October 1, 2014 | 1699 users online

Polishes - Orly - Nail Polish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by wartthree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the Orly Matte in Purple Velvet polish. It goes on smooth and dries rather quickly. Because it is matte finish some imperfections on the nail bed tend to show thru.If you put a top coat on it becomes glossy, kinda defeating the purpose of a matte polish. I really like this polish. It is the first matte I have bought and am hooked!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by sexytresses

I really like the lids on these polishes, very good grip. I don't have one in a bold color, so as far as coverage I'm not sure. I have a creamy white ivory color I use on my nail tips for a French manicure. It seems to be good quality except if you cake it on thick, it gets sorta rubbery in consistancy and WILL NOT FREAKIN DRY! A little more pricey than what I'm used to.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by CaliBaby47

I bought a pretty light pink color "Lift the Veil" and was totally stoked to try it! When i put it on it was really streaky and i had to put two coats on, but the color wasn't solid. i added another coat and it was too thick on my nail. 2 coats of it looks alright, but it was not what i expected. for the price i paid, i think i could find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2008 6:49:00 AM More reviews by grace123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised with orly nailpolish. I've always been an OPI girl, so i was abit reluctant in trying something new. Not wanting to waste me money on something that i might not like, i purchased a mini orly nailpolish. I was really happy with it. The colour was GORGEOUS and the application was non-streaky (but maybe that was because it was a smaller brush? idk). I look forward in buying more orly nailpolishes...hopefully the other ones are just as good :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by lovestosmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just purchased Orly nail enamel in "Fantasea". This is a gorgeous lavendar with irridecence in it. Kinda like a sunset thru a cloudy sky. My DH picked this out. Yes, he goes with me to buy nailpolish. What a prince! This looks so beautiful on, and is the true color you see in the bottle, which I really love. There is nothing worse than buying a polish that looks darker in the bottle and getting it home, only to find that it looks "wimpy" on. LOVE IT. New favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2007 7:52:00 AM More reviews by summer4

Orly nail polish in "Beyond Pink" is one of the most beautiful colors I've ever seen. When I saw it in the bottle, I couldn't wait to get home and try it on my hands. It's a deep fruity pink, goes on smoothly and shines when dry, and I've received many compliments on it. I picked it up at my local drug store and it was the last one there; I'm definately going to search elsewhere and pick up a second bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2007 12:46:00 PM More reviews by dstxgirl

I definitely prefer Orly nail polishes to Opi. The Opi polishes I have had never provided the good, even coverage that Orly does. Orly has beautiful colors and goes on smoothly. I never have any problems with them. And depending on the colors you choose, some of their shades have a lot of shine, IMO.

They do chip within a couple of days for me, but I seem to be pretty hard on my nails. Even with protective top coats, all nail polishes chip on me within a couple of days.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2007 4:38:00 PM More reviews by jilltaylor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent nail polish! I put on two coats and wore it for 4-5 days, didn't chip once! I also liked that the cap had a rubber grip on it. The salesgirl told me that is was generic OPI, put out by the same company, only $3.99 compared to OPI $7.50.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2006 7:29:00 AM More reviews by jinxkat

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The color I am reviewing is "Cut the Cake". It is a lovely soft lavender with subtle microglitter. A spur of the moment purchase. I was surprised that the color works fairly well on me, since I normally can't wear too much in the way of lavender shades. Drying time was average & so far no chips. Would not purchase it again as I will never run out, but it does give a nice sparkly finish without being over the top. I could easily wear this color to work & not feel uncomfortable.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2006 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Delerith

I tried it years ago in beauty salon and then there were no more Orly in Russia for several years :( but this year a new beauty store was open and I was so happy to find Orly products there!!!! I've instantly bought Bonder, Glosser and Cutique. I was choosing nail colour very long and at last bought Mind's Eye. I haven't regret buying it at all! It lasts a whole week with all the base and coat tops. The colour itself is very deep. I think it will be good on toes also. A month later I also bought Berry Blast - nice summer colour, I wanted some Fuchsia shade and bought this. I put 3 layers what is a bit much for me (usually 2) but still I like it. Will definitely try other shades.