July 30, 2014 | 2003 users online

Blush - MAC - Harmony

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skin is very pale with a light yellow undertone (MAC NC10-15 or C1) and I always need something to bring colour to my face. My skin often looks dull, pale and lifeless. On top of that, I never tan or use dark self-tanners, so I need a bronzer to freshen up my complexion.
Especially in spring and summertime, I long for a sunkissed look even as a PPP.
Enter Harmony from MAC.
This is one color, I wouldn´t have reached for if not for my lovely MAC MUAs, who recommended this to me.
I used the ELF Golden Bronzer, but never managed to find a matte bronzer for my skin as they all looked orange on my skin.
I looked at the usual bronzers from MAc, but my MUA suggested Harmony instead. She said, it was officially labelled as a blush, but would work very good as bronzer and contouring colour on pale skin as it doesn´t turn orange.
I was sceptical, but she applied it and I was sold. I looked fresh, alive, healthy and polished with this, so all the things you would want in a good bronzer.
To be honest, I don´t need to contour much as my face is tiny and slim with high cheekbones and I look like a skeleton with obvious contouring.
But as a bronzer, this is unbeatable for me.
I just use this with a big fluffy ELF mineral powder brush by swirling the brush around in the pan, tapping the excess off and applying it lightly like a big C on my forehead, temples and under my cheekbones. Sometimes I do a light dusting on my nose and cheekbones to make me look sunkissed.
I always use this with a light hand, but I never got streaks or odd looking colour on my face from this. I looked at it in plain sunlight and it works beautifully on my skin.
I also use this as a blush, but my main use is that of a bronzer. As a blush it enhances the illusion, that I might be tanned or spent a day in the sun. Again, creating a healthy appearance while being very neutral. You can combine it with a lot of eyeshadows and lipsticks.
A true multitasking product, this became a staple in my make-up kit in no time at all.
Mac describes this as a muted rose-beige brown, which explains, why it never turns orange. The undertones are more like a dirty-ashy cool brown, which might not work for every skintone, but for those who have problems with warm-orange-brown based bronzers, this would be worth a try.
Highly recommended.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another one of my go to MAC colors that I have used for about 10 years. Great contour color but also a great warm blush shade too. For anyone who has never tried a MAC blush, I highly recommend them as they are not too chalky or powdery and blend effortlessly. This is a good basic multi functional shade to start off with, I have even used it as an eyeshadow. MAC blushes will make anyone with a so so opinion of blush into a never-leave-home-without-blush kind of person. Thats what they did for me! I never wore blush or held a high opinion of them until I purchased my first MAC blush. Since I have tried many high end and drug store blushes and none of them perform or feel like MAC blushes do.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by hellodionne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

WARNING FOR FAIR GIRLS WITH REDNESS!!!!

MAC Harmony is a matte brown blush with RED undertones. All good with medium/tan-olive/gold skin tones. but a NIGHTMARE for those of us with fair skin with red patches of rosacea. It will highlight all the redness on your cheeks, making your face look sick instead of contoured!

Although this looks amazing on my friend who has medium skin (About NC30-NC35 ish!)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Perfect contour colour for us fair skinned ladies! But its so pigmented that I have used it on darker skin tones as well. Just a perfect all around color that should be a staple in everyone's makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was another birthday present from my best friend, one that I requested. I LOVE it. My skin is so pale, that there is not a corresponding MAC foundation that I could list here, but if there were, it'd be something like NC 5. I use this to contour my cheekbones and my nose, and my jaw and hairline. It's very subtle, but very pigmented, so you only need a tiny bit and please swipe it over the back of your hand before it touches your face! The color is lovely, and does not look as brown on my skin as it does in the packaging. Highly recommend for pale girls who like some definition to their features.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy Grail status. MAC Harmony is the most perfect contour color for my NC20 skin... I have tried everything under the sun, but nothing really worked for me. I read such great reviews on MUA written by fair ladies, using Harmony to contour, so I bought it... omg, it's perfect. Did I mention it's amazing? Because Harmony is a blush it is quite pigmented and not powdery, like a lot of bronzers can be. I use my MAC109 to carve out my cheek bones, and it's so effortless. I never contoured on a daily basis because it was such a hassle, but those days are long gone. I rarely rave this much about a product, but I HIGHLY recommend Harmony to those with similar coloring to mine, looking for an amazing contour color. Lastly, you never have to worry about it appearing orange... I would describe it as a rosy brown. It's not too red and it's not too brown... and it's not orange at all. Amazing, gorg, I'm in love.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Pinkqt

This is a great product. Personally I don't think it's a blush, it's more like a Bronzer on my NW 25-30 skin and i use it to contour. It's a matte finish and very pigmented. Sort of reminds me of Nars Laguna Bronzer without the shimmer. It's neither cool nor warm in terms of undertones so it can work on a variety of skin tones. I personally have to layer since its just a little light on me but I'm fine with that. I probably wouldn't buy this again because I want to get either Laguna or Chocolate Soleil next. But overall great product and not as expensive as sephora bronzers.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by GiGiQue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite contour color! It pulls NO red/peach on me (which many tend to do). It applys smoothly and lasts all day, be it over foundation or just over moisturizer and powder. This goes with any blush/highlighter I choose to wear. I've worn this for years, and will continue to do so. LOVE IT!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by SarahB07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love contouring, it makes my cheek bones standout and sculpts my face. Though I'm quite fair, NC 10-15, therefore most shades of bronzers/contours can be too overwhelming or too fake (orange). I was after Taupe but it wasn't at my MAC store so the SA and I decided on Harmony.
It was love at first use! It is the PERFECT shade for people of my skin tone. A little, blended out, acts as the best contouring a girl could ask for. I use my Ecotools bronzer brush to help blend everything out. I even use this blush in my crease for depth and under my bottom lip for a pout!
It has not irritated my skin, changed colour or even fade, it has a great lasting ability on my dry skin.
Just remember; use a little, blend and your face will be photo shoot ready!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by taro8920

Amazing contour product! I am an NC30 and it is fabulous and i will continue to use it. I wanted originally to find a bronzer from MAC but they are all too orange-y and unrealistic. the colour is amazing and works with my skin and the product lasts forever, i have yet to hit pan on any of my mac blushes. this product blends easily and lasts hours and i just want to scream at the top of my lungs that i found the perfect contouring product!