July 31, 2014 | 1332 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Kmarji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mac's 219 brush is simply amazing. It is so easy to work with and is great for creating a well defined "outer-v and lining the lower lash line. Picks up product very easily and spreads it like a dream.

One of my favorite brushes!

Oh, and it doesn't shed AT ALL!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by stls

At first I loved this brush but after a year...not so much.
Let me explain: I find 219 quite scratching, for smudging eyeliner I prefer sponge brushes and for lining the eyes slanted brushes. So... what's the use for this one? I only use it to darken the outer corners sometimes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! It's dense without being too hard and I love using it to smudge out my eyeliner!! This brush is perfect for smudging out eyeliner, creating a liner with eyeshadow or just using it to draw a precise crease line. Def would repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by juicy415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this brush is whatever, you can always find something cheaper for the same results. i wouldnt invest so much money on an eye brush where i can find the same one at the drugstore. swapped away

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by thisisntoriginal

I wanted a good brush for smudging and crease blending.

This brush was coarse, scratched my skin, and shed like you would not believe.

I had to return it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by mwtai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I feel like I'm missing something. Everyone loves this brush but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I personally found the 219 to be far too big but that's an issue with my eyes ( I don't have alot of lid space ).

The other thing I didn't like was that the hairs are quite hard and they scratch! A fair bit of product I picked up with the brush also seem to fall off for this same reason.

If you don't have a lot of lid space/big eyes, go for a smaller brush. I replaced the 219 with the Laura Mercier smudge brush which works so much better for me as it allows more control and is so so soft!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I rarely use this brush, but when I do, it does the job quite well. I mostly use it for densely packing color on my lid or for creating the first gradiant in a smoky eye, and it works. It fits really well on my lid too, which makes for a fairly easy application. Always a good thing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good brush, and I am just beginning to appreciate it more. I didn't use it too much when I first picked it up, but have tried it again recently, and find it has a very specific use: applying color in the crease (which then will have to be diffused out with a blending brush) or applying color along the last line (although there are other brushes I like better for that - namely MAC 214 short shader brush - this is a great little brush - see separate review). Even though it has such a single limited specific purpose, it does it so well that I think it's worth picking up if you ever found you have a tough time with limiting color to the crease (I find most brushes are too big to do this job well or easily). And yes, you still need another brush to finish the job. But it does such a nice job of controlling how much color is applied and where. While some brushes would be nice in duplicate (blending brush, etc) I'm okay with having only one of these. I would perhaps play with it at the MAC counter or in a MAC store, but I think many people would really like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by giiorgia89

Hi girlz... I m italian.. And if I do errors.. I'm sorry. anyway.. I have only one brush from Mac.. and it's 219!!.. It's definitly amazing.. and after more of one year of utilization is impeccable!!.. It'very compact. And I use it for blend smolder pencil (every day)... and to do darker zone in the crease...!!.. If you need a pencil brush.. I reccomend this one here!! bye kiss from italy...

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush changed by makeup life. It is so easy to work with while working in the crease, outer v, or lash lines. Its stiff enough without being harsh on the skin or eyes.