August 1, 2014 | 1077 users online

Powders - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by beautyfix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After readng reviews i've just used the aloe and vit E variation of the cornstarch baby powder and am delighted.

Pros: compared to Becca Pressed Powder & Laura Mercier Universal Setting Powder, it's much better than the Mercier and equal to the Becca.
Pale women - at last, a powder which doesn't add colour, especially if one only uses powder on one's nose, one can do without a tint, this doesn't whiten my very pale skin or change the colour.
Pores disappear.
Matte effect lasts for hours.
Costs �6 to import into UK but cheap at the price, especially for the amount.
Cons: Application, one needs to play around with powder puffs and kabuki brushes to find best how to apply for loveliest effect.
On bare skin I find it looks loveliest, and allows the skin to glow and show a natural lustre without looking greasy. On top of a sunblock with concealer applied on top of that, it can look thick, have yet to experiment to see how to overcome this.
UPDATE:
I've come to the conclusion that this makes servicable face powder for dark winter months. I'm now using Eshiko Ultra HD Powder and it is such an improvement from all my other face powders, Laura Mercier and Becca included - it doesn't give an aged appearance to the skin, doesn't dry the skin, that am sticking to it for now.
Overall: Definitely worth buying and trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by playmate420

GREAT overall product!

use it as a dry shampoo to soak up oilyness in hair
use on rashes
light fresh smell
blocks sweat
makes skin soft when applying over a lotion
oh yeah! and for babies too! use on babies butts

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great product with many uses. I use it as a hair volumizer/dry shampoo and face powder. I've tried using it as deodorant, and it's pretty good, but it's too messy, and Milk of Magnesia works much better for me. It volumizes my hair and makes it look better on days when I don't wash my hair (every other day). It's also great at setting my foundation. I feel like it's finer than cornstarch. Except for the link to cancer, this product is great! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

A million times YES.

I know the correlation of Talc to Cancer. There are far too many things in this world that we have surrounded ourselves with that will cause cancer, and health issues. We will eventually die from something. We cannot live forever.

That being said. I have sensitive skin. I am fair skinned (nc/nw 10-15. In my notes I speak very detailed about my skin type. Talc is surprisingly one thing that hasn't shown to further irritate my skin. Wear it, or don't wear it, ( I am referring to on my face only here) my skin shows no difference in congestion or my other skin issues.

I have tried different things to set my makeup. I have tried all natural (which talc is a mineral and by that technicality is all natural). I have tried silk powder, Silica powder, I have tried corn starch and other starches. They all either made my skin too dry or broke me out.

This has been the best powder I have used on my face thus far. It sets my makeup, does not dry out my skin, it doesn't break me out, and it does not make my makeup look cakey not even one bit. BEST part, I can get 22ounces of it for a $1.77 at my local target.

Now, if I could only get my money back on the silica and silk powders I have spent WAY too much money on.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I generally don't buy Johnson's due to the fact I can get generic baby powder at the dollar store for a dollar (as long as the ingredients are talc and fragrance and nothing else we are good) I use it as setting powder. Nothing works or looks as good on my oily skin as baby powder. It can look to white on application if applied to heavily but it does "set up" and look natural. I use it over Revlon Colorstay and my face stays perfect all day and never looks cakey or over makeup-y. I also use it for regular uses like dusting my body or in shoes and in a pinch it can work as carpet refresher. Sprinkle on carpets let set for as long as you'd like up to overnight and then vacuum. Good for smelly dogs, sprinkle some on them and work into their coat. Can be used as dry shampoo also, although I have never done that.The whole "talc=cancer" thing has been disproven so I have no problem using it. On a side note the cornstatch version is not as good for setting powder, especially on oily skin because the cornstarch (since it is food based) mixes with facial oils and can cause breakouts

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by VioletAutumn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This stuff is awesome :D , i am addicted to the smell and it's great to put on your legs and under arms after you dry after a shower.. it's always been a must have in my bathroom. it's also so silky to the touch i use to blow some in the air as a kid :P i still do it sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Baby Powder has oh so many uses! I received several tubs in gift baskets while pregnant w/ baby #2 four years ago & I still have those same tubs lol - I never needed to use any baby powder w/either of my children, but I read somewhere long ago about how it's good for freshening shoes, clothes, etc. So I used religiously in all of our shoes :) Then more recently, I started experimenting w/all these new dry shampoo's that are hitting the market - I then realized that baby powder could probably do just as good of a job, and I was right :) I'm not even wasting my cash on dry shampoos now, there's no need to - I don't suggest dumping the baby powder onto your scalp, #1 way too much will prob.spill out, and #2 when applied directly like that, it can often times leave a "white"mark - so I just pour a little in the palms of my hands & run through my hair &Viola! Perfect!! ;D Then, I was reading product reviews here, and saw a post below from someone who uses baby powder for the look of "false lashes"... I didn't have high hopes but gave it a try anyway, and it ACTUALLY works!! (See review below for application technique) &Lastly, can be used as a m/u setting powder. Heck, there may even be more uses than this, I just haven't found them yet Lol, but for THIS many uses, along with price & availability, this powder is golden :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by suzan88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is actually for the generic target cornstarch w/aloe and vitamin e, this stuff is AMAZING for a setting powder!!!! I've never used anything better, my makeup doesn't budge, no settling in creases or wrinkles and it lasts!! I've been using this for about a week or so and can't believe how good it works! I normally have to blot a few times during the day, and have makeup settle in fine lines, but not with this, it really does what all the other face powders claim they do. I use Merle Norman Powder Base then dab this on w/ the ELF studio complexion(?) brush and then buff it in. I cut the grass today in 85 degree heat and although I was dripping wet, my face still looked amazing! Can't reccomend this enough, plus its also incredibly nice for its original intent, especially on these extremely hot summer days!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by DollyMac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Baby Powder is used for multiples of things! They're mainly used for babies just because of the name. But I use this to set my powder as a substitution and this will always be my best friend when I need something ;p haha

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Susan2148

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is and always has been a great setting powder for me. As far as talc concerns go, I don't worry about it. I worry more about what's in the outside air I breathe than I do about talc. Anyway, I use this a lot in the summer after applying my base (whether it's BM, a TM, BB cream or Colorstay). I keep a small Rubbermaid container of it in my makeup box and use an Ecotools retractable kabuki brush to apply it. I don't just brush it on, I buff it in. I make sure to apply to my eyelids after primer and before my eye shadow. I'm an NW25, and it doesn't make me look pale or ashy. There are other powders I'll use from time to time, mainly rice powder and an LM setting powder, but I still go back to baby powder. I've tried the baby powder with cornstarch, but when I got hot and sweaty, it settles into lines and looks silvery. This is one of those dirt-cheap, multi-purpose products I always have on hand.