April 16, 2014 | 2066 users online

Polishes - Orly - Nail Polish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2007 12:46:00 PM More reviews by dstxgirl

I definitely prefer Orly nail polishes to Opi. The Opi polishes I have had never provided the good, even coverage that Orly does. Orly has beautiful colors and goes on smoothly. I never have any problems with them. And depending on the colors you choose, some of their shades have a lot of shine, IMO.

They do chip within a couple of days for me, but I seem to be pretty hard on my nails. Even with protective top coats, all nail polishes chip on me within a couple of days.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2007 4:38:00 PM More reviews by jilltaylor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent nail polish! I put on two coats and wore it for 4-5 days, didn't chip once! I also liked that the cap had a rubber grip on it. The salesgirl told me that is was generic OPI, put out by the same company, only $3.99 compared to OPI $7.50.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2006 7:29:00 AM More reviews by jinxkat

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The color I am reviewing is "Cut the Cake". It is a lovely soft lavender with subtle microglitter. A spur of the moment purchase. I was surprised that the color works fairly well on me, since I normally can't wear too much in the way of lavender shades. Drying time was average & so far no chips. Would not purchase it again as I will never run out, but it does give a nice sparkly finish without being over the top. I could easily wear this color to work & not feel uncomfortable.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2006 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Delerith

I tried it years ago in beauty salon and then there were no more Orly in Russia for several years :( but this year a new beauty store was open and I was so happy to find Orly products there!!!! I've instantly bought Bonder, Glosser and Cutique. I was choosing nail colour very long and at last bought Mind's Eye. I haven't regret buying it at all! It lasts a whole week with all the base and coat tops. The colour itself is very deep. I think it will be good on toes also. A month later I also bought Berry Blast - nice summer colour, I wanted some Fuchsia shade and bought this. I put 3 layers what is a bit much for me (usually 2) but still I like it. Will definitely try other shades.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2005 9:22:00 AM More reviews by tcarol02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I personally think that #1 - this polish is pretty pricey for a drugstore brand (it was like $6.49 or something) and #2 - it stinks. It's not very pigmented, you need like 3 coats and it doesn't go on very well. I love the packaging though, so mad that Orly patented that rubber cap. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2005 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Dimalynn

Outstanding nail polish value, have bought it in every color imaginable with no regrets. Supernatural is a wonderful shade and a favorite...it is neutral enough to go with most everything and catches the light in a way that defines "supernatural".

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2003 2:16:00 PM More reviews by BrookeTrox

Don't you hate when you find a great shade of polish and can't use it because the formula is so dismal? That's what Orly's "Forever Crimson" is to me. It is a nice, deep, blue red that would be a perfect toe color, if the formula wasn't so goopy. It takes forever to dry...if you are lucky. Even when applied in really thin coats, it doesn't dry fully, so that when you bump a nail off something the polish slides.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by kh027

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Orly nail polish is like buttah on your nails. The formulas are wonderful, and the colors are true to bottle. The base or top coats do not matter on me, these polishes stay put! I get tip wear after a few days, but that's nothing new (I type a lot at work).

I'm sad that CVS doesn't carry Orly anymore, I don't have a Sally's nearby :c

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by geekmom

Orly is the only nail polish that stays on my nails. I've tried OPI, Loreal, and some of the real cheap ones too. The only one that stays on is Orly. I do love the way OPI glides on better because of their unique brush, but even OPI won't stay on as long.

I haven't tried Orly's nail strengthener. I have horrible, weak nails that tear in the corners and chip when they get long. I love gel and acrylics, but my nails are so thin that the process of getting fake nails is too painful to do every week. Orly is the only way my nails actually stay painted.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by kittybees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No. Just a horrid, gloopy mess. I will not be re buying this. You would think that for such a price the formula would not be so awful but it is. I have cheaper nail polishes that dont get all gloopy and thick after a few weeks. A waste. Takes forever to dry and messes up easily. God awful crap >:(.