Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder

Talc, parfum

on 5/14/2013 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Besides for using this on my kids when they were little,I have used this as a dry shampoo and it works like a charm!!!

I love the scent too!

on 5/14/2013 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Most MUAers don't know who Way Bandy was but Google him and you will find that he was THE go-to make-up artist of the 60's and 70's and early 80's until we lost him to AIDS. He was one of the - if not THE first - to promote using oils to cleanse your face, using natural products whenever possible (there were no truly organic color cosmetics back then that were widely available) and he used baby powder as a setting powder. I came across his two books from the 70's where he offers up a number of fantastic make-up designs that stand the test of time. I went along with the color and formula options (with fantastic results BTW) but hesitated when it came to using the baby powder as a setting powder. Then I thought, "Why not? He's right about everything else!"

It's FANTASTIC! I've used dozens of powders over the years including professional HD powders and this gives me the results I want! No oiliness, soft skin, lasting color.

Try it! I swear you'll get hooked. Then find Way's books on Amazon.

You're welcome!

The best powder ever!

on 4/2/2013 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I'm 52 and this has been, for the most part, my go-to setting powder since I was in my 20's. I've tried mattifying powders, rice powders, HE loose and pressed powders, DS loose and pressed powders, and for my extremely oily skin, this works best for me. I have a plastic container with a screw-on lid that I squeeze powder into. Not a sifter, but what is basically a Rubbermaid-type container in which you'd carry salad dressing for lunch. I apply the powder with an Eco Tools retractable kabuki. I dip the edges of the bristles into the powder, then press and swirl the brush in the container's lid to work the powder into the brush. Those of you who use BM know what I'm talking about. My skin coloring is NW 20-25 and I'm fair with lots of pink in my skin. After applying my foundation (or TM or BB cream), I set it with baby powder, and I make sure to include my eyelids. After applying my blush, I blend it with a bit of powder, swirling the brush. I end up with a matte face without added coverage or color. I'm too old for colored face powders that do nothing but sink into lines and highlight everything that needs to be hidden. Baby powder does the trick. I use regular baby powder - not cornstarch baby powder. I learned the hard way that once I sweat and/or my face gets oily, the cornstarch version collects in squint/smile lines and wrinkles and creates silvery lines on my face. THAT I do not need!

on 2/1/2013 11:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this for 13 years since i was a baby haha :D i never replaced it with any other brands because this is just the best. Here are some of my experience with this product after a long time >>>>
1. My everyday favorite deodorant! Absorbs sweat and keeps my armpit dry for a longtime ;) my mom suggested me to use this instead of anti persiprant deodorants.
2. When i dont have time (actually im lazy) to wash my hair, this thing solves my problem. I have wavy black hair,and my problem is when my hair gets oily, its too visible for everyone to see my hair. I use this as a dry shampoo and my hair is ready!
3. I dab some onto my face and neck to get brighter complexion, although i am light skinned. Also helps mattify my makeup!
4. Calms my skin after sports and bathtimes ;)
My favorites are :
1. coolng powder with Honeysuckle extract : it doesnt make me skin feel cool, but the scent is refreshing :D
2. Pink Blossoms : i love this scent, calming soft florals.
3. Nourishing with milk :This one wont clash my perfumes, since its very soft scented.
I will always repurchase these baby powders :D

on 1/29/2013 8:05:00 PM

I have bought so many powders throughout the years, from high-end to drugstore, and i am amazed at how much i love this product as a face powder. First off, i use products with Talc in them and i do not break out, so i was not afraid of this breaking me out and it has not (i have the scented version). It is so oil absorbing and i have very oily skin! I like applying this with a powder puff? I press it onto my forehead, chin, and nose and under the eyes for fall out.

I also use this as dry shampoo and it is great! Never used a better one.

on 1/16/2013 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

By far THE best dry shampoo I've used. I've used the Batiste and Tresemme dry shampoos as well as a few others and this is the only one that absorbs the oil really well and gives my hair some much needed oomph!

The way I apply it is to sprinkle a small amount onto a hairbrush and simply comb through your hair - this ensures that you don't put too much on and end up with white coloured hair!

on 1/16/2013 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

BUY THIS!

Uses:
1. Dry Shampoo
2. Deodorant
3. Under Foundation
4. Layer it with mascara (I've never done this for the fear of it ruining my contacts)

I have been searching for a good dry shampoo, that doesn't break the bank being a student. I've tried almost everything, and nothing has worked. One day I woke up and really did not feel like spending an hour redoing my hair. I picked this up and sprinkled a little in my roots, rubbed it in and POOF! I took away the oil (all day), added some volume, and the smell was refreshing but not too strong.
I also use this as a Deodorant when I get out of the shower. I have very sensitive armpits and this doesn't make my skin react at all!

on 12/31/2012 11:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Not only is this great to use on skin to keep you dry, but it also works just like a dry shampoo for your hair! If you don't have time to wash your hair, just sprinkle some in your hair and brush it through. Works very well and leaves you hair with a nice, subtle scent.

on 12/22/2012 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

How I use:
My skin is oily, acneic. I LOVE using cornstarch based baby powder. I seem to have a hard time finding fragrance free but that just might be a bad coincidence. My skin is dark, too, and I don't have a problem using it as a finishing powder. I sprinkle some into my hand, dip a finishing brush with the dual fibers, shake out as much as I can, then gently sweep all over. Works great to keep oils at bay better than any loose powder I've tried. And I've not found it breaks me out.
Also use to take out oils at the scalp: just a small amount rubbed into the hands and then massaged into the scalp. Works great.

Top Rated Johnson & Johnson Products