The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/12/2010 10:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I got this Lip Butter when a friend hosted a Body Shop party. I love coconut scented anything, and when I first opened the jar, I was won over by the scent. Unfortunately, once I used it, I was NOT impressed at all!
As others have said, it's rather "chunky" for a lip butter. It will turn your lips a white shade if you're not applying it in front of a mirror, and you accidently apply too much....I've done this on occasion, and ended up getting funny looks from people. I also noticed that it does not stay on my lips for very long, there's this weird tacky texture to it while it's on my lips, and after it wears off, my lips actually feel DRIED OUT!!
I stopped using it for a couple of months, and went on to a different lip butter. About a month ago, I found it in a drawer, and it now has a very funky smell and texture to it. Kind of a bummer, since I feel like I paid a lot of money for such a little "pot" of lip butter. Would definitely not buy this product again :(

on 8/4/2010 8:39:00 AM

I love the smell and the moisturising effect. Just a small amount is required. I apply this every morning and often in the evening. I always have it on hand in my jacket pocket during the colder months. Looks great when I just put it on, and it soaks it well without leaving a greasy feeling on the lips like other brands.

I think the formula has been improved in the past year, because it's now a lot creamier (= better) than it used to be.

The downside is the packaging, because it's not all that handy to carry around in my pants pocket during the summer months. I love to see it in a tube or stick form.

on 7/23/2010 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

terrible stuff!! i bought this lip butter when my lips were severely chapped, peeled, and inflamed,, and hoped this product could save my lips, but boy was i not wrong...it did not heal my lips, it didn't even moisturize them. i would apply it on and then after 15 minutes it'd be all gone and my lips would still feel super dry. (i suggest carmax if you have severely chapped lips, that's what worked for me) after not using it for a little while this stuff goes bad, its texture kinda hardened and it just turned to a piece of trash. i love the body butters from the body shop but their lip butters are just not even worth a dime. save you money and maybe go for the born lippy lip balms.

on 6/13/2010 12:30:00 PM

This lip butter was soo chunky. It had actually flakes of coconut in it. I dont know if it was just the one i got, but it was pretty unuseless. Also, it kinda leaves a white film on your lips, and it doesn't really soaks in. But i love the cute packaging and the smell of it.

on 5/27/2010 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

at first i thought this would be my HG lip moisturizing balm, but i was wrong and disapointed. this really looked promising. this is a really thick product, too thick for its own good. although it was thick, it was pretty smooth, exept for the occasional chunks.. this does smell really nice, but leaves a wierd taste in your mouth and on your lips. the biggest problem was if you applied too much, which i often accidentally did, your lips went creamy white. it was not a flattering look whatsoever. it does feel moisterizing, but i find it doesn't really soak into your lips, and if it does, it sure takes awhile. overall i don't think i'll be purchasing again.

on 4/4/2010 11:30:00 PM

Cute jar. Very moisturizing. Creamy, but I had a few occasional chunks? Again, same as the other Body Shop lip gloss, left an odd taste in my mouth. Wonderful smell. Doesn't stay loner, and you only need a little or else your lips will be creamy white. Overall, don't purchase this.

on 1/9/2010 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This lip butter is quite moisturizing plus it smells really nice. If you don't use too much it will leave a white film on your lips but you should just put a small layer on your lips. The staying power is quite crap but reapplying will keep your lips moist.

on 10/20/2009 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This lip butter does nothing for my lips except dry them out more! It leaves a film on my lips and feels gross and too thick. I wouldn't mind thick it it worked. The smell is great, the taste is stale. I wouldn't buy again.

on 10/16/2009 10:42:00 PM

I put this on before bed, and when I wake up in the morning, my lips are soft and moisturised. The perfect lip treatment!

on 7/11/2009 12:14:00 AM

Very disappointed in this product. Like others have mentioned, it leaves a milky white film on your lips and just is not moisturizing at all. I expect better from TBS. The only thing this has going for it is the scent and taste. I would not purchase this again.

Popular Lip Treatments