December 21, 2014 | 1609 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Vanilla Lace EDT

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for awhile and its my favorite perfume. Im not a fan of overpowering perfumes. Vanilla is also my favorite scent! I dont think it fades away really fast because I have had friends comment on it after I put it on many hours earlier. It is just perfect between being too light and too strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Mbryan766

I hated this fragrance at first. But then I tryed it on my skin.. The body butter lasted FOR HOURS and was so intoxicatingly sexy and beautiful.. This is my second favorite scent of all time, my first is dolce & gabbana light blue. I prefer feminine, light fragrances.. And this is deffinately it. I haven't bought it because I'm afraid I'll stop using every other fragrance I own! I have tons of VS sprays and such and this one is my all time favorite. It's a modern sexy vanilla, like vanilla extract with cigars. Sexy cigars. LOL. I used to think it smelled like burning plastic, but it doesn't on the skin. Try it out

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by shoshana25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i had a supervisor that use to wear VL by VS and i just loved when she came around...well I've always loved to smell vanilla on people, it smells so damn good. I smelt vanilla lace on a lady yesterday and it just reminded me of how much i love VS' vanilla scent. It's such an upclose scent, you will not feel worried that other ppl are suffocating becuz of you which is great. I bought the EDT, splash, and the body lotion, and where them all at once. This thing is sooo long lating, i smell it on me even the next day which is awesome, cant get that effect even with the most expensive perfumes out there. Can't wait to wear it to work tomorrow to see if i get any compliments/opinions. I'll keep you guys up-to-date
UPDATE: So today i wore my vanilla lace today and one of my co-workers ask me what i was wearing and i told her that it was VS' Vanilla lace (she never heard of it). Everytime that i went by her she would say, "Your fragrance is so light but it's definintely there." That's the effect of this edt and splash and lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by gina01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I keep this little bottle in my purse but i barely even use it during the day. I have the big body spray which i use in the mornings and it keeps me smelling of sweet vanilla all day. Most of the times when people compliment me on scent its for my body spray, everyone seems to love it. Best part is Lesenza always does sales on these so i often grab a couple of bottles at a time along with some lotion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I have a bottle of this fragrance in the older formula. I have yet to smell the new one, and I don't think I will. I don't do vanilla very often, but this one is very good. It's a good, true vanilla that is not too strong or sweet, but with hints of other things that are bit flowery, a bit musky. It lasts pretty well, and I when I'm hungry, sniffing this is not a good idea.

Edit: I actually spritzed some on today, and it didn't smell as nice as it used to. Either my body chemistry changed, or the bottle is off. It actually smelled fine when I sprayed it onto paper to sample again, just as I remembered it, but it didn't quite smell as right on my skin.

Edit 5/11: I tried this recently again, and maybe my body chemistry was off earlier. This actually smells quite nice on me now, a vanilla with a bit of floral kick. I added a lippie.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get the hype.I love vanilla but this smells like chemicals burning plastic.Makes me vomit a little just thinking about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh my! One spritz of this fragrance and I am sniffing my wrist all day with a sort of goofy smile on my face. I have to save this perfume to wear on days when I don't mind looking like an idiot :)

Seriously though, this perfume is so yummy. It smells like real cooking vanilla except more sugary-sweet. One of my faves <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by apbunz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

holy heavenly redolence.

I gravitate towards vanilla and candy floss notes and vanilla lace has always been a favorite of mine - VS or otherwise. I love both the old formula and the new one. The new one is not quite as amber-y as the old one has only a bit of vanilla, but a lot of cream soda, and marshmallow which I love love love. I was on a niche perfume kick and ordered sample sets from the perfumed court and though those vanillas were nice I still ended up coming back to VL. it's a very comforting scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

All I can smell with this fragrance is the vanilla. Sweet simple vanilla. It is very long lasting on me and is so mild it is not going to offend anyone. I can even spritz this on my skin before bed it is so soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Nirhtuc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Being a big vanilla fan, I decided to buy two 1oz bottles of Vanilla Lace from eBay (since it's not available where I live). I sprayed it on and it smelled of chemicals and alcohol straightaway. Then it got a bit strange...

One of the most recent reviewers said that VS must have changed the formula of this perfume, and I agree. Most of the earlier reviewers said that they could not really smell the other notes in the perfume (amber, orchid, musk). Well, after spraying this on, it smelled like equal parts Dessert Beauty's Cupcake (i.e. typical vanilla/foody scent) and Jovan White Musk. Certainly not unpleasant, but a very discordant mix, in my opinion. The drydown let the vanilla note take over and this made me wish that it smelled more like THAT the whole way through!

Maybe this smells different to everyone- my sister thinks it smells like cocoa butter and chocolate. I personally feel that the dominant white musk note sort of interfered with making this perfume a true vanilla. So the second time I wore the perfume, I layered it with a bit of Body Shop's Brazil Nut Body Whip and managed to quieten down the musk a little! Someone here said that people seem friendlier and warmer when she wore Vanilla Lace and this happened to me too!

I probably will not repurchase since I'm going to try a custom-made (old-school!) Body Shop Vanilla-type perfume oil and I bought two bottles of Vanilla Lace anyway. All in all, a nice perfume, but the MUSK.... no no no!

Pros: OK/good lasting power, nice vanilla note and drydown, makes people happy to smell it

Cons: the (new?) formula (floral-foody clash), not all that cheap if it's not available where you live and you have to purchase online