August 23, 2014 | 1705 users online

Skincare - Face - Aveeno - Balancing Bar with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal for Combination Skin

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2002 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Shan_n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've used the aveeno oatmeal bars in all 3 types. i personally think the one for dry skin is the best because the other's are too drying on the skin. i use the bar as a manual exfoliator. i was told by my dermatologist to rub the bar gentle over areas needing exfoliation. it seems to work for me. warning: as with any manual exfoliator don't rub too hard!!
**Update** I realized this is drying too :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2002 4:32:00 PM More reviews by mellody43

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This bar cleanser does not contain soap, and the formulation I have is meant for combination skin. It makes a milky mess of your hands when you 'suds' it with water, but rinses very very clean. This is too drying for me in the winter, but could be ok for summer. I truly prefer liquid cleansers though, as this needs a soapdish to prevent major sogginess.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2001 8:30:00 PM More reviews by eve432

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this soap all the while I was on tetracycline and minocycline. It is the only product that's ever really balanced my skin tone, in terms of sucking up the oil and moisturizing the dry patches. It's quite gentle and good to use if you're using harsh topical products. I gave it a three because despite being gentle, it clogged my pores. I also would not repurchase the product because it is manufactured by Johnson and Johnson, a division of Proctor and Gamble.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2001 10:20:00 PM More reviews by willow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

this bar is fabulous, since i bought it i have thrown out every other facial cleanser i own. my skin has become much more evenly toned. i've realized lately that trying to overcompensate for having oily skin by using harsh products just aggravates the situation. this bar is very gentle, yet it thoroughly removes all my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2001 4:39:00 AM More reviews by media_cookie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this in the "Acne prone" fomula and it is awesome. It's so gentle yet I still feel clean :o) leaves my face soft, not squeaky and dry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2001 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Curlyhair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this product didn't dry out my skin or leave me with an oily residue like most bars. i would recommend for anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2001 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Elixir

I LOVE this soap! I bought this for combo skin, it cleans so well, without leaving me feeling dry, and it's soap free. Very gentle on the skin, I had many dry patches from an allergic reaction I was suffering from couple of months ago, this soap made it so much better, made my skin smooth again, no wonder my physician recommanded this! Would definetely buy it again when I run out =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2001 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Hellokitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is probably the best soap-free bar I have ever used. I love it more than my other Fresh Rice Soap and Fresh Soy Soap. Although the label says it's for combo skin, this soap-free, fragrance-free cleansing bar is idea for all skin types. This bar feels totally different than any other bars as it contains a high level of oatmeal. It actually removes excess oil from oily areas while moisturizes the dry areas as needed. After each use my skin feels baby soft, smooth, clean, radiant and healthy. Ladies, you've got to try this bar..inexpensive, unique, it's so gentle that your skin will thank you :o)