April 16, 2014 | 1802 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - Smooth As Silk Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

I have thick, coarse hair, and I usually keep it shoulder length or mid back. When my hair gets wet it has a tendency to "scrunch" up and it's impossible to get a comb through until it's mostly dry. With Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner my hair is not only soft and shiny, it's also manageable and tangle free. I love it! The smell is wonderful too. The only thing I don't care for is the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Skybeam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm buying this product over and over. I have fine, curly hair and this helps detangle alot as I comb my hair only when wet while rinsing off the conditioner. The best conditioner I've ever tried since quitting products that contain nasty chemicals, together with their 50-50 balanced conditioner. 4 stars though, because I'm still exoerimenting with other brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by DD1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think for me this conditioner is too conditioning! Never thought I'd say this about a conditioner. I have fine, wavy, highlighted hair, kind of oily at the scalp and dry at the ends. Normally I wash my hair every day and wanted to keep doing that, so I found good SLS-free Giovanni shampoos. This conditioner made my hair so baby-soft I had a hard time styling it. Maybe that's a good thing (???) I'm just not used to it.
EDIT: After reading some other people's reviews, I'm going to try using this conditioner very sparingly, just as a detangler, either leave-in or rinse-out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

Really good conditioner when paired with the shampoo, and smells lovely. Detangles and leaves my hair soft and shiny. Love the cruelty free aspect of this brand and the packaging is really nice. Affordable, effective and socially conscious :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by jkangaroo

I have dry hair and I've been using this conditioner for more than two weeks now and I think it's great. It has a nice subtle citrus smell. I've never dyed my hair but it's been really dry this winter and some of my ends are downright brittle. This conditioner (used after the shampoo) has been repairing my hair over the weeks. It is a lot fuller and healthier than it was before I began using it. The conditioner doesn't weigh my hair down at all and I love the way my hair feels now. I think this product is $9 at Target and my bottles had $1.50 off coupons on them so I got $3 off my shampoo and conditioner. Not a lot but it was nice surprise (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to get a sulfate-free S&C after getting my hair highlighted recently. The Giovanni products had good reviews and were reasonably priced, so I decided to try smooth as silk. I am really pleased with it! The conditioner moisturized well without leaving my hair greasy or weighed down. I used it from where I would make a ponytail down to the ends (not on the roots/scalp). It made my hair feel soft and look very smooth, without being flat. It is a dense creamy texture and has a wonderful tangerine smell with hint of mint. Definitely recommend this, especially for those who color their hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkieNut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This has got to be one of the best conditioners I've ever used, def HG material. It's all natural and only $8, or $12.99 for the big 30oz bottle if you find it. That's a freakin steal, considering this stuff is so moisturizing. I don't understand how anyone could pay more for salon brands when you can just get this which works just as good, if not better!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by powersuit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

To begin, I will say that I absolutely love the shampoo! I've been using it a long time, and it is amazingly gentle and effective on over-processed hair! I finally decided to try the matching conditioner. In the bath, I was absolutely astounded and delighted at how it seemed to instantly detangle and turn my hair into ultra marshmallowy silk.. wow,right? then the disappointment started setting in once I rinsed it out. That super healthy soft feeling seemed to rinse out mostly with it! The healthy parts of my hair felt lovely when my hair was dry, but my damaged areas were dangerously brittle! I throw some kendi oil in my ends to keep them from breaking, and will have to continue doing so until this conditioner is used up. Pity. It feels like the most effective stuff I've ever used when it's sitting in my hair.. weird!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this as both a rinse out and a leave-in conditioner since it contains no cones or sulfates or anything and for me it worked best as a leave-in. I loved how it made my hair feel when I let it sit for a while then blow dried my hair out with it. This plus low heat and a tiny touch of coconut oil and you've got silk growing out of your scalp madam! The reason I wouldn't repurchase is because the moisturizing effect of this only lasts about 4 or 5 hours for me. Before the next morning my hair felt dry again. So unless I wash and condition my hair twice a day with this stuff, it's pretty much useless.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by smashboxsweetheart95

I love this conditioner!! I've only used it once but it immediately made my hair soft and extremely shiny! I'm very strict about only using natural, cruelty free products and I must admit sometimes they just don't work but this stuff is amazing, I can't wait to try other products from Giovanni