November 22, 2014 | 1014 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Neutral Set translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS. Best powder ever, its like the dupe for mac prep and prime translucent powder, its super cheap and i use this everyday, i love how it doesn't make me look ghostly or pale no matter how much u apply,keeps my face matte except my T zone, but still love it, it is SO SHEER and DOES NOT ADD ANY COVERAGE AT ALL which i love so much because i hate how powders add coverage to your face especially the colored ones like regular face powders, this is so inexpensive and i'm already on my second bottle of this! and i love how the packaging is a shake bottle so you can dispense out as much as you need and the thing about this powder that is great is you can apply a lot and it will never look cakey at all, its basically what it says, translucent powder, i'm already on my second bottle of this and i love it so much! got mine off makeupmania.com !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

Magnificent face powder. I suffer from very oily skin around the T-Zone and this is the only powder I've found to keep it at bay all day long. I love the fact it's both theatrical grade (the special formula controls perspiration making it perfect for high energy performers such as clowns and dancers) and completely colourless. Works far better than MAC 'Studio Fix' Powder ever did and is a good 10 cheaper too! I have the 2oz (49gm) bottle and after 2 months of everyday usage I estimate that I have 98% of powder left, so it's superb value for money. It NEVER cakes on my skin either, I apply it with a damp beauty blender and really buff it into my skin. I imagine it would be perfect for hot, tropical holidays to combat scorching heat and humidity.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by plmcdreamy

Best powder ever. And I don't really like powder. It just seems to mess up the work already done, in my opinion. No oxidizing of any kind, no caking, no making the foundation you just so beautifully applied look more like "makeup." This powder is a go to for many makeup artists. It's very inexpensive, the translucent powder works on everyone, it sets the makeup beautifully, and photographs well. I hardly even use any other powder on myself or clients unless I need to for effect. Two thumbs up and I will continue to repurchase this time and time again, but it's not necessary very often because it lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by rosenkreutz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great! I love the brand Ben Nye. I have had this product for over a year now and have just used over half the bottle (3 oz bottle). I apply this after I have finished all my makeup, generally just in the t-zone where I get oily. However, sometimes if I have over applied a bit with blush and my blush does look a bit too dark, I go over the blush with this and it softens the colour. Even with this powder on top, I still do get oily however - that's when I wear sunscreen underneath all my makeup (explainable) and only later in the day. Sometimes you can get too much product coming out of the bottle so, to overcome this - put tape over all the holes besides two. Now, only a little bit of product comes out and too much product coming out will rarely be an issue. I am very satisfied with this product and will definitely purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by klprice1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. I combine this and the Banana shade, and the result is beautiful. I've tried 100's of powders, and this is the only one that looks absolutely natural and also has staying power. I mean, REAL staying power. and it DOES. NOT. CAKE. HG Loose Powder for sure.

Also, it's super cheap compared to other powders, especially ones as finely milled and high quality.

Oh, and it doesn't break me out at all. My skin has been well-behaved with it, and it'll react to anything if it has a single pore-clogging ingredient in it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love love love the Neutral Set powder! It works well at setting makeup, and the price is right. I saved an old powder compact, so I shake a little powder into it and brush all over my face once I'm done with my makeup. I will continue to buy this over and over.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Yeppers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best powder ever! Sets my concealer /or foundation like a dream. The powder is soo fine milled that no matter how much you reapply it throughout the day it will still look matte without looking cakey. Ladies the hunt for the perfect setting powder is done. This is the holy grail for me and many others :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Beats the high-end powders for those times when you need your powder to perform like a workhorse but still look natural. I recently discovered Graftobian Creme Foundation, and while I try to go without powder whenever possible, this particular foundation needs it - especially in Miami. Not only did this set my creme foundation in place throughout long, humid days, but it actually kept my face shine-free. You don't understand - I usually have an oil-slick beading up on the middle of my face by noon. I checked on my makeup around my lunch break, at which time I'd usually blot my face and do some touching up, but no! The oilies had not overtaken the makeup in my t-zone for once - even on top of creme foundation! Previously, I had been using MUFE HD powder. While I still think the MUFE HD powder is great, there's no contest when it comes to oil control. Ben Nye is definitely my preference for this task. I do think the packaging leaves something to be desired, but I'll take it for the incredible value. And while I was initially alarmed when I saw the texture was like baby powder, it morphed into a light fairy dust as soon as it was applied - entirely comparable to my beloved MUFE HD powder. The Ben Nye powder melted into my skin with very little coaxing: I used a large powder brush to dust it across my face and press it into my t-zone, then I followed with a dampened makeup wedge to banish the look of powder, however slight.
UPDATE: Taking off a lippie because I just tried Ben Nye Banana Powder. WOW!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, this powder is fantastic. I was loving a sample of Tarte Amazonian Clay Smooth Operator, but not the price. Did a little research here, and came up with this gem, and bought a bottle on eBay for $8 total. What a find!! It's finely milled, keeps my shiny t-zone at bay for hours, and has such a great finish. Love, love, love, love.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love it. Can't live without it. Mattifying, non-cakey, blocks sweat, sets concealer, feels soothing and cool on the skin, ... contains aluminium (inhaling aluminium and/or getting it in your eyes, absorbing it through pores is extremely bad for health). :'( Neutral Set seriously impressed me with its wear, ease of use, no nonsense packaging, and beautiful finish. I went back to high end cosmetics in search of something that would work without the antiperspirant and haven't found anything that comes close to this simple powder. Back to the theatrical supply shop for me. Next up is Ben Nye's Cameo visage poudre, hopefully it works just as well in the summer months.

Edit: I found something better! Tarte's poreless powder, it lasts longer and mattifies better. Only downside so far is that it's made in China and CRAZY expensive for powder.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No