Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Talc, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Copolyol, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Trihydroxystearin, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 12/1/2013 9:28:00 PM

This was my first liquid foundation, and I'm so glad I've learned to read reviews and do research since trying it. The price for this is great but like everything you get what you pay for. The packaging is not too amazing, it's really hard to squeeze product out once it's almost empty and I actually ended up staining a pair of jeans getting it out :( The lasting power is very minimal, probably about 4-5 hours before it starts to melt off. It is also not transfer resistant as it got on many of my jackets and shirts. This might work for dry skin but I wouldn't recommend it even for that.

on 10/28/2013 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

Eyes: Violet

This is an Update but this foundation the worst! I have very dry sensitive skin and it breaks me out, as well it accentuates my dry patches. AKA my whole face looks rough and sandpaper like. As well I have super pale translucent skin and the lightest colour is bright orange on me its disgusting! NEVER BUY THIS!!!!!

I love this foundation. Cover girl is the only foundation that has a color light enough for my skin tone. Any other brands either have a nasty orange tone to if or are just rely crappy. Cover girl is the best drug store brand. This foundation is very light and is good for anyone who has a problem with redness. I have a clear face and smooth skin, and this foundation is perfect for covering the redness without looking over cakey. It looks very natural. Only downside is the packaging. Once it gets to the very end it's hard to get the last of it out.

on 9/4/2013 8:56:00 PM

the main reason i got this fndt was because its one of the fndt that are ivory / light without the pinkish tone to it. and i love that. mine is in classic ivory. its an alright fndt , when i put it on my face it sets to a dry finish but then turns somewhaat oily. I tried this 2 years ago and loved it. im guessing i tried this in the winter because its not good in hot weather. this is suppose to be hydrating and i guess it does do its purpose although it looks oily instead of hydrating/dewy. Now,... im not completely giving up on this because i do love the shade. main point is ..this fndt is not for the summer. more like a winter foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

For some weird reason, I LOVE THIS. I have oily skin, and this is just a perfect light natural foundation for me! Love the squeeze tube packaging, very hygienic. It doesn't have amazing coverage, but it is very buildable so thats kind of okay. I never really got on with tinted moisturizers, so this is a perfect breathable foundation for me! I still use a primer underneath, usually a mattifying one because this doesn't have a matte finish (it doesn't have a dewy one either though...) then I set it with a foundation powder for a bit of a coverage boost. Love love love! I really hope they don't discontinue this product!

on 4/29/2013 5:19:00 PM

I bought this last week in my quest for a lighter makeup for the weekend. My BB cream is great, but thought this would provide better coverage. I LOVE the coverage, the color is perfect, and it blends really well. But, it is yet another CG product that has something in it that makes me itch. So...down into the trash it goes. Is not worth standing in line at Walmart to return for $6 or so. Try it and see if it works for you. I hope it does. I really wish it had worked for me!

on 3/11/2013 2:22:00 PM

I absolutely adore this foundation. It goes on smoothly, is available in a wide variety of shades, and it's so good for your skin. The few problems I did have were that it doesn't last very long, and tends to fade off your face after a few hours, but that won't be a problem if you use a primer first (I do, and it works so much better). Also, the coverage is very, VERY light, but this product is very build-able, so that's not a really big issue. I love how small the nozzle is, it keeps the foundation fresh for a long time, and very clean. This product is water-based, so it moisturizes your skin without looking oily.

TIP If you do purchase this foundation, when you can no longer get any out of the nozzle, cut the bottle open with scissors, and use a spoon to extract the remaining foundation. I got another 5-7 uses out of the bottle by doing this.

on 3/1/2013 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Very good, but light coverage. Will need a darker shade for summer. I really like the not- too- thick consistency. It does look a bit chalky until I use a glycerin based setting spray. (I make my own).

on 3/1/2013 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

EDIT: this oxidises. Please disregard the review below :/

CG advertises this as a moisturizing, "light, natural" finish foundation. CG delivers on its claims and quite well! I find this to have the consistency of a TM, and use about two layers for a very natural finish. It puts a soft focus on my face and with translucent setting powder, it doesn't look like I'm wearing liquid foundation. I wear this as an "I'm on my day off" or "f-ck it, I'm just going to the grocery store" foundation. I need concealer to cover blemishes with this, but when my skin is good I love how natural the finish is.

on 2/28/2013 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have oily, acne-prone skin and larger pores that clog. I always end up coming back to this foundation because it doesn't clog my pores. It's really not *wonderful* for me though, the cover is too sheer for my acne and scarring, and my face ends up oily after a few hours. I try to keep my face matte with powder, which helps. To me, it really seems like a tinted moisturizer. I think if you have normal to dry skin and don't need a lot of coverage, this would be a great drugstore brand. For me, I'm still searching...