July 25, 2014 | 1920 users online

Foundations - Elizabeth Arden - Flawless Finish - Mousse Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Cocolou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this stuff, my mum used it when she actually wore make up, and said it was the best foundation she used. She told me it gave good coverage, and didn't feel cakey. This was not the case for me. No coverage AT ALL.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 10:01:00 AM More reviews by BanditKat0824

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this. I buy it in buff for winter and summer for summer. I like the application...very sanitary with the little moussey foam and I think the coverage is good and doesn't settle into lines. I don't care for the smell though - a bit stinky. (????) Other than that, it's a nice foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Jany

Excellent foundation, this goes on flawlessly and gives you that very natural look whilet also giving you good coverage. This doesn't make my sensitive skin breakout. I love the application, very hygenic. This doesn't flake in my dry areas and you don't feel like you are wearing makeup and it's very long lasting as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by dawnmvo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for 8 years and REFUSE to switch. It is the best stuff on earth. I was at first a little hesitant to pay the $40 price, I wear makeup 5 to 6 times a week. Well it lasts me for 1/5 years!! I am not kidding. I apply with a sponge a regular amount I would say, I am amazed it lasts so long. What I love is you do not know you even have this on your face. I have tried samples since then just to try and nothing comes even close to the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2008 5:24:00 AM More reviews by astabasta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation two mounths ago, and I've used it approx 5 times. The reson that I'm using it that seldom is that I have to put a lot effort in making it look good. If your skin's a little bit dry, it will flake. So whenever I'm using this I have to peel my skin and then moisturize with a really heavy moisturizer, and then wait 10 minutes to make it dry, and THEN I can apply the foundation. If you apply it with a foundation brush on perfectly smooth skin it looks very good and natural. Though I do not put this stuff on my nose, 'cos then it gets oily after just two hours.

So, if you've got skin that doesn't flake or get oily, I highly recommend this one. For everyone else - buy it if you're able to take 25 minutes every morning.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by wolfleur

I read all the great reviews and decided to go out and get this foundation (actually, I found an awesome deal on it on ebay-- $12.00 for the full size can). I loved the consistency, the smell, the packaging everything about it, except two very crucial things:

1. This will not work if you're very pale (like me). To play it safe, I get the lightest color in any foundation and it almost always works (maybe a *little* off, but close enough. This however, is far too dark, even taking into account the sheerness (is that a word? :P) of the product. In "Vanilla", the lightest shade, it was still at least four + shades too dark. If it were light enough (and if my second problem weren't an issue), I'd certainly repurchase, because i love that it didn't cover up my freckles as most foundations tend to do. This is a very sheer, dewy coverage.

2. I tried to ignore it and blame it on hormones and the fact that it was "that time of the month", but this foundation made me break out horribly. When your SO is cringing at a spot on your forehead and asking "does that hurt?" you know there's something wrong.
It feels light and natural at first, but after just a few minutes my face felt so oily and slick that I ended up using so much powder to (a) make the color appear a little lighter, and (b) calm down some of the oil, that the sheerness of the foundation ended up being nullified.

If this foundation will work for you, you're very lucky, but as much as I wanted to, I really can't use or reccomend this to anyone.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by westcoastgirl

I wanted to like this foundation. I like how it is in the spray can and comes out so light and airy. It blends right into my skin. But, after having it on for about 30 min. my skin was so oily, I had to blot more often throughout the day. I am guessing it is because it contains mineral oil. After wearing it everyday for four days my skin was breaking out all over and I got contact dermatitis on my cheeks. I had to return it. Good foundation if your skin can handle it. But just not for me. My skin is VERY reactive. I gave it two lippies (the ingredients are not that great).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 4:00:00 AM More reviews by joooooey

I bought this foundation last year at The Bay during their buy one choose one promotion. I am a foundation junkie (many different brands) and so I didn't get around to trying this foundation until recently. I generally steer towards foundations that are sheer coverage and provide a radiant/glowy finish. I'm so excited I got both with this foundation. It blends into your skin and acts as a second skin effortlessly. If you like foundation that looks very natural, then you should definately give this one a try.

I think this foundation is fairly expensive at $40 CDN as it seems as though it would run out very fast. However, I will continue to purchase this foundation until I find something that I love even more.

And for those ladies who love Elizabeth Arden and who live in Canada, The Bay usually has a buy one choose one promotion during spring time..excellent time to stock up on your foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2008 5:21:00 AM More reviews by aelgif

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very excited about discovering this foundation! I don't wear much base makeup anymore, because I like to see my skin, and don't have many 'imperfections' to cover. Most days I'll mix some tinted moisturiser with regular moisturiser for an ultra-sheer application. This foundation is great for those who like a sheer coverage foundation with a velvety finish. I bought this in two shades, Champagne and Ivory. I noticed when I pumped a bit of the product onto my hand initially I thought the shades were too dark, however they apply and dry to a lighter shade. I like to apply this with my fingers just to areas that need it, then set with a loose powder (I like Jurlique's silk dust). Applied this way, you can control the coverage and it looks very natural, providing you have the right colour. This is one product that doesn't seem to get trapped in pores. If you have good skin, this will make it look polished and almost airbrushed. Huge thumbs up! Edit: While I still like the finish of the product, I've since discovered other brands that match my skin colour better so I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 1:24:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Update: Exchanged for vanilla which is a much better color for me. SA was useless so you may have to do your own thing when checking out this makeup. When right it does give a "my skin but better" look to my mature face which is what I've been searching for. This could become my daily makeup in winter.

Not so sure about this one for me.Went on sheer to light(my fave) and I love the light feeling of this. But after several hours foundation looked a tad cakey on my dry skin maybe because it tends to dry matte. Weird too because it starts out feeling very hydrating and ingredients even look hydrating with the mineral oil and lanolin. Color they gave me for my LLL warmtoned skin was neutral 02 and this goes on beige but looks very pink soon thereafter so color is definitely wrong for me. I detected no scent--a plus there. Will try for a better color match but when SA was trying to match me she seemed to be having a great deal of trouble so I'm not holding out much hope. But for others, if you love the lightness of minerals and are looking for a soft matte finish with sheer to light coverage stop and try this 1.