August 22, 2014 | 1958 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

This is my first eye makeup remover and first experience with Rimmel products. I bought it after seeing glowing reviews on several websites, and was not disappointed. It removed all my eye makeup (including waterproof mascara) in one swipe. Also, it is fairly reasonably priced at $4.50 for 4 oz., cheaper than comparable drug store brands.

For people who claim that this stings your eyes, maybe your skin was already irritated before. The first time I used it, it did sting my eyebrow area a little bit, but that was because my skin was very dry and flaky that day. The next day, I used moisturizer before applying eye makeup, and when I took my makeup off that night, I didn't experience any irritation at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Jendrea

I don't know why, but this is a really bad product for me. 3 minutes after using this my eyes start to turn red and it stings pretty bad. It removes the makeup well, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by ysquaredd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a staple in my skincare routine, always has been and always will be. I'm not sure why it stings for certain people and it doesn't for others but this product has never made my eyes sting.

Not only is it oil-free, but it gets off heavy makeup very well. Yes, I may have to use 2-3 cotton rounds but to me, it's worth using extra because of how gentle the product is. I have tried various eye makeup remover products from drugstore to high end and hands down, Rimmel always wins for me.

The thing I appreciate the most about this product is that it actually IS oil-free. A lot of brands 'claim' it is oil free but often times, they feel thick and leaves oil residue on my eyes (if that makes any sense). I always describe this product to friends that it feels like cool water!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Purple822

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

One of the best eye removers that I have tried.
So far, I've only purchased drugstore eye removers.
It doesn't leave an oily residue and gentle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

This stuff is a GOD SEND. I've been buying this for years. I usually get 3-6 bottles at a time because nothing will substitute and I never want to be without especially with how much black eye make up I use. Nothing else gets my eye make up off as effortlessly. This doesn't burn at all. The texture feels like just regular water where as most removers feel like thick lotions or oils. I can't stand either. This will take off any and all make up not just around the eye.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This does not do a good job of removing waterproof eye make-up. It takes at least 2 soaked cotton balls per eye (I wear eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara daily) and I have to hold it on there and then even rub to really get it to break up and come off. I don't even think I will finish the bottle because it was so cheap--not even worth my hassle. Also, sometimes it stings my eyes and sometimes it's fine...so who knows. Usually I really like Rimmel products, but this one is a definite miss.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by j3nn3y

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The upside is the price(really inexpensive) and that it has no greasy residue feeling common with many eye makeup removers.

Unfortunately, it really stings my eyes. It's not "gentle" at all. And it doesn't remove everything in one swipe... so um it's super painful to use.
My eyes aren't usually sensitive.

I'm sad this one didn't work out for me, I had high hopes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Junkie1

This is a great product in the sense that it removes eye makeup (including mascara) effortlessly and quickly and it's also dirt cheap. Unfortunately for me this product really stings my eyes so much I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by 1CupcakeJunkie

i use to use maybelline oil free remover but when it was out of stock i grabbed this bottle and i love it. With one swipe it removed more eyeshadow and eyeliner then the other brand. I do have a hard time removing my urban decay pervision eyeliner but it is very dark and heavy. I have since bought 3 more bottles of this. doesnt burn me at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by roguevixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Normally I use Clean & Clear's eye makeup remover, but the Rimmel type was on sale and I thought I'd try something different for a change..."Gentle", my ass...It burned my eyes when I tried to use it. Ouch. :( Needless to say, not impressed...The price was right, but I'll be going back to my Clean & Clear.