October 24, 2014 | 970 users online

Polishes - OPI - Malaga Wine

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by BlondeInDelhi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This applies a little streaky, and definitely needs two coats. While the colour is nice, I find I use it really rarely, so would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by stls

I love red nail polishes and have lots of them. I really couldn't miss this iconic shade of OPI.
After the first coat I was a bit disappointed, it was too magenta-red. Reminded me of ''Cherries in the snow'' lipstick by Revlon. After the second coat you get a definite cool toned red and very glossy. Of course the OPI formula and brush are flawless as always.

Overall, this shade is lovely. But I don't consider it deep or vampy. (My favorite neutral deep classic red with creamy finish is ''Fishnet Stockings'' by Essie and I usually don't even like Essie's polishes)
Malaga Vine is too fun, cool and glossy to be consider vampy IMHO but I like it anyway, it's my spring/ summer red!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by PetitOwl

I like this color a lot. On me, it is an almost vampy dark red even under bright lighting. I like that it is not so dark that it looks black. The color flatters my skintone (Asian, medium-light skin), making my skin look pale and flawless.
It has a very nice formula. Two coats are all that's necessary and streaking is never a problem. The only thing that I don't like is that it leaves my nails stained a bit orange after I take it off, as do all red polishes I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Liliaceae2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

That's a very nice, interesting nail polish. The finish is a creme with something jelly-like to it.
The color changes a lot according to the skin tone: against my very fair, cool toned skin (NC10/15), it looks like an amazing blood red, with only the really slightest hint of blue. However, on my mother, who had a tan and should be around a NW25 when she borrowed it from me, it looked more like a wine red, with lots of blue in it, more like what you see in the bottle, but still very pretty. As well as that, I had a "problem" which didn't happen to her:
While I can say "Malaga Wine"is one of the prettiest nail polishes I own, it has a small issue: it's only red in natural light. Indoors it very often turns into either a very dark maroon or a very, very dark plum color, which I think that looks somewhat dull.
The quality is great, though. Easy and pleasant to apply, easy to clean, 't stain my nails or bubble and doesn't chip very easily. It's damn shiny, too. 2 coats are enough to make it look good.
I would surely buy it again. It's my second favorite nail polish (right after Essie's Fishnet Stockings), and the only reason why it's not the very favorite is those huge changes in color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Anneexo

This is my all time favorite nail polish.
I absolutely adore the red colour which I have never seen exactly the same.
It is the exact colour as blood (can you say beautiful?), the brush is perfect-sized and the polish stays on for days :)
LOVE IT ♥

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by turtlegirl82

I have a very pale complexion but this is the best crimson red out there hands down. It really makes a statement and does not make me look garish. It gives that classic white-as-snow, red-as-blood look that just pops. It might be too overpowering for my hands but for my toes it works perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

I realize that this may be an unpopular review, but I'm not crazy about this shade. Here is why: while it is a beautiful, deep shade of wine in certain lighting, when under bright lighting it turns into a screaming bright red. Like, clown red. One of my biggest gripes with red polish is that tendency to look different in different lighting, and this is one of the worst offenders. I think that bright red polish looks garish on pale skin unless it is the *perfect* shade of red (Revlon Valentine comes to mind). Malaga Wine misses the mark for me. That said, it is opaque with 2 coats and I like it on my toes. But I will never again use it on my nails.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite vampy reds. I do 3 coats to get the color of the bottle. If you do just 2 coats, it is more of a medium red with plum tones. Very pretty and it is appropriate for all seasons and for work. The color is nice and opague w/ 2 coats.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very nice red that appears dark in bottle but lightens up a bit after application. I love it. Blood red. Two coats is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by MES

I already have a bright red, and some darker purple shades and was in search of a medium to dark red. It was a toss up between this and another OPI shade and I went with this one. In the bottle it appears dark red, but nothing too vampy. Once applied the color really seems to vary with lighting. In bright light it appears as a classic medium red, and in darker light its a deep red with plum tones. Once dried it has a high shine almost wet finish, and I found that two coats is perfect.