November 23, 2014 | 1645 users online

Lip Treatments - MAC - Lip Conditioner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

best lip product i've used. and i've used loads, i wont move on from this :)

UPDATE. i don't think i really gave much info on why i love this. It's only 11 which compared to some products out there is great. You can choose what form you wish the packaging to come in e.g. stick, tube, tub (i use the tub).

it's better than vaseline as it has loads of nutrients for you lips that protect it against ageing, weather damage and so on. It sits lovely on your lips and smells divine, like milkybar pudding but not overpowering at all. It lasts for ever! i find i only need to reapply every couple of hours and that for vanity reasons rather tham moisturization reasons so i'd definitley reccomend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Pauw

I have the most bipolar lips ever. It's perfectly smooth one minute and then chapped by the next. I've tried dozens of lip balms but they only do one thing in common - make my lips even drier.

I've been recommended to try this lip conditioner by MAC. And I bought it. I have this thing towards waxier lip balms as I find them to be the least drying, and this was waxy enough for me.I got the colorless one in the small pot. I set aside the germophobic in me and opted for this instead of the stick or tube type because you obviously get tons more product with what you pay for since they all cost just the same.

So the moment it was shipped at my doorstep, I was pleased. I had crazy flaked and chapped lips that I got this lip balm just in time. I used it and to my surprise, it was pretty good. Very moisturizing, didn't dry my lips out after a few minutes, and smelled wonderful just like the typical MAC lipstick smell of vanilla. I was so pleased by the fact that it has SPF 15 on it too.

Sicne I got it last May, I've been using it either alone or underneath my most drying lipstick and not once did I complain. In fact, it did its job pretty well. Not until around after 3 months when it started to make my lips bleed after everytime I use it. I didn't prep my lips for lipstick anymore. In fact, I stuck to just going back to using my lipstick without the help of this lip balm underneath it because it made my lips drier. I didn't know what happened. I guess the product itself changes overtime. And what annoyed me most is that it expired too fast since I got it. It expired October and had it since May. I've been using everyday and I haven't even reached half of the pot.

Not to say that this was horrible. It was good the first few applications but it wears off as time pass. And I just find it ridiculously expensive, I could have gotten seven vaseline lip therapies (which is what I use now and loving) with the price of this single lip balm. LESSON LEARNED: NEVER SPEND TOO MUCH ON LIP BALM AS THEY ARE ALL THE SAME. Except for some few which managed to really help my chapped lips.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by jenlulz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this! It feels amazing and smells heavenly. My lips are super dry all the time and this did the trick. :) Will buy again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

I will buy this lipbalm until the very end of my life!!! This lip conditioner is nothing short of amazing! The first time I used this on my BF (he's on accutane) he was also amazed at how the dry bits on his lips simply dissapeared after 30 secondes! We smooch with this on our lips and the kissing just never ends~THIS is how WONDERFUL this lipbalm is. I already have repurchased it in the tinted version, the pot version, as well as the squeeze tube one. They all work WONDERS!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 5:39:00 AM More reviews by cupcakekiki

I LOVE this product. I have extremely sensitive lips and finding lipbalms/products that doesn't trigger a break out of coldsores is a problem i have. This smells yummy, and i like that it is not a balm cause i dont like the waxy feeling on my lips. I am more of a lipstick wearer than a lipgloss wearer and this keeps me lips nice and smooth and in great condition so my lipsticks go on nicely. It is also nice to add on top of lipstick if it is matte to give it a nice sheen. The SPF is an added bonus and i would not be found on holiday with out this.
It lasts me a really long time so i have no problems with the price.
The tub is probably the only downside due to sanitary reasons, but i don't let anyone but me use mine and i am a sanitizer fiend when im on the go, and i apply with lipbrushes at home so its not a major gripe for me. I Highly recommend it. The tinted ones are lovely too!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by xoxokris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as a lip primer over my regular lip balm. Alone it's moisturizing and nice but not as good as my drugstore lip balm. However, it does a GREAT job priming the lips fr lipstick (my regular balm alone didn't make my lipsticks go on as nicely as this did). It smoothes the lips and makes the lines not visible. I apply my reg balm, a thin coat of this, then lipstick. My lips look plump, smooth, and pretty for a long time! The spf is a plus. Though this is supposed to be clear, it does lighten the lips a little, which I like since my lips are pigmented, but if you don't like that then i would say try one of the tinted ones. Re purchasing when I run out for sure!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

It was kind of soothing the first day, but now I get the sinking feeling that regular usage will cause major peeling and flaking. I constantly have to reapply because my lips no longer feel moist after 5 min. Very annoying. Please save your money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 4:01:00 AM More reviews by marsqurine

I love this product :) It retails for US$14.50 for a 15ml tub. It is the best lip balm out of my collection of 30+ lip balms or so. I have this in the old white container before it was repackaged. As stated in the website, A lightweight conditioning balm for the lip formulated with SPF 15. Protects the lips from everyday aggressions, holds in moisture, provides gentle repair to dry lips. Contains Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Avocado Extract, Wheat Germ Oil, vitamins A and E. Petroleum based to seal in moisture yet smooth to apply, non-sticky on. Slightly vanilla-flavoured. Colour-free. It does hold true to what it claims. I use a lip brush to apply it. After using it almost everyday for the past 1.5 years, there is still about 3/8 amount left in the pot, enough for at least another year of use. This can be applied on before sleep, and you can scrub off the dead skin on your lips the next morning. I also always use this before lipstick or lipgloss. While it makes lipstick application more sheer, it keeps my lips nicely moisturized. I also love its vanilla scent. Even though it may be about 5 6 times more expensive than regular tubes of lip balm, it also holds more product and this really moisturizes. I have a junior who complained about the price, but she uses up her Neutrogena lip balm much faster as her lips are constantly dry. This will make a good birthday present for her. I will recommend this to anybody, and will definitely repurchase this again :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Fantastic moisturizer. It's far superior to Burt's Bees. I'm a lipstick girl and wear very drying lipsticks like CoverGirl Outlast and MAC lipsticks and my lips can really take a beating from these. I apply at night before bed and wake up to soft, moisturized lips in the morning.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS:
- Moisturizing.
- Non sticky/greasy.
- Nice vanilla bean smell/taste.
- Lasts several hours without having to reapply.

CONS:
- Sweet smell/taste can be overwhelming if you're not in the mood for
sweets.
- Leaves white tint to lips.
- Lip tin can he difficult to close.

Overall, this is a nice lip conditioner. It's not good enough to replace my HG lip treatment (Rosebud Strawberry Balm), but it's nice to use now and then for something different. Will repurchase.