Orly Nail Polish

3.9

Orly nail polishes are just OK. I expected more from them. I found their quality to be just slightly better than Sally Hansen. It starts chipping after only 2 or 3 days and the color fades quickly too, even with a top-coat. If you're looking for something long-lasting, I would not recommend Orly nail polishes.

on 6/9/2010 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

By FAR the BEST nail polishes I have ever used! I visited my only local sally's store for the first time last month and picked up three of these. It was buy two get one free, so it is definitely affordable. I picked up the colors la playa (a nice solid dark blue), OLE (a pretty coral), and Glitz (gold). One coat is all you need with these polishes, and they're nice and opaque. Even though they ARE thicker than other nail polishes, they are SUPER easy to apply because the brush stroke lines blend in together as it dries to give you a beautiful, smooth, and even application. I HIGHLY recommend these polishes. They're way better than any OPI, China Glaze, MAC, essie, or any drug store polishes I have tried! I just wish they'd make some holographic colors... then I would really be set. :)

on 1/31/2010 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I discovered this brand at my local Sally's Beauty Supply Store. I find the array of colors absolutely delightful. I find it lasts much longer when applied to acrylic nails than it does to my real nails. I wish that it was thicker too because then I wouldn't have to apply three coats in order to get the intensity of the real color. I really don't mind that I do but I would trade in this nail polish for a brand that offered the same array of gorgeous delicious colors but did a better job with application and longevity.

on 1/4/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchase my Orly nail polishes at Sally Beauty. I have trusted the Orly brand for years now...ever since I started to do my french manicures at home (a budget fashionista!) It goes on smooth, the colors are true, and it lasts. The top coats are produce an amazing shine (right now I am using Manifique on top of the White Tips and Beverly Hills Plum polishes). They have such a nice selection of shades for the french manicure too... you can go nude, like pink, or a more natural shade of rose. Orly also has many shades of white... from the very stark white opaque, to a more sheer white tip. My go-to brand that I always have in my beauty cabinet next to my OPI laquers!

I bought orly nail polish in fantasea, and while i was reading through reviews i saw that many people think this nail laquer dries quickly. for me, its exactly the opposite. i like the color, though it is sort of opaque and i need to apply four coats. i love the rubberized top. I hate the fact that if i dont give it a full hour to dry it smudges.
the best nail polish in my opinion is essie. i will never buy this again.

on 10/2/2009 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is the Orly Matte in Purple Velvet polish. It goes on smooth and dries rather quickly. Because it is matte finish some imperfections on the nail bed tend to show thru.If you put a top coat on it becomes glossy, kinda defeating the purpose of a matte polish. I really like this polish. It is the first matte I have bought and am hooked!!!

on 6/3/2009 2:38:00 AM

I really like the lids on these polishes, very good grip. I don't have one in a bold color, so as far as coverage I'm not sure. I have a creamy white ivory color I use on my nail tips for a French manicure. It seems to be good quality except if you cake it on thick, it gets sorta rubbery in consistancy and WILL NOT FREAKIN DRY! A little more pricey than what I'm used to.

on 5/29/2009 5:06:00 PM

I bought a pretty light pink color "Lift the Veil" and was totally stoked to try it! When i put it on it was really streaky and i had to put two coats on, but the color wasn't solid. i added another coat and it was too thick on my nail. 2 coats of it looks alright, but it was not what i expected. for the price i paid, i think i could find something better.

on 5/1/2009 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Orly polishes, IMO, are hit or miss - some of them are perfect, some are streaky, some are gloopy. Also, they do not wear as well as my HG OPI polishes. Orlys are highly shiny on the first day but seem to get dull (on the multiple colors I've tried) at four days whereas OPI shine can last right through six to seven days. Also, I've had more than subtle chipping and tip wear with Orly at four days but OPI can last five to six with no chips. I tend to compare everything I try to OPI because I haven't yet found anything better. However, Orly is a great polish and has a wide variety of colors. The rubberized handle is very convenient; however, I find the skinny brush a little difficult to work with. Also, the polish may need to be changed more often if you're like me and can't stand chipping and dull polish after a few days of wear. All in all, I'd buy Orly products again and just change colors more often.

on 9/20/2008 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was pleasantly surprised with orly nailpolish. I've always been an OPI girl, so i was abit reluctant in trying something new. Not wanting to waste me money on something that i might not like, i purchased a mini orly nailpolish. I was really happy with it. The colour was GORGEOUS and the application was non-streaky (but maybe that was because it was a smaller brush? idk). I look forward in buying more orly nailpolishes...hopefully the other ones are just as good :)

Popular Polishes