April 18, 2014 | 1986 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Facial Cleanser II

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by jeremyswife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have only used this product for two days! But I decided to write a review because i can already tell a difference in my skin. I have post inflammatory pigmentation from acne and this seems to have calmed the redness down alot! And my skin is very very smooth! I was using pro active with good results but all of sudden my skin started drying out and getting flakey but this has already got rid of all the flakes! will update this review in about a month but so far i'm liking it! ***EDIT*** So I said I would do a update on this in a month but I decided since i've been using it for a week and such great results that i'm going to go ahead and write a little more about what i think.....and I LOVE THIS...In a week a see a HUGE improvement in my skin. My skin has not looked like this in about 2 years. I have had not one break out all that has to happen now is to fade the hyperpigmentation which has also dramatically faded!!! I can't wait to see what my skin looks like after a month or two of using this!!!! Also I leave this on for about 3 to 5 minutes at night it stings but this stuff is so worth it!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by taraholenmyheart

I really liked this product because it was so different than anything I have tried before. I've been using it for a week, so I haven't seen any long term results, but I've been incredibly impressed with the reduction in redness and evenness in my skin's color! More even skin equals less foundation, which is really important to me, especially in the summer. The quality of my skin is also much better, much smoother. I don't know if others can notice the subtle differences, but I definitely can. One thing that I haven't noticed is a reduction in pore size, which some have noted. I haven't noticed a reduction in zits (I usually have a zit here and there and that hasn't changed), but I'll give an update on that when I start my period, which is when I usually break out the worst.

All in all, not too bad! Expensive, but I don't think you can put a price on the quality of your skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Nepheliad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HUGE EDIT!: Since this has just been lying around unused, I decided one day to try this in the shower on my arms and legs to treat my Keratosis Pilaris & HOLY COW. I wish I tried it sooner! After the very first day it got rid of almost ALL the bumps (& I have really bad KP). It has been a week & I used it almost every day (I skipped a couple days because I didn't want to get irritated) & the bumps are pretty much gone except for my right arm which is weird because my left arm is completely smooth now, but I'll have to give it time I guess. I didn't think to try this sooner because I was applying the MD Forte II lotion on my arms before & it didn't do anything at all. I'm so excited because I've had this all my life and nothing has worked. PC Skin revealing body lotion is the closest thing, but didn't get rid of it all. All I need to focus on now is to get rid of the redness and spots, but maybe if I give it time this stuff will get rid of that too. I'm going to experiment with other 15% glycolic acid washes to see if I can find something that works that's cheaper, but I'm just glad i found something!!!!!!!!!!
OLD REVIEW: I was really excited to try this but didn't work out for me. An area on my left cheek became really rough in texture and it would be itchy. It wasn't really noticable, but I could feel it. The rest of my face was really nice and smooth so I kept using it for a few weeks. Then one day the rough patch spread to most of my left cheek so I had to stop. 10 days later, the rough area is finally gone. My skin is not very sensitive and I only used it in the evenings so it was surprising. Oh well, on to the next product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by jlclarowe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser! I use this in the morning after I wet and then dry my face. I leave it on for a few minutes then add a little water rub in and remove with a wet wash cloth. Makes my face so soft and smooth and has cleared up my cystic acne! Using this in combination with the MD Forte Facial Lotion, Fresh Foaming Cleanser, Vitamin C Serum and Tazorac Gel has cleared up my cystic acne that I have suffered from for years!! Thank you sloro (hope it's okay to mention that!!!!!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by youdee

Love this cleanser! I bought this after reading the reviews on MUA and I am very pleased. I had an initial 'purging' once I started using this product but after a week my skin was blemish free, bright, the tone was more even and my overall complexion glowed with health. Usually I don't pay much attention to cleansers as any ingredients they have in them don't stay for long enough on the skin or are in too low a concentration to actually do anything. This is where the MD Forte cleanser is different. This cleanser is now a pivotal step in keeping my skin looking great!

I thought i'd share how I use this. I shower and wash my hair, then when my skin has been steamed from the shower i pat my face gently with a dry towel and massage in the cleanser. I then leave the cleanser on my face as I exfoliate my body in the steamy shower, once i'm done scrubbing I rinse my face. This method seems to work well in getting the full benefits of the product. Also I may by in the minority but I love the packaging. Firstly, it's HUGE so you get a lot of product. Secondly, it's sturdy and hygienic which makes it good for travel. I will buy this again and again.
Oh but I will add that you may want to limit yourself to one application a day (at night preferably), just because it keeps your skin receptive to the ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 3:19:00 AM More reviews by 00R00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG glycolic cleanser. Prefer to MD Formulations Facial Cleanser. I
would recommend limiting use to once a day to ensure you do not sensitise your skin - and perhaps amping it up to twice daily in the week leading up TTOTM. Cleared my skin dramatically and eliminated those annoying little bumps and flakes that can plague us all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by centerfuse

I am in love with what this product is doing for my skin now that it's colder.

