February 1, 2015 | 1089 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Old Gold

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by aguadora

I almost threw this away, because on a skin color base, with a synthetic bristle eye shader brush, this came out as a shocking shade chartreuse. Same when wet. Not very flattering; it brought out the yellow in the "whites" of my (brown) eyes, making me look sick. And yes, on a black base it turns a dark emerald green, but I already have a Humid dupe (Jordana Moss), w/o that extra step. So for the longest time this sat in the corner of my makeup table, until I was purging my collection and picked this up to play with it again.

"Doi!" moment was when I patted and buffed it onto *bare skin* with a 239 (NON taklon) brush. The garishness of the lime green went away and out came the bronzey patina *wearable* goodness that people were talking about. I can use this now as a shading color on the outer half of my lids. Would not buy again though, as I have other olives and green browns that serve its purpose.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by mschah18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Very pretty color. Can be worn more green or gold, depending on how it's applied. I love the duochrome quality of the pigment. It also applies more smoothly and blends more easily than some of the other pigments.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by michellecruz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color is amazing. You do not need to use much of this at all. The color pay of it amazing. this is a weird color, it changed color depending on how the light hits it. I love this color. MAC is discontinuing this pigment and i think it cost $18.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by OjosVerdes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Stunning pigment if used correctly - incredibly shimmery green/gold powder that when applied dry looks more gold, but as others have mentioned turns stoplight green if applied wet with a liner brush.

I've had the best luck applying a little of this (dry) in the inner corners of my eye, and pairing it with neutral browns on the lid and deep green in the outer corners and on the lash line. I've received more compliments when wearing this pigment than any other eye makeup ... it really makes your eyes "pop". Probably best worn at night, or when you want to add a little oomph to your eye makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MakeupByGeneva

I love the green duochrome in this pigment! I makes it very versatile and can be used in a green look or a gold look. Its a very unique color and I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by nightvamp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice color, great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 10:07:00 AM More reviews by jennalenna

I really like this pigment! But however, you do need to use a good base for it to stick on well. Its a irredescent gold with reflects, can be layered on top of eyeshadows for a hint of sparkle, its just too pretty! you do need to pat it onto the base youre using, because it does have a little bit of fallout, but if you use a very good base, it shouldnt be a problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This color is simply marvelous!! I received it in a swap and I want more. LOL It's a shimmery iridescent gold with green flecks in it. It turned "stoplight green" when I applied it over my chestnut brown eyeliner pencil that I had on my upper lash line. The color was shocking but beautiful. This pigment is so versatile. I received lots of compliments. It had creased and disappeared by the evening so I definitely recommend a base such as UDPP or Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Jules211

Favorite MAC pigment for sure so far! I had a sample of it last year and adored the way it made my light green eyes look SOOO sultry in the summer sun. I was always wishing I had it for the longest time and finally broke down and bought the full size (even though it'll probably be enough to last me 5-10 years!) I think some of the negative reviews may be related to how vivid this pigment is... you really do need to use it extremely sparingly, and I do think it helps to gently brush it over a base (possibly cream) shadow so it sticks but lightly so. I use Wet N Wild cream eyeshadow in Cafe au Lait (a subtly shimmery golden taupe) as a base and then gently pat some of the Old Gold over it- just beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by staciab82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

MAC pigment is "Old Gold" is probably my very favorite MAC eyes product, and even my favorite product overall. This pigment is rich & metallic. It is an antique gold with green undertones and it is gorgeous on every eye color & skin tone. I am brunette, blue eyes, fair skin and it is so illuminating. One thing I love about Old Gold is that you can use it just as a shimmery shadow, metallic liner, or use to to do a glimmering antiqued smoky eye. Also, if you apply it wet, especially over black liner it comes out an almost neon green & gold. This pigment is absolutely worth every cent. I've had it for a couple of years now and it is still in perfect condition and I used it often and am only about a quarter into the generous sized jar. Every time I wear this I get tons of compliments and questions about what am I wearing, and most people think it's a mixture of several shadows. You can do so much with this, it's a must have!