Yankee Candles MacIntosh Housewarmer

4.8

Such a heavenly scent (heaven scent? *groan*). I have this in the large Housewarmer jar and it scents the whole of my 3 bedroomed semi. I also love my large Housewarmer in MacIntosh Peach, plus MacIntosh in both the Hand Cream and Car Jars (also part of the Yanke Candle range. I love how diverse their ranges are - everything from candles to antibacterial hand gel!) Yup, I went a little bit mad for it *grin*. I close my eyes, take off the lid and inhale deeply - immediately I get a mental image of crisp, red Macintosh apples. It's gorgeous and I've bought 6 large HW jars (and 2 boxes of 6 tubes of the hand cream :-)) to make sure I don't run out. Long may they last (both the jars/cream/car jars/ hand gel) and the company!

on 3/1/2011 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I know I can always buy this scent and never be disappointed! I have the on the go spray for my car to freshen it up every now and then. For my home I love to keep a reed diffuser in the bathroom and candles in this scent in the kitchen. The scent is not overpowering but still enough to be smelled through out the house and not make you sick!

on 1/31/2011 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this scent. I love how the smell fills the house. Who doesn't love the smell of macintosh apples. Delisious!

on 1/15/2011 8:42:00 AM

I bought this in a tart to try and I love it! It's one of the stronger Yankee scents. You can definitely smell this throughout the whole house. The fresh apple scent is divine!

on 1/3/2011 8:49:00 PM

I think this smells really good. I bought the tea light version just to be safe, and then loved it so much I bought the jar.

It's got the warm crisp apple smell, and it's not the nauseating sour smell of some apple candles.

Nice fall candle scent, but not too cranberry like...you know what I mean??

on 11/15/2010 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I have this scent in the form of room spray. I love it! Smells so delicious and fresh, just like a crisp, bitten apple. I love to clean the whole house, mop with pine sol,crack all the windows and spray this delightful ffragrance all over the house. It's amazing and the scent lingers for hours

on 10/31/2010 3:40:00 PM

Have this in the housewarmer and in a scented oil. I love it! It reminds me of a freshly-bitten apple, it even has that same light grassy background scent as a real macintosh. It is one of the few scents that my husband will tolerate, as it is not too sweet, or strangely musky..

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Outside of some Illuminations scents I still long for Yankee to bring back, this scent is probably my favorite from YC.

Smell is not overwhelming, is not overpowering and is not artificial in scent.

Yankee Candle scents are usually a hit and miss with me. Some scents are too overpowering and nauseating while some barely have any scent at all. I went to the store the other day and sniffed almost all the scents they had. Some were very vomit inducing, while some were way too sweet. I sniffed this and it was very refreshing. Very fresh smelling and with just the right amount of sweetnedd. Needless to say I bought this and I've been loving it ever since. It smeels exactly like a fresh cut apple. LOVE.

on 6/13/2010 9:52:00 PM

I love this candle!!!!! This is definitely the best fruit scented candle I have EVER had. I bought the two-wick large tumbler, since I read online that they have the best throw. The throw on this candle is GREAT--it can easily scent a large room within about 20 minutes. The real reason why this candle deserves a 5-lippie score, however, is because of the scent. It is perfect. No cinnamon or any heavy flavors that would weigh it down, just crisp, clear apple scent as if you just cut open a perfectly ripe Autumn apple and sniffed it. It doesn't smell artificial or cheap at all. Originally I bought this candle for Fall and Winter nights, but it turned out to be so refreshing and crisp that I am going to burn it all through the summer. This is HG!

Popular Candles