November 26, 2014 | 1735 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Diamancel - The Tough Buffer #11

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2007 12:02:00 AM More reviews by greydawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, nothing worked on my dry heels until I tried this foot file. Amazing. I use this on dry feet every other night, and finish with the #20 buffer, and my heels are as soft as a baby's. I will rebuy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2007 4:21:00 PM More reviews by damblues

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! I read the reviews on here and was hesitant but figured I have spent way more than that on products, etc.. since Dr. Scholls quit making their good pumice stone about 4 years ago. Ever since then I have struggled to keep my feet looking and feeling good. I exhausted my supply of the Dr. Scholls pumice stone a few months ago and it has been downhill since.

I ordered this and got it yesterday. Last night I went to work on my feet. After one use, wow!! It was amazing. My feet felt so smooth and when I walked on the carpet, no snags!! My boyfriend used it also and he really liked it. He has callouses that he has to cut off...he was amazed at how well this worked.

Well worth the $47.99 I paid at Dermadoctor.com... I would buy this again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by pecha

I never knew that I could have baby soft feet. Living in AZ and being in sandals and flip flops year round has left my feet cracked, dry, and scaly. Bi-monthly pedicures with their callous remover still didnt get rid of the cracks. After reading the reviews here and on drugstore.com I decided to take the plunge. I opened the package and got to work, in ten minutes the deep cracks on the bottom of my heels were gone! I couldn't believe it! I had soft smooth skin now. After cleaning up the mess (I used it dry over the tub) I used some lotion and I couldn't believe it. I could feel how it felt to walk over carpet and tile, I could feel my feet slide smoothly over the sheets getting into bed. I was rubbing my feet together in bed that night in wonder! My husband wanted to know if I got a foot transplant! I am a convert!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2006 5:11:00 PM More reviews by jocox88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think the general idea for this tool is that you are to use it EVERY day -- I first read about it on a beauty website but it took me a year to finally cough up the $$ for it. The instructions are very specific -- use it on DRY feet and clean it from time to time with soap and a brush (I use an old toothbrush and bar soap). It's much easier to use if you prop your foot on the toilet (toes at the back to do the heels, heels at the front to do the toes). I have on occasion slipped and had a foot to go in the toilet, but it's no biggie. If you are diligent (and this only takes a few minutes a day), this file should take care of even very thick, serious callouses. I LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2006 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Krissham23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

ok so this is nothing short of a miracle worker. put it this way. i live in florida, wear flip flops everday even in the winter, and would never get pedicures. Needless to say my feet were not very attractive and as a college student getting a pedicure isnt exactly at the top of my list. But I decided to go ahead and splurge on this foot buffer and it really has made such a huge difference. As soon as i got it my feet looked way better and it makes your feet so smooth! I may need to get a pedicure in a month or so b/c they were pretty bad in the first place but if you are in need of a serious foot tool i would def recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2006 3:02:00 PM More reviews by jodie111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this thing! I won't get pedicures anymore because I know a few people who have gotten pedicures at NICE salons but gotten infections from the nasty-ass basins! (No matter how well they're cleaned after each pedicure, there is still GROSS stuff like skin and hair that accumulates in the jets! MMMM!) Anyway, I now do at-home pedicures, and this thing is AWESOME. I justified the price because $48 is one pedicure, and I do it myself now! With this gem, it's quick and easy, and my feet feel as soft and wonderful as they did when I used to get professional pedicures!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2006 8:02:00 PM More reviews by reenie123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've read all the rave reviews...but this file is definitely the worst pedicure product I've ever used (I'm 52). I used it for about 6 months, and my heels became so thick with dead tissue it was disgusting! I thought it was because I always wear backless or sling back shoes, even with a monthly pedicure. Then I had a pedicure at the EA Red Door Salon while on a trip, and the technician said it was from the file. She told me Never to use a metal file! After the best Ped I've ever had, she kindly gave me a list of products she used, and one year later my feet have never felt softer! The file I now use is one I bought at ULTA...red plactic with balck emery...one course, one fine. I use it in the shower and all that nasty dead skin goes right down the drain! I don't even need the oily slougher I used to use that made me slip & slide all over the shower.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2006 11:27:00 AM More reviews by BethP781

I bought the #11 from Nordstrom ($48 + tax), because I was just too excited to wait for it to come in the mail.

I feel bad giving it a bad review, but I really didn't feel like it deserves even 4 lippies! It's basically sandpaper on a plastic stick, and took me a good 10 minutes and hard work to get all the dead skin off of my heels. I really worked up a sweat doing this! My feet were soft, but it didn't last long (maybe 2 days?). I tried it three times before returning it to Nordstrom.

I think I'll try the Kerasal lotion next....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2006 7:33:00 PM More reviews by lipglossgal

This thing is truly amazing. I sprung for this after all of the reviews here and at Drugstore.com and I'm not disappointed. As soon as it arrived I had to give it a quick test run so I only buffed for about a minute. I then slathed on my Philosophy Sole Owner and now I can't stop rubbing my feet together - they are that smooth. I can't wait to see how soft my feet will be after using this for a while! Very sturdy looking as well, so I don't think I'll have to replace it any time soon. Even if I had to buy a new one every year, it's still cheaper than getting pedicures at the salon. AWESOME!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2006 6:07:00 PM More reviews by morepoe

After reading all the reviews, I bought myself one. I LOVE IT! I can't believe how great this file is. It cuts my at-home pedicure time in half and what a savings over getting monthly pedicures. Plus, I'm never fully satisfied when I get a professional ped and it is over in 25 min. and I am out $50. This is the price of one ped. and I have my toes done just the way I like them. Very happy and would purchase again, but from the reviews, I may never have to.

UPDATE: Feb.2009 - I still use the same file! Love it.