December 22, 2014 | 1749 users online

Polishes - Orly - Nail Polish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by sexytresses

I really like the lids on these polishes, very good grip. I don't have one in a bold color, so as far as coverage I'm not sure. I have a creamy white ivory color I use on my nail tips for a French manicure. It seems to be good quality except if you cake it on thick, it gets sorta rubbery in consistancy and WILL NOT FREAKIN DRY! A little more pricey than what I'm used to.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by CaliBaby47

I bought a pretty light pink color "Lift the Veil" and was totally stoked to try it! When i put it on it was really streaky and i had to put two coats on, but the color wasn't solid. i added another coat and it was too thick on my nail. 2 coats of it looks alright, but it was not what i expected. for the price i paid, i think i could find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2008 6:49:00 AM More reviews by grace123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised with orly nailpolish. I've always been an OPI girl, so i was abit reluctant in trying something new. Not wanting to waste me money on something that i might not like, i purchased a mini orly nailpolish. I was really happy with it. The colour was GORGEOUS and the application was non-streaky (but maybe that was because it was a smaller brush? idk). I look forward in buying more orly nailpolishes...hopefully the other ones are just as good :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by lovestosmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just purchased Orly nail enamel in "Fantasea". This is a gorgeous lavendar with irridecence in it. Kinda like a sunset thru a cloudy sky. My DH picked this out. Yes, he goes with me to buy nailpolish. What a prince! This looks so beautiful on, and is the true color you see in the bottle, which I really love. There is nothing worse than buying a polish that looks darker in the bottle and getting it home, only to find that it looks "wimpy" on. LOVE IT. New favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2007 7:52:00 AM More reviews by summer4

Orly nail polish in "Beyond Pink" is one of the most beautiful colors I've ever seen. When I saw it in the bottle, I couldn't wait to get home and try it on my hands. It's a deep fruity pink, goes on smoothly and shines when dry, and I've received many compliments on it. I picked it up at my local drug store and it was the last one there; I'm definately going to search elsewhere and pick up a second bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2007 12:46:00 PM More reviews by dstxgirl

I definitely prefer Orly nail polishes to Opi. The Opi polishes I have had never provided the good, even coverage that Orly does. Orly has beautiful colors and goes on smoothly. I never have any problems with them. And depending on the colors you choose, some of their shades have a lot of shine, IMO.

They do chip within a couple of days for me, but I seem to be pretty hard on my nails. Even with protective top coats, all nail polishes chip on me within a couple of days.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2007 4:38:00 PM More reviews by jilltaylor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent nail polish! I put on two coats and wore it for 4-5 days, didn't chip once! I also liked that the cap had a rubber grip on it. The salesgirl told me that is was generic OPI, put out by the same company, only $3.99 compared to OPI $7.50.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2006 7:29:00 AM More reviews by jinxkat

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The color I am reviewing is "Cut the Cake". It is a lovely soft lavender with subtle microglitter. A spur of the moment purchase. I was surprised that the color works fairly well on me, since I normally can't wear too much in the way of lavender shades. Drying time was average & so far no chips. Would not purchase it again as I will never run out, but it does give a nice sparkly finish without being over the top. I could easily wear this color to work & not feel uncomfortable.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2006 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Delerith

I tried it years ago in beauty salon and then there were no more Orly in Russia for several years :( but this year a new beauty store was open and I was so happy to find Orly products there!!!! I've instantly bought Bonder, Glosser and Cutique. I was choosing nail colour very long and at last bought Mind's Eye. I haven't regret buying it at all! It lasts a whole week with all the base and coat tops. The colour itself is very deep. I think it will be good on toes also. A month later I also bought Berry Blast - nice summer colour, I wanted some Fuchsia shade and bought this. I put 3 layers what is a bit much for me (usually 2) but still I like it. Will definitely try other shades.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2005 9:22:00 AM More reviews by tcarol02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I personally think that #1 - this polish is pretty pricey for a drugstore brand (it was like $6.49 or something) and #2 - it stinks. It's not very pigmented, you need like 3 coats and it doesn't go on very well. I love the packaging though, so mad that Orly patented that rubber cap. Won't repurchase.