab and apply with that. I would also exercise caution to anyone who decides to carry this in their bag with the plastic tip removed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

This really does work when I get a blemish, but I cringe at the packaging at times because it doesn't seem sanitary at all when you're rolling it on a blemish and then turning around and rolling it on another. I guess the ingredients In it could help with that but regardless, its still a little unsanitary. Besides that, I like that this is mostly natural ingredients. It helps treat any blemishes that may pop up, and doesn't sting or burn when I apply it to my sensitive skin. I like to put this in a small make up bag and throw it in my purse but I have to agree with another reviewer because this does leak at times. When I apply this though I have to use only a little otherwise it will leak out and down my face. There is just better treatments out there especially at the drug store where you can get this that work better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by BrittCastsFireballs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

So far, I really love this product. I've been using for about a week or so without any hitches. Plus, it actually works! I tend to break out around my lower face (not sure why) during that time of the month and, let me tell you, this product has eliminated those breakouts almost as soon as they pop up!
I'll update if anything goes wrong, but so far so good. No additional breakouts, no bad reactions, no excessive dry patches where applied, etc.
It has a pungent licorice scent that fades a bit. I hate licorice, but I quite enjoy the smell.
I have VERY sensitive skin and allergies, but this hasn't affected those at all. It doesn't burn when applied except if applied over broken skin (which you really shouldn't do anyway). It also doesn't burn my eyes or cause them to water as some reviewers have noted.
The packaging could use some work, in my opinion. I like rollerballs because they dispense a very small amount and distribute evenly. However, I'm curious as to how sanitary they really are. :/ I haven't experienced any of the leaking issues as so many others have. A few times it has gotten stuck and I had to roll it around on my finger a few times before applying, but that's about it.
The Herbal Stick is about $8 at Walgreens for a small vial with a rollerball tip. It seems like it'll last a while, even using several times a day!
Would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Fantastic mix of natural, acne fighting ingredients - and it really helps to kill spots quickly! However, it's quite expensive and the roll-on packaging is very leaky! When I put it on my skin a lot of it just ran out all over my face, and when I was travelling a lot leaked out into the cap as well. So it ran out very quickly. If they fix the packaging I would consider buying it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by littleann818

I really like this product! I have very dry-combination, sensitive skin and when I do break out usually it's in one small spot. I apply this right away the night before and the next day...the breakout is GONE. Love this stuff. It does have a distinct herbal smell to it that some ppl might not be fond of. But I don't mind it. I would repurchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by wondryas

I love this product! Best Acne Treatment Ive ever tried. I stopped using this when I ran out a few weeks ago and broke out almost right away. I started using it again a few days ago and my skin has cleared up completely!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by glamgeneration

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My aunt persuaded me to try this product because she claimed it 'Worked wonders' so I went to Rite-Aid and bought it. I was not impressed at at. I put it on once or twice a day after I washed my face and saw absolutely no change. My aunt said I won't see results until at least 2 weeks later. I kept using it for 3 weeks but after no change I stopped using it. Also the scent is very strong and very alcohol-based especially because of my very sensitive nose. I do not recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by geideja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I used to love this product few years ago then bought third bottle recently and something definitely changed. Luckily, I still had my older bottle and it was almost empty. I tested both on two different zits. The older one worked really fast. The new bottle wasn't effective. I think they changed ingredients or I got a bad batch.