April 18, 2014 | 1847 users online

Polishes - OPI - Malaga Wine

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by turtlegirl82

I have a very pale complexion but this is the best crimson red out there hands down. It really makes a statement and does not make me look garish. It gives that classic white-as-snow, red-as-blood look that just pops. It might be too overpowering for my hands but for my toes it works perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

I realize that this may be an unpopular review, but I'm not crazy about this shade. Here is why: while it is a beautiful, deep shade of wine in certain lighting, when under bright lighting it turns into a screaming bright red. Like, clown red. One of my biggest gripes with red polish is that tendency to look different in different lighting, and this is one of the worst offenders. I think that bright red polish looks garish on pale skin unless it is the *perfect* shade of red (Revlon Valentine comes to mind). Malaga Wine misses the mark for me. That said, it is opaque with 2 coats and I like it on my toes. But I will never again use it on my nails.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite vampy reds. I do 3 coats to get the color of the bottle. If you do just 2 coats, it is more of a medium red with plum tones. Very pretty and it is appropriate for all seasons and for work. The color is nice and opague w/ 2 coats.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very nice red that appears dark in bottle but lightens up a bit after application. I love it. Blood red. Two coats is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by MES

I already have a bright red, and some darker purple shades and was in search of a medium to dark red. It was a toss up between this and another OPI shade and I went with this one. In the bottle it appears dark red, but nothing too vampy. Once applied the color really seems to vary with lighting. In bright light it appears as a classic medium red, and in darker light its a deep red with plum tones. Once dried it has a high shine almost wet finish, and I found that two coats is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by maya1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

it's a very beautifull color....dosn't ship easily....this color is for chic and classy women...enjoy it

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by nadienadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This colour is a deep red, verging on the maroon side, probably could be described as a jelly finish. Average formula.

This is a beautiful, sophisticated red. Can be considered work appropriate, non offensive. I'd even consider this for a work interview. The colour to me says confidence, class, someone who wants to look good, who is glossy and knows what they are doing. On even, well groomed nails, this colour will look very chic. Long or short nails, no problem!

Three coats to reasonable opacity, slight visible nail line. Dries to a glossy finish, but after painting I always top it off with a high shine fast drying top coat.

Even though I own several colours similar to this one, I'll always want to have this colour in my collection. If you are going to a smart event and not sure what nail polish to wear, this colour will look appropriate every time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I am craving a dark crimson red, this is it. It's beautiful, it lasts a long time on the nail and it isn't too purple.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by kristashae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love!! New favorite red, perfect on my skin tone! Lasts about 4 days for me without chipping. I needed 3 coats to not get any streaks. Gorgeous deep red color, very classic. Looks beautiful on toes too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by NicolaKate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another one of my all time favourites! Malaga Wine is a classic rich berry-toned red perfect for any occasion. Goes on smoothly, fully opaque after a second coat. Drying time is decent and it has a gorgeous shine to it. Perfect!