October 24, 2014 | 1866 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This review is for the new formula, the one in the tube with doe foot applicator. They recently reformulated and added new shades. This is like a high end version of the color stay concealer also in the tube but there are a few differences. The color match for me is much better, something like 8 shades compared to 4. The lasting power is much better and stays in place once it sets. The downside is that it is drier and you have little time to work with it til it sets. All in all, one of the better concealers and worth a try. Its fluid in texture and isn't thick at all. There is also a lot more pigment but ensure you have no flakies around the eyes or prime since this will emphasise any dryness. This lasts all day and I don't need to touch up but the with revlon I do. I also tried the concealer in the little compact, also in the double wear range but that is way too thick and I feel this is a much better product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So Double Wear Concealer and me are two weeks into our new relationship and quite liking each other despite a few teething problems at the start.

This concealer is a little bit more tricky than slap on and go and takes a bit of experimentation to get the application perfect - but when you do it isn't going anywhere fast and that;s a good thing!

I have found the best way to apply is under eyes while my skin is still slightly moist from moisturiser - using just a very small swipe with the wand under each eye (let's emphasize small as you don't need much of this at all - a little goes a very long way). The doe foot applicator doesn't bother me as its only me using it and always on clean skin. I like this best applied under foundation and let it set while I do my eye makeup. When its time to apply foundation its already firmly in place and buffing in liquid foundation does not effect it in anyway. I experimented using over liquid foundation but found it looked a bit cakey and could not get it to blend the same.

I'm NC15 and have this in 01 "Light" - its a great fit. (arm swatch above of Light) I can see this tube lasting eons as you don't need much at all and even though I have other very worthy concealers feel I probably would repurchase this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by pantalm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this product but I had to take it back.
I must say, it does stay in place as it says on the tin, without going into creases. However, it dried the area a lot and somehow the fact that product didn't go into creases but accumulated around them highlighted the creases even more and made them look very deep. A disaster. These are the natural creases under the eye, imagine if I had wrinkles!
Also, in the store where I went they did not stock the warm shades (I don't know why), so they gave me the "light", which is VERY pink and did not match my sallow skin-tone. It looked ok in the spotlight in the store but not in natural light.
Last but not least, it irritated the delicate under eye area.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Nutellamonster

This is the best concealer I've used! It is easy to apply, does a great job camouflaging my pimples, lasts forever, and matches my skin tone perfectly!! A little goes a long way and it isn't the slightest bit cakey!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by jlifeaddict

This is my holy grail concealer. I have it in light and light medium. A little product goes a long way. I have yet to finish the mini size but have already purchased the full size.

I use it to cover up any imperfections, from dark spots, acne spots or scarring. Works very well. On some days, I would not even use foundation except this concealer and still looks great!

It does not cause me to break out.

I use the applicator to spot it over what I want to cover then using my ring finger I gently pat it to blend it in to my skin.

It is not too heavy or sticky, very blendable and pleasant to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't remember if I already reviewed this product or not. But I'm so happy with it that, here goes, even if I've already done it once before! I bought it in Light-Medium, thinking it might be too yellow for my pinkish-fair skin, but it's nothing short of perfect. I put in on over my foundation and any darkness, circles, shadows, just vanish! Yes, it's expensive and I was more or less talked into it by a make-up artist at the Estee Lauder counter, but I'm so glad she convinced me. The only tiny flaw is that it's in a vial with a foam rubber pad at the end of the applicator. I wish it were in a small tube, but that's a minor thing.

I truly love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by jmpowell585

Fantastic product. I'm a big bargain shopper, but even with the $24 price tag, this is one of the best values in my makeup bag. I use it EVERY day on under eye/inner eye, and to cover moderate acne blemishes/scarring and I am still on the same tube purchased 23 months ago. It has not thickened or changed whatsoever, (yes I know it's away past it's shelf life and I'm a bad person for not tossing it but I'm trying to give you an accurate example!) My skin is dry/oily/fine lines awful, but this stuff hides everything and looks completely natural, and lasts all day. I do agree with the other reviewer, trick to applying it is to use a TINY amount and gently tap it in. You can go back and layer if needed, still never cakes or creases. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Was advised by the mua on estee lauder not to use foundation round the eye area, and to use this concealer instead. Definitely the right advice as my make up looks so much better. It actually does quite a good job of covering my hereditary dark circles from hell that NO other concealer has been able to do. Think this may be HG....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by DBelgium

This is a very good concealer. I have huge issues if it comes to under-eyes bags, dark circles etc. So I always test new products. This one is very cool - because it actually works. But only if I go through the following routine: after my whole moistorizing routine I do apply the concealer under my eyes, on my forehead between my eyebrows and right next to my nostrils. Just a few dots. Then I gently tap it into my skin and ..... leave it! Do not rub it in, do not try to force it into your skin. It will look like some paint that you applied. It will look artificial. But do not do anything! Be patient. Somehow it will sink in after half a minute or so. It will actually settle quite nicely without any further pressure applied.
Then comes the great moment when you apply your foundation (right now I am a big fan of the Shiseido Sheer and Perfect) and blend over the concealer. I apply it with my fingers, so no fancy brush or anything. And it works just fine. The two products work great together (Shiseido I use the B40 and for the concealer I have the 001 Light). My skin looks smooth and not really "made-up".
Just got the product but I guess it will last for ages.One needs only a tiny bit of the fluid.

During the day I rather use some powder to cover up, and in the evenings I might apply another bit of the foundation.

So, all in all a really nice product that I am happy to recommend.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by beccagolightly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

Now this may just be my HG concealer. Double wear and double wear light foundations don't colour match me exactly so aren't perfect for me, but this concealer matches my skin tone and lasts for ages. It also doesn't break or dry me out. It is expensive, but lasts for ages.