September 22, 2014 | 1949 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by makeuptraveller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well...well... The much talked about Ben bye banana powder indeed lives up to its standards as raved about by many makeup artist's. I got my hands on them in Screen Face near Covent Garden.

This product suits all skin tones for sure. Its very powdery i will admit that I was slightly disappointed I thought it would look some sort cakey but once I put it on and set it, it was marvellous !

I use the ben nye powder on my highlighted areas after using a concealer or Mac's prep and prime for highlighting and it sets perfectly. My skin is olive toned and I thought i looked pretty yellow at first but I decided to reduce my foundation and it was much better.

Best part of this product is that on cameras with flash my make up looks flawless unlike before where I use to look as if I was painted. The only downfall of this product is its packaging :-/ Its inconvenient as I feel much of the product goes to waste. Would love it if the packaging was more convenient to carry around while travelling too, however apart from that its wonderful. Highly recommended and I've already got one on standby just incase I run out anytime :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by randashk

I'm going to be honest, I was really excited to get this product, as it had been raved about everywhere! I purchased the big bottle for about 12 bucks. Fairly cheap and had lots of product in it. Once I got it,I found the best way to apply it is with a fluffy brush for underneath your eyes. I put it on top of many different types of concealer colors and consistencies, and no matter what I did, it gave a greenish tint to it by the end of the day. I'm a teacher, and even my students would ask me why it was green under my eyes. WHAT an embarassment. Whenever I wouldn't wear the powder, I would not get that result. Thank goodness that my students are an honest bunch because I definitely am not using it again!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Nikkilici0us

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I just have to add my approval to this product!! There is nothing to be said about it that hasn't already been said. Very finely milled... cheap.... little goes a long way.... lovely finish... and beyond the banana there are so many different tints and finishes to choose from. I use banana and buff for under eye concealer setting, pretty in pink if I need to add some pink back into any area... the translucent for all over my face, and the Mojave series for adding warmth and bronzing. I love cocoa as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Passmemyblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After much searching and reviews on this "wonder powder" (ok ok I heard it was used on Kim Kardashian..omg how many times have I heard that?!!ohh you too lol)I ordered the small size in the shaker top.I apply it after using Mac F&B (I'm c4 in summer c3 winter)I don't always wear concealer the f&b evens me out for everyday back to the powder..I get a sponge and tip out some product on to back of my hand and dip sponge in powder then dab it under my eyes bridge of nose forehead and chin and I always put in the corners of eyes(not in) I leave it to seep into my skin for a few minutes then buff into with a big fluffy brush.The result is amazing I can't believe the difference it makes it just makes you look so clear and bright and makes you look flawless.I would say that I prime and moisturizer before F&B and after powder I do I light mist with avene thermal water..gives an amazing luminous finish.I want to get the pink powder next.I just want to add that although there is talc in this product it is so finely milled that for me it applys light and I fairly comfortable on the skin.The reason I gave it 2 lippies is because of the product design it's easy to waste the powder comes out fast and freely be careful!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by artistrybyebony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product.The packaging sucks like my grandmothers powder lol but whats inside is amazing.You get so much for the price and will take you forever to run out, and I'm a pro freelance makeup artist and use it everyday.Use it sparingly on darker skin NW-35 AND DARKER.But it is beautiful on all skin tones for the under eye area.Can look a little washed out in photographs so please place blend out well, and do not cake on !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Mhrn10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If kim kardashian's make up artist used it for years, then why wouldn't it be good enough for us? This is greaaaaaaaaat!!! I use this as one of my countouring weapon, the only thing that i hate is just the packaging :( sometimes i ended up wasting my product because of it. I wish ben nye's team would do something about it

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by carmelitta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After using up a 3g sample from ebay, I ordered the 85g straight away so I will never run out, lol. It really makes a difference when I set my under-eye area with this, opposed to just powdering it with translucent powder. I really don't now what it is about this powder but it really makes you look much better! I'm NC40 so I also use it as setting powder for highlighted areas (that's when I go out clubbing or just when getting dolled up) in generous amounts and it's gorg, no wonder why Kardashians use it, it really looks great and keeps heavier foundations perfectly in place. Not to mention the perfect price for such huge amount of product!

To those with pale skintones (which I love, it's so classy & elegant looking, btw I'm naturally white-pale myself, I just tan :)) I would recommend checking out the Cameo shade of this powder (which I also own in 45g), because Banana will definately come out too yellow on you girls. If you're not that pale, but more like fair-medium than porcelain pale, then Buff would work best, because again Banana may come out a bit too yellow-ish on you, hope this helps :)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by nickstalovesyou

I've had this powder for about 5 months now. I only bought the 1.5oz of it. after 5 months with this product I have almost the full bottle still have barely used any of it at all and I do my makeup almost everyday. I use it as a setting powder on top of my under eye concealer. I use it around my nose, chin, and forehead basically all the places I want highlighted. it is a great powder for me because my undertones are very yellow. but I can say there are days when I might go a little to heavy with the powder and it will turn the concealer under it kind of a orange color which can be very annoying but other than that I give it 5 stars for the yellow girls.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Breena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is going to be an extremely detailed review.

This is perfect for anyone with yellow/warm undertones, unless if If your skin is extremely fair but you have yellow/warm undertones. This product will give you a very weird overly-yellow tinge to your skin. This goes the same for those who have a much darker complexion. If you come under these categories, then I do NOT recommend this product. Same to those who don't have yellow undertones.
However, there are other colours available which will suit your needs better, so don't give into the hype and buy this in banana, you'll literally kick yourself afterwards. I have way too many friends that did that, then were cursing themselves for following the crowd!

Any who, now that's out of the way.
I love this product, as both a setting powder, and a highlighter.
As a setting powder:
This powder is literally so fine that it settles into even the trickiest of places. It completely mattifies any oil slick that you may have or you may potentially have later. I don't even need to reapply this throughout the day, just the once and I'm good to go for however long I'm out for.

As a highlighter:
Using a slightly damp sponge, I use this as a powder highlighter and gently dab this onto my face in a V-shape on my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, and in an upside-down triangle shape on my forehead. I'm very careful not to blend it into my skin immediately but more to let it sit on my skin for around 15 minutes. (You can leave it for 5 and get the same effect, it just takes me 15 minutes to do my hair.) I then sweep it off with a fan brush and it leaves me with a brilliant natural looking highlight glow. I cannot emphasise this, I have never gotten such a finish with any powder or liquid highlighter before.

The only downside is the packaging. I find the lid to be horrendously small, so I resort to using an old bare minerals foundation lid to pour the powder into, then use my brush/sponge from out of there.

Otherwise, this is a MUST HAVE highlighter and setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I finally tried this, after years of hearing all the hype... and I LOVE IT! I was reluctant to replace my MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder but this stuff blows my old HG away. It sets my makeup without settling into lines or looking chalky. It just gives me a nice airbrushed glow! I love the color- I thought that it would be too light for my NC40-45 skin but it actually looks really nice. It just imparts a nice warm candlelit glow to my face. Somebody told me that I look like Jennifer Lopez today... I'm sold! Will continue to repurchase over and over!