Nivea Skin Firming Lotion

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Octyldodecanol, Alcohol Denatured, Stearic Acid, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Myristyl Alcohol, Creatine, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, 1 Methylhydantoin 2 Imide, Methylparaben, Propylparaben GERMAN VERSION:Aqua, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Octyldodecanol, Alcohol Denat., Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Ubiquinone, Creatine, 1-Methylhydantoin-2-Imide, Dicaprylyl Ether, Myristyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Sodium Carbomer, Propylparaben, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Parfum.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I had a lot of luck with this lotion starting out - I noticed a difference in the appearance of my cellulite within about three weeks with regular use, and my skin was softer overall. Even though it has a thin consistency, it was enough to keep my skin well moisturized (at first). I even liked the smell, it's just a clean lotion smell that isn't too sweet or flowery, and it didn't compete with other fragrances I wore.

Unfortunately, prolonged use had side effects on my skin - namely, the thinner skin on my lower tummy and hips got dry and flaky, to the point where my skin was peeling and leaving little white flakes all over my clothes! I had been using the lotion for about five months at this point, and could not figure out what was causing the dryness; I initially attributed it to a bout of the flu I had, because I had gotten horribly dehydrated and couldn't shower for a week, much less put on moisturizer. It kept getting worse, though, and finally two months after I got sick I happened to find some reviews for this that mentioned the same symptom.

I stopped using it immediately, and after a few weeks my skin started to look normal again. I still have almost a full bottle left, so I might try it for shorter periods at a time, but definitely not to the degree I was before, and only on my upper thighs and butt.

on 7/19/2010 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i like it.
it definitly hydrates your skin and leave it with a pretty soft feeling, i used for my whole body :)
i don't really know about the firming part but it kinda of even out the skin so the cellulite is not so visible and that's a huge plus... oh and let's not forget the pump
i'm buying this again and again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this at Costco for $12.00 and I love it, I have been using it for about 3 months now. I use it everyday because my skin is really dry and i need moisturizers and lotions all the time. Anyway I love it because it keeps my skin looking beautiful and soft, compared to other moisturizers. I do not agree with the price, I think it should cost less. I would buy something cheaper, but nothing works better on my skin than this, besides Aveno face and body lotions.

on 6/9/2010 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This a great product for the price. I feel like it is working as a firmer. The great thing is, it smells nice, and feels nice! Some of the other firming lotions I have tried have not been to hot. They smell funny to me. But you can't ever go wrong with Nivea. Great quality, wonderful bargain, awesome lotion!

on 6/7/2010 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

The only reason I gave this lotion such a low rating is its scent. The scent actually started burning my nose and though I only put it on two arms, I just couldn't put it on the rest of my body.

If you can take the scent I thought the lotion was great. Instantly, my arms looked great...and that's no small feat on someone who is 53. I also have sensitive skin and found this lotion non-irritating.

I found the consistency fine and on my arms a little went a long way.

If the scent doesn't bother you...I'd high recommend it.

on 5/18/2010 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This lotion has a fresh, clean smell and is quite moisturizing. I have been using it everyday for a couple of weeks now and love how soft it leaves my legs. It takes a few minutes to sink in but isn't too greasy.

Sorry to say but I don't think this lotion firms much, at least for me. Unfortunately, companies make amazing claims and products typically fail to follow through. I don't have a lot of cellulite but enough to want to try out this lotion. I noticed that my legs do look nicer and smoother but no reduction in cellulite. Most of my cellulite is on my inner thighs and nope, no difference.

I'll continue to use this lotion because it's a good price and size, smells lovely, and I haven't found anything I like better. Just don't go to it for cellulite reduction!

on 4/26/2010 5:13:00 PM

I'm honestly obsessed with purchasing firming lotions...lately I've been working out alot, and I have this idea in my head that using firming lotions will give my legs more tone as well - i'm not too sure this is true, but I like to think I'm noticing a difference!!

This is my favourite firming lotion, actually, any lotion. I love the new pump/packaging, it's so updated and I find it doesn't clog :) The scent is so fresh and clean...and I love the thin consistency. You don't need to use too much, so I'm hoping this'll make the bottle last a while! There's absolutely no greasy feeling left over afterwards either..it absorbs so nicely.

Comparable to Olay's firming lotion...I like this one better, it seems more "grown up" and the fact that it says "scientifically proven" on the label makes me feel pretty reassured!

on 4/17/2010 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I used this until I finished it....BUT....I couldn't see a difference in firmness. It's very watery, and the smell was not exactly enjoyable for me (I couldn't even tell you what it smelled like, to be honest), but it absorbed into my skin very well (compared to the other Nivea lotions I use). I basically bought this because my friend swore her skin was "so much firmer" after using this, but I honestly don't see ANY difference (on her or myself).

on 3/26/2010 4:24:00 PM

Like the reviewer before me, I bought this at Costco a few days ago for about $12. However, I used it only twice and had to return it since the smell was so strong! If you are at all sensitive to smells, I definitely recommend smelling this before you purchase it. I can usually handle fairly strong smells, but this one was incredibly strong -- and icky! Usually the scent of most lotions will also dissipate after the lotion sinks in, but this one lasted for about six hours, and interfered with my perfume.

Since I only used it twice, I can't speak to its skin-tightening abilities. I really did like how light-feeling it was, and it also adds a nice glean to your skin. If you don't mind the smell, it seems like a nice lotion, but just be warned that it may be too strong! Luckily, Costco has a great return policy, and I returned it two days later, even though it was used.

on 3/20/2010 10:40:00 PM

I got this at Costco, and it is a HUGE size, like 33oz. I really like the texture and smell of this. I havent used it long enough to see the firming results, but in general for a lotion, this stuff is great! I also had a coupon for $4 off of this, so the price was definitely right. :) Im sure it will take me a while to use this bottle up, but I think I will be repurchasing when I run out. It is very nice.

If you want this, buy it at Costco! 1,000ml for about $12 regular price, and I got mine for less than $10 with a coupon!