October 25, 2014 | 1522 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by chokoanna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this beauty bar! I have acne-prone and oily skin. I don't know if it's because I'm using this beauty bar or because I began to use the origins ginzing series, but my skin is so soft!! A lot of the bumps on my forehead is gone and I haven't had any bad breakouts yet. This isn't a miracle cure, and it won't give me perfect skin, but so far I am loving this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

The best drugstore buy. I have dry skin (face/body) plus bouts of eczema during the season changes. This soap is the only cleanser that helps keep my skin feeling soft and comfortable. A staple product for me. I like sticking with natural/ organic products in general but, those type of soaps tend to be extremely irritating/ drying on me personally. I use the dove bar on my body and face with no problems at all. Plus, it smells so pretty and clean, and will leave your bathroom smelling the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by murchelle

Okay, so when I was younger I always had horrible skin. A few people and a doctor told me that using the "plain white dove soap bar" would really clear up my skin, but I was stubborn and instead stuck with trying out a new face wash every month because none of them ever worked for me. My skin remained oily and the breakouts were often.

So, I don't know what it was that changed my mind but I finally gave in and bought a bar of this soap last night and used it in the shower when I got home. The smell is a little "old lady-ish," but it wasn't horrible. After washing my skin felt a little bit tight but nowhere near as bad as when I washed with just regular liquid face wash. I put on a little bit of moisturizer and went to bed. When I woke up this morning, I went to the bathroom to see my results; my skin looked amazing! My pores looked noticeably smaller, my skin felt soft and smoother than the night before, it wasn't red like it normally is, it was glowing, and it almost looked like I had put foundation on already. I was ecstatic.

I will continue to use this soap on my face until I see a reason not to!

9 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by BballinQT24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Dove soap! It smells good and is gentle on my very dry skin. There are some things I will buy generic, but definitely not this as the generics never compare to the original.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by clasp

Love this soap bar

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by erynkryseldeleon

Most amazing soap for my sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. I try other cleansers and always come back to this when my skin starts breaking out. Instantly, after I use it, my skin starts healing, and in a few days, it'll be a lot clearer and smoother than it was. Works well for all parts of the body - even female special parts. I also tried Olay cream bars, and even though I love the smell of their age defying variety, I break out like a teenager when u use those! Not with Dove. Dove soothes my skin, removes dirt and make up. Contrary to what people say here, it does leave a residue. That's the only way it'll keep skin moisturized after being rinsed off. But the good thing is, the residue is calming to my skin. Like a protective layer from the heat and dry winds of California. For those who have sensitive and oily skin, please do give it a try. It just might be the best decision you'll ever make for your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by yatnil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

The Dove Beauty Bar is my go-to facial cleanser. I started using this a few years ago when I was frustrated with my usual cleanser and received a recommendation for this product. I'm so glad I started. It's a simple, no-frills type cleanser but does the job (and does it well). My skin is relatively easy. Hormonal breakouts occasionally, somewhat sensitive, and dry. Other than that, no real issues.

This bar gets rid of all my makeup and doesn't leave my skin feeling too tight (although, I do continue to use moisturizer). At $2 a bar, I usually have several in my bathroom because they're so cheap and they last a long time! The smell is isn't offensive.. just a normal, light soap smell. The only (sort-of) downside is that it can "melt" if you leave it in a soap dish. I have a shower rack (for all my beauty products) and there is a space specifically for a bar soap. It keeps the soap dry when not in use and makes it easy to clean.

I'm a product junkie and have tried to stray several times but I keep coming back to my Dove Beauty Bar. It's cheap and works better than many high end brands! Definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by girlygirl8705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this soap. When it is on sale, I stock pile. We use it in the shower and for hand soap. The only downside to using it as a hand soap is that you have to get some kind of soap-saver thing for a dish. Otherwise it can start to "melt" a little in any water left in a soap dish. But I will literally never used anything else again for hand soap or bath soap. It is so much more moisturizing than any other thing I have used in the past. It has helped tremendously with my hand eczema and my husband's propensity towards breaking out in rashes in the winter. Great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Ruby2003

I have been using Dove with an Olay face brush, and my skin looks great. Smooth, soft, clear. I have used this soap as a body wash for years but started using as a facial soap when I ran out of cleanser and nothing has been so simple and effective. I can't believe I have been wasting $$ on other products for years. I always have a stock of these on hand. I buy in bulk at Costco, cheap cheap cheap and super effective. My face has never looked so good.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by hilarybeauty55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You know, I never thought much about this soap through out my 20 years of life. My mother used this on my brother and I all through our childhood and I still find myself buying it to this day. I have tried all kinds of cleansing products, both expensive and non-expensive. This soap works the BEST for all uses, including cleaning my makeup brushes and lady bits. The best part about this soap, though, is that it does not cause my acne-prone skin to break out. It's a life saver!! Thanks Dove!