Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

2.8

Water, Peg-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Peg-6, Trisodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

on 11/5/2012 12:26:00 AM

I'm a bit sad to see this product get such bad reviews. I personally find this to be very effective in taking off eye makeup, especially mascara. I do have to scrub sometimes to remove my eyeliner, but I'm okay with that because it means my eyeliner is smudge proof (: This lasts a long time, though it could be because I dip a Q-tip into the product to wash off my makeup. I don't know how much this costs because my mom gets it from the EL gift packages, but I imagine that it is pretty expensive.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

One of the most ineffective makeup removers that I have ever used. It removed eyeshadow and primer with no problem, but it barely made a dent in the mascara and liner. This wasn't waterproof makeup either: it was your basic eyeliner and mascara. This product couldn't even remove the remnants that were left after I used a REAL makeup remover and washed my face.

Fortunately, this was part of a gift set so I didn't waste my money on it, because that's exactly what you'd be doing with your money if you purchased this. Even the drugstore brand perform far better than this one does.

on 8/16/2012 1:33:00 PM

I love this product. It always gets off all my eye makeup. Even the waterproof products. It doesn't sting my eyes.

on 7/17/2012 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didnít use this as my sole eye makeup remover (Neutrogena makeup wipes are what I use). What I used this for was to get rid of mascara residue that stained my under eye area the next morning. I just used a q-tip, diping it into the product and clean up the left over mascara that smeared under my eyes. For that role I think this eye makeup remover is wonderful.

It felt like I was rubbing water against my skin but it got rid of what I wanted Ė no oily residue whatsoever! Because I used it that way the product has lasted me a long long long time. Decently priced for a high end product, about $16!

on 7/15/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It stung my eyes! I was expecting so much more from an EL product, but this is the WORST EL product I have ever used in my entire life. I cannot express enough how awful this eye makeup remover was. It didn't take off the makeup well at all and stung my eyes like nothing I'd ever used before. Out of all of the things you want out of an eye-makeup remover (to be gentle, to take off makeup, to work well, to not irritate skin), this product does not deliver on a single one.

I would recommend people try Lancome eye makeup remover.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Overall, a good product. Removes normal make up pretty easily. The waterproof and heavy duty make up really needs some work to get off. I've tried better, I've tried worse.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Luckily, my mom received this as a free gift and passed it on to me, so I didn't pay. It does an ok job removing some of my eye makeup, but I find myself scrubbing harder than I should have to. Regular old water does a better job removing eye makeup. Expected more. Will not be purchasing.

on 5/31/2012 12:40:00 PM

Does not remove the new long-wearing gel liner formulas without scrubbing.

on 5/27/2012 10:36:00 PM

my mom got this as a sample for buying an estee lauder product and getting the gift. so she gave it to me. its pretty good at removing eyemakeup, but its nothing spectacular. its similar to lancome's remover & drugstore version neutrogena. since i didnt actually purchase this product, idk how much it costs. but if it's more than $10-15 bucks, not worth it!!! it's very average in my opinion and it's kinda oily/greasy on my lids. it doesnt do anything amazing that other, more affordable products can't do.

on 5/9/2012 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

im surprised this got such horrid reviews. This is a pretty good makeup remover. Definitely gentle on the eyes. It removes makeup pretty well, however when it comes to waterproof mascara, you may have to break out lancomes bi-facil lol