October 25, 2014 | 1745 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Natural Nail Base Coat

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Aiglon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this base coat for a long time now and I'm still very pleased with it. It's easy to spread and it dries in no time. The base coat itself is slightly pink but that doesn't really show up on my nails. Even when I'm not wearing any colours, I still use this base coat because it has a nice shine to it. I do have to say that sometimes my nails get a bit yellow, but only a little bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by paradoxia1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

When i first got this i loved it , but now almost a year later i figured out it causes ugly white marks on my nails , possibly because it adheres so hard to the nail that it causes the surface of the nail to chip off with the polish . I will be looking for another base coat that is compatible with my opi nail polishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

I've been using this base coat for over a year and it's still my favorite. It applies easily, smooth, dries fast, and has a tiny bit of a pink tone. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Manoojii

I am totally in love with this base coat! Dries super quick and adheres incredibly well with my polishes making the colour last longer. However there is one downfall to this product, my nails do get stained when i use darker nailpolishes. Boo! Other than that i really love this base coat

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by annawixom

This is really the only base coat I have used and it seems to work well. It dries super quick and is perfectly thick. I have no complaints. My nails still chip within 3 days usually so I wouldnt say this is a miracle product but it works well and prevents stained nails when using dark polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 5:12:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This prevents staining, it lasts a hell of a long time and I love the pink tinge. It dries incredibly fast and the colour adheres lovely. my god hg for sure

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by beachytabbyanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is wonderful to my nails. I got it in 2008 at Ulta with 4 other nail polishes. OPI is a brand of polish that ISN'T going to dry up after 3-4 years. This feels natural, it doesn't smell chemical-y like some base coats that are fast-drying or are more gimmicky in some senses. This is natural and is great if you like to keep a sheer base coat on your nails when you don't have polish on just to protect them so they won't break and will look shiny. The bottle got stuck because of the way the formula dries, the top got stuck and I couldn't get it open even with pliers for like a year and a half...but finally did by sitting the bottle in warm water to loosen up (grandma's idea, and a great one at that). Just make sure you don't drip polish down the outside of the top of the bottle. Great formula, fast drying, natural feeling, and also works for nail polish (though if you're afraid of yellowing you might want to get one specifically for preventing yellowing, or a thicker formula)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by oolm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's just that.. a basic base coat. My nails still got stained by a few greens/yellows. I've swopped to a sally hansen base coat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dries quick and glides on smooth. Def would repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Txfarrier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OPI has been my go-to brand for years, but this base coat just drives me nuts! My nails seem to chip more quickly, and once I remove the color my nails are yellowed in a way color alone has never done. I love OPI colors and their top coat, but something about this base just doesn't work with my nails.