Me: mild rosacea, skin that gets seriously dehydrated from tretinon (Retin-A gel, RAM, and Renova) when the cold dry wind blows. Oily in summer. Prone to cysts and other forms of breakouts/clogs unless I use RAM at least once/week and then the milder Retin-A gel .01. Also use Renova once/week. I ordered the different forms of tretinoin and found that a mix works for my skin.

UPDATE: RECENTLY MOVED UP TO THE MD FORTE III FORMULA. LOVE. PLEASE CHECK OUT THE REVIEW IF YOU HAVE USED THE II OR ARE LOOKING FOR A STRONGER BUT NON-FOAMING CLEANSER.

I have to be honest. I've never tried a non-foaming cleanser that felt "right" on my skin. I just can't take a filmy feeling.

However, I use an oil cleanser (Fancl mixed with safflower oil) to remove my Sofina (Japanese) sunscreen and MUFE Face&Body and pat dry.

Then I add a small amount of the MD Forte II and massage lightly on face and neck, especially around my nose, cheeks, and chin. I do feel a bit of a sting, but it does not last for more than a few moments.

Then I warm up a gauze cloth with water. wipe *gently*, and follow up with a few splashes of water.

My face feels clean with no residue. I follow with Sage Hydrating Emulsion if dry (every day in cold weather). If I feel that tight feeling, I cover the Sage with a bit of petroleum jelly.

What I've experienced after a number of weeks is clearer pores, softer and smoother skin, and less flaking/dryness as well as tighter, more even-toned skin--and I am prone to redness.

Highly recommend for those who have problems with leave-on glycolic products or experience excessive dryness.

**Update***:An extra push for those who are afraid of non-foaming cleansers, as I'd always been.

I am still so impressed with this cleanser--although I suspect it is using it with the gauze fabric that gives the feeling of clean skin I crave without the dryness. As long as I use an oil cleanser and then this, my pores stay as clear as they can be. Now, I'll admit, sometimes I get lazy and don't remove my makeup---within a day or two, I can tell. But as soon as I get back to my routine (including tretinoin a few days/week), my skin is glowing. Well, that and the MUFE Face & Body...I keep laughing at how it all sound so high maintenance when, in reality, the whole cleansing process is less than 10 minutes.

This is the first winter that I didn't get super dry patches or irritation from the various tretinoin products I NEED to use to keep my skin cyst-free and clear pored .

I have to give some of the credit to the Sage Hydrating Emulsion, too, as it is the only commercial moisturizer that hasn't clogged my pores. I apply the moisturizer and let dry, do the bit of sunscreen (Sofina Beaute or Rise on light days/Lucent on out-and-about-days) and wait a few minutes, and then apply the Make Up For Ever almost like a moisturizer as the consistency works really well when I pour a bit into my palms, rub them to warm, and then smooth over my face, including under my jaw to help with the difference between my ruddy face and light neck. I like to do a very light setting powder (Besame, Majolica Majorca Fantasia, Silk Powder (esp in the summer).

My skin loves this stuff. I also have MD Formulations 12 %, which I find to be basically the same but more expensive.

Order from skincarerx.com with MUA20 discount.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by jenni1965

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful cleanser. It is not a foaming product. I have sensitive early 40's skin which is starting to get drier as I age but I stilll have some T zone occassionally. Do not get near eyes! I have gone through 2 bottles and may go up to III, I have to talk to my spa lady to find out. After the first bottle of II she said to stay with that again before going up in % of glycolic.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by kissmark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser. I've been using RAM for the past few years but it's not really getting rid of all my clogged pores and blackheads, so I decided to add an AHA product in my routine. I've only used one other glycolic cleanser before, several years ago I got the Serious Skin Care's glycolic cleanser. I can't really compare the two because I don't remember why I didn't repurchase the SSC, but at least I know that I'm definitely going to repurchase this one. This cleanser leaves my skin soft and smooth, and it definitely helps w/ the clogs. The price is very reasonable and the bottle lasts awhile. I only use it at night because I'm afraid it'll be too much for my skin if I use it twice daily. After washing w/ this cleanser I use jojoba oil to moisturize, then wait 30 min and apply RAM. Twice a week I will use DDF's glycolic toner instead of RAM (on these nights I will use a different cleanser, don't want to have AHA overload). Now my skin is in the best condition it's been in years, and I think it's the combo of retionid + AHA that did it. As others mentioned the packaing is pretty bad, the only minus.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Mermaid922

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you can get over the terribly lame looking bottle, this is a great product. I have been using this day and night for about two months. I wasn't impressed at first, after reading all the rave reviews I had expectations that within a day my skin would be amazing. However, stick with it. Its effects can creep up on you. I've started noticing lately that my face is incredibly soft and smooth- I have to stop myself from touching it! I have a bit of KP on my chin bone, and that is gone from using this. Any parts of my skin that used to be rough have been smoothed.
I have not experienced any flaking from this product, nor did I experience any 'purging' when I first began using it, even though I started directly on level II. I leave it on for at least two minutes before washing off, to really get some benefits from the glycolics, and scrub it around my face using a face brush. This is my HG and I can't imagine even wanting to try another cleanser.