Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish - Mousse Makeup

4.2

Water (Aqua), Isobutane, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Isostearate, Talc, Isopropyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Propane, Isopropyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Glyceryl Stearate, Octyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Dioctyl Adipate, Lanolin Alcohol, Petrolatum, Lanolin, Cellulose Gum, Lithium Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Fragrance, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 3/28/2009 5:18:00 PM

I don't hate this foundation, don't love it either. I bought it on a whim one day at Ulta for no really good reason...it's pretty sheer, stays on well, doesn't settle into lines. I'll use it up on my "good" skin days because it does look natural on when I don't need more coverage, but I don't notice anything spectacular when I wear it so I won't buy again.

on 2/18/2009 8:18:00 PM

This is my HG for my sensitive, dry skin. I love it I have used a whole bottle of it and had no problems with it. I notice if I want a heavier look I squirt some on the top of my hand and tap a kabuki in it and put it on and the coverage is heavy if I want light look I just sponge it on. I went today and bought 2 bottles more of this. Will continue to use it is HG for me.

on 1/31/2009 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to love this stuff, my mum used it when she actually wore make up, and said it was the best foundation she used. She told me it gave good coverage, and didn't feel cakey. This was not the case for me. No coverage AT ALL.

on 12/18/2008 10:01:00 AM

I like this. I buy it in buff for winter and summer for summer. I like the application...very sanitary with the little moussey foam and I think the coverage is good and doesn't settle into lines. I don't care for the smell though - a bit stinky. (????) Other than that, it's a nice foundation.

on 5/26/2008 6:12:00 PM

Excellent foundation, this goes on flawlessly and gives you that very natural look whilet also giving you good coverage. This doesn't make my sensitive skin breakout. I love the application, very hygenic. This doesn't flake in my dry areas and you don't feel like you are wearing makeup and it's very long lasting as well.

on 5/9/2008 7:01:00 PM

I have been using this product for 8 years and REFUSE to switch. It is the best stuff on earth. I was at first a little hesitant to pay the $40 price, I wear makeup 5 to 6 times a week. Well it lasts me for 1/5 years!! I am not kidding. I apply with a sponge a regular amount I would say, I am amazed it lasts so long. What I love is you do not know you even have this on your face. I have tried samples since then just to try and nothing comes even close to the product.

on 4/26/2008 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this foundation two mounths ago, and I've used it approx 5 times. The reson that I'm using it that seldom is that I have to put a lot effort in making it look good. If your skin's a little bit dry, it will flake. So whenever I'm using this I have to peel my skin and then moisturize with a really heavy moisturizer, and then wait 10 minutes to make it dry, and THEN I can apply the foundation. If you apply it with a foundation brush on perfectly smooth skin it looks very good and natural. Though I do not put this stuff on my nose, 'cos then it gets oily after just two hours.

So, if you've got skin that doesn't flake or get oily, I highly recommend this one. For everyone else - buy it if you're able to take 25 minutes every morning.

on 3/21/2008 6:45:00 PM

I read all the great reviews and decided to go out and get this foundation (actually, I found an awesome deal on it on ebay-- $12.00 for the full size can). I loved the consistency, the smell, the packaging everything about it, except two very crucial things:

1. This will not work if you're very pale (like me). To play it safe, I get the lightest color in any foundation and it almost always works (maybe a *little* off, but close enough. This however, is far too dark, even taking into account the sheerness (is that a word? :P) of the product. In "Vanilla", the lightest shade, it was still at least four + shades too dark. If it were light enough (and if my second problem weren't an issue), I'd certainly repurchase, because i love that it didn't cover up my freckles as most foundations tend to do. This is a very sheer, dewy coverage.

2. I tried to ignore it and blame it on hormones and the fact that it was "that time of the month", but this foundation made me break out horribly. When your SO is cringing at a spot on your forehead and asking "does that hurt?" you know there's something wrong.
It feels light and natural at first, but after just a few minutes my face felt so oily and slick that I ended up using so much powder to (a) make the color appear a little lighter, and (b) calm down some of the oil, that the sheerness of the foundation ended up being nullified.

If this foundation will work for you, you're very lucky, but as much as I wanted to, I really can't use or reccomend this to anyone.

I wanted to like this foundation. I like how it is in the spray can and comes out so light and airy. It blends right into my skin. But, after having it on for about 30 min. my skin was so oily, I had to blot more often throughout the day. I am guessing it is because it contains mineral oil. After wearing it everyday for four days my skin was breaking out all over and I got contact dermatitis on my cheeks. I had to return it. Good foundation if your skin can handle it. But just not for me. My skin is VERY reactive. I gave it two lippies (the ingredients are not that great).

on 2/27/2008 4:00:00 AM

I bought this foundation last year at The Bay during their buy one choose one promotion. I am a foundation junkie (many different brands) and so I didn't get around to trying this foundation until recently. I generally steer towards foundations that are sheer coverage and provide a radiant/glowy finish. I'm so excited I got both with this foundation. It blends into your skin and acts as a second skin effortlessly. If you like foundation that looks very natural, then you should definately give this one a try.

I think this foundation is fairly expensive at $40 CDN as it seems as though it would run out very fast. However, I will continue to purchase this foundation until I find something that I love even more.

And for those ladies who love Elizabeth Arden and who live in Canada, The Bay usually has a buy one choose one promotion during spring time..excellent time to stock up on your foundation!