Rusk Sensories Smoother Leave-in Conditioner

4.2

on 1/18/2010 2:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I used this for awhile then realized about half way through the bottle it didn't really do much. Garnier leave in or mane n tail work just as well for a fration of the price.

on 12/17/2009 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I really like this stuff. I use this when my hair is damp. I noticed it works better when I use less product than a huge amount. It's moisturizing and it keeps my hair smooth. The smell is amazinggggg. I find this inexpensive because it lasts forever. I'll be repurchasing.

on 11/10/2009 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product almost two years ago when my hair was shorter and curlier; I used it per instructions but was not overly impressed with the results. 6 months ago I had my first child and truly, my hair texture has changed from fine curly to fine wavy. My "curls" are much looser and more wavy, and the length is longer than before - down to the middle of my back. I took the Rusk bottle off the shelf & decided to give it another whirl for the fun of it and I LOVE IT!! Last night I washed my hair with JASON Thin to Thick shampoo and JASON Biotin conditioner, towel-patted my hair and added a small pea-size amount of RUSK Smoother leave-in conditioner and let my hair air-dry before pulling it up in a loose bun for bedtime. This morning I woke up to beautiful soft shiny frizz-free waves, and the weather is rainy and muggy today!! I can run my fingers through my hair and finger style for touch-ups thru the day. Fabulous product, I'm glad I decided to re-try it.

on 10/14/2009 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I used this for about 2 months

PROS: Smelled really good and is light weight

CONS: Didn't do anything for my relaxed 4C hair, didn't help with detangling either

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Amazing conditioner on my fine, dry, over processed hair. Leaves my hair smooth and healthy looking and isn't heavy at all. Would like to try their leave-in colour protecting conditioning spray too.

on 8/11/2009 12:01:00 AM

I really want to like this product. It's the first leave-in that actually calms my hair after I shampoo and condition it, and right before I blow dry it. I am careful not to use too much - only a dime size amount. Still, the buildup is pretty noticeable. I can feel it when the shower water first hits my hair in the morning. I worry that the product isn't washing properly out of my hair and I really can't use a clarifier because I have colored hair (red) that fades quickly.

Since I get my hair colored every 4 weeks, this is a concern. I once tried a cheap brand of shampoo that coated my hair with a silicone-like feel, and my color didn't turn out right. My stylist claims that she thinks she didn't mix the proper color, but I wondered if it was due to the buildup from the shampoo I had used. I have the same worry with this stuff. And, if the color doesn't come out right, it means an extra 1.5 hours at the salon AND more damage to my hair because color has to be taken out and added back. I'm not willing to take that risk again. Today I purchased 2 other products that I read reviews of here, and will post reviews once I've had a chance to use them for awhile.

on 7/19/2008 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is the best leave in conditioner for my thick, dry, chemically processed hair. I use this after every wash, without it there is no way I can detangle my hair before blow drying it. It moisturizes my hair really well and make it feel really soft.

on 6/24/2008 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a very good conditioner. I use Chi Nourish Silk shampoo, and then use this leave in conditioner. It leaves my hair very soft. I apply it after towel drying my hair. very good

on 4/15/2008 4:51:00 PM

I've been using this product for 5 years, I don't use it everyday, I do use a lot of Bumble and Bumble products...but I always keep a bottle of this around. It's light and moisturizing, great for letting your hair air dry too...I think Rusk products are underrated.

on 7/8/2007 1:05:00 AM

I don't care what anyone else has to say, but this product works for me! I have been using it for two years, after on and off highlighting and not to mention recently the Japanese permanent straightening technique and my hair is fine! It adds a little moisture and softness to my hair after wash, so when it dries, it's perfectly smooth and healthy. I think this really enhances all my other products I use along with it...I love it!!

Top Rated Rusk Products