November 22, 2014 | 908 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Coconut Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by sowen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the smell and the moisturising effect. Just a small amount is required. I apply this every morning and often in the evening. I always have it on hand in my jacket pocket during the colder months. Looks great when I just put it on, and it soaks it well without leaving a greasy feeling on the lips like other brands.

I think the formula has been improved in the past year, because it's now a lot creamier (= better) than it used to be.

The downside is the packaging, because it's not all that handy to carry around in my pants pocket during the summer months. I love to see it in a tube or stick form.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by celevia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

terrible stuff!! i bought this lip butter when my lips were severely chapped, peeled, and inflamed,, and hoped this product could save my lips, but boy was i not wrong...it did not heal my lips, it didn't even moisturize them. i would apply it on and then after 15 minutes it'd be all gone and my lips would still feel super dry. (i suggest carmax if you have severely chapped lips, that's what worked for me) after not using it for a little while this stuff goes bad, its texture kinda hardened and it just turned to a piece of trash. i love the body butters from the body shop but their lip butters are just not even worth a dime. save you money and maybe go for the born lippy lip balms.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Carolish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This lip butter was soo chunky. It had actually flakes of coconut in it. I dont know if it was just the one i got, but it was pretty unuseless. Also, it kinda leaves a white film on your lips, and it doesn't really soaks in. But i love the cute packaging and the smell of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by littlejay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

at first i thought this would be my HG lip moisturizing balm, but i was wrong and disapointed. this really looked promising. this is a really thick product, too thick for its own good. although it was thick, it was pretty smooth, exept for the occasional chunks.. this does smell really nice, but leaves a wierd taste in your mouth and on your lips. the biggest problem was if you applied too much, which i often accidentally did, your lips went creamy white. it was not a flattering look whatsoever. it does feel moisterizing, but i find it doesn't really soak into your lips, and if it does, it sure takes awhile. overall i don't think i'll be purchasing again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by jazzsm191

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cute jar. Very moisturizing. Creamy, but I had a few occasional chunks? Again, same as the other Body Shop lip gloss, left an odd taste in my mouth. Wonderful smell. Doesn't stay loner, and you only need a little or else your lips will be creamy white. Overall, don't purchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by ItsNayy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This lip butter is quite moisturizing plus it smells really nice. If you don't use too much it will leave a white film on your lips but you should just put a small layer on your lips. The staying power is quite crap but reapplying will keep your lips moist.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by stir

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This lip butter does nothing for my lips except dry them out more! It leaves a film on my lips and feels gross and too thick. I wouldn't mind thick it it worked. The smell is great, the taste is stale. I wouldn't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Nenalata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I put this on before bed, and when I wake up in the morning, my lips are soft and moisturised. The perfect lip treatment!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by lavenderfleur

Very disappointed in this product. Like others have mentioned, it leaves a milky white film on your lips and just is not moisturizing at all. I expect better from TBS. The only thing this has going for it is the scent and taste. I would not purchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by cwa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the worst lip treatment. Feels like grease on my lips. Not at all moisturizing. I don't like digging it out with my fingers either. I will never repurchase.