Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

NEW INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Fumaric Acid, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Salix Alba Bark Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol, Aminomethyl Propanol (05/2011). OLD INGREDIENTS: Lavandula Angustifolia(Lavendar) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Extract, Fumaric Acid, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium CHloride Phosphate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Acrylkates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, AMinomethyl Propanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben 5/20/09

on 12/19/2012 11:03:00 PM

I like the smell of this product, but it does not clean ones face, so its not really a cleanser. You need to use a product prior to this to get all your make up off... I would not recommend it. It is for sensitive skin and you can tell its very calming and not harsh, but it does not clean the skin so defeats the purpose of the product - in my opinion. The special cleansing gel is much better, it foams up and removes dirt and make up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin: combination-dry, prone to clogged pores and blackheads, some fine lines when too dry. ---- I didn't like this cleanser for my skin. I thought I would like the convenience of being able to simply wipe it off but the residue that was left clogged my pores and left my skin surface looking uneven. My skin responds so much better to the AGE Smart routine (I'm only 25 with no visible signs of aging). This caused my skin to get drier and seemingly more irritated over time. The age smart system evened out my skin tone so well and adding this to the mix made it uneven again both in texture and tone. Will be removing this from my routine.

on 7/20/2012 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didnt like this cleanser at all, I find it hard finding a good cleanser that it good for my face, but this left the most disgusting residue on my face after i washed it off.I tried washing the residue off but it stayed there and my skin felt gross all day, this cleanser didn't even help clear my skin, it just gave me more spots, I was seriously unimpressed with this cleanser, it was 26 as well!!! But can i just say, it worked pretty well as a makeup remover, so i thought i should give it 2 lippies. But never again will I buy this cleanser

Ps: yeah I know I'm the only one that's hated this cleanser!!!!

on 7/2/2012 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this cleanser. Not only does it remove all my make up but it also leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed. It doesn't sting when I use it to take off my eye make up and I find it last a long time. It works well with my combination skin and doesn't leave it oily or feeling stripped.

on 3/25/2012 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I have very sensitive, reactive skin, as well as rosacea. I've been using this cleanser for a few days now and have a red blotch on the center of each cheek (think: Pikachu) -- BUT KEEP READING -- this is a huge, huge improvement from the all-over redness I've been living with for the past 10 years or so. No redness on my forehead and chin (except the broken capillaries from the rosacea).

I've tried a lot of redness reducing products over the years, some better than others, but I really like this cleanser. It's non-lathering and can be rinsed or tissued off (I rinse because I try not to "handle" may face much, but it's nice to know tissuing off is an options if I'm somewhere with questionable water quality).

I personally find that it is quite effective in removing my makeup, including mascara. Because it does not leave my skin feeling 'tight,' at first I wasn't convinced that it was removing all the dirt and make up. A couple of swipes with my Paula's Choice alcohol-free toner on a cotton ball proved otherwise.

This product is quite pricy (approx. $34 for 8.4 oz and $51 for 16.9 oz) but a little bit goes a long way. I'll be purchasing the full size soon.

on 3/15/2012 3:06:00 PM

This is not for removing makeup, remember that!
First I use Bioderma Crealine for my eyes to take away heavy makeup, then just a "cheaper" lotion makeup remover to remove the foundation, then I take a gel wash, something to use with water and really massage it into my skin then i wash that of AND THEN AT LAST I USE THIS.
I have it on right now, and I mostly use this as a mask! My skin has never been this glowy and healthy-looking! Keeps pimples away also. Take away with a cloth or just lukewarm water but i never wash it off completely, if i feel a bit like a little is left i leave in on and just take my moisturizer. This has helped my redness like craaazzyyy. So really let the product work its magic, since its for sensitive its obvious it doesnt contain any harsh ingredients duuuh... if u want that then try something with salicylic acid. this works deeep into ur skin if u leave it on for longer! GIVE THE PRODUCT A CHANCE!!!

on 3/11/2012 9:37:00 PM

SKIN: combination, shiny/oily nose, sometimes dry patches, acne scars, hormonal acne along the jawline. (I've had too much peeling from retinol products and ProActiv or clinique #3)

I went into Ulta in hopes of finding something that would finally WORK for me. After talking to both the estecitian and the prestige line manager, they came up with products for me: all dermalogica: the pre-cleanse, the ultra calming line, and spot treatment for acne, tinted moisturizer with SPF. I don't really think I have "sensitive" skin, but the ladies assured me that this would help.

This cleanser is a bit weird. It's a creamy, gel-ish, almost lotion feel. It's weird to get used it. It doesn't suds at all. (I use with clarisonic) It honestly takes a few uses to get used to. However, It makes my face feel amazingly clean and refreshed. (i use the pre cleanse before this wash) It also feels soft and never stripped of moisture like some other cleansers made me feel (proactive, boscia, clinique)

I used the whole "kit" for a few days, but then realized that I really only needed the cleanser. The other products are great (and not on MUA to review!!! :() but this did such amazing things for my skin that I didn't need the others!

on 3/6/2012 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This stuff is SO great for my skin right now. I'm currently on Ziana and Aczone, which makes my skin extremely dry and sensitive. This was the perfect cleanser. I bought the whole line and couldn't be more pleased. I highly recommend this line if you're on retinoids for acne. It's really calmed my skin down, gotten rid of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, and hasn't caused any new break outs. Although, I stopped using makeup. This cleanser probably would not remove makeup very well by itself. But again, it's worth the price tag for people like me that are attempting to make their skin heal.

on 12/31/2011 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

To put it simply.. I LOVE IT!!!!!!
I have dry skin throughout the year, particularly under my eyes (where i also have dark circles of veins naturally, sob :( ) and everywhere on my nose, and this prodcut helps lock in any moisture to these areas!! I don't know how it does it but it IS magic in a bottle!!
Also, I use this for my makeup remover as well, and for that it is THE best one I have come across and I have tried EVERY product in boots (all of which irritate my skin). Nivea and Simple especially make my face bright red they are so harsh on the skin, but this product is an absolute dream, I can't say anything bad about it!!
The packaging is so simple and lovely, especially the pump (I'm a germaphobe!!) and for the price you pay you certainly get A LOT of product!!
No faults with this product whatsoever. I have been using it for 5 years now and it has never failed me yet :) Will always purchase this.

on 12/26/2011 4:14:00 AM

I have sensitive combination skin and this was a so-so product, as it didn't irritate my sensitive skin, and didn't dry out my skin, but it wasn't ideal because it wasn't a strong enough cleanser to clear my clogged pores! It's a gooey viscosity with no noticeable scent, which is wonderful for sensitive skins, and if you have sensitive skin without acne type problems, just the skin sensitivity, then this might be just the product for you! If you're sensitive as well as combination, with the clogged pore problem, then you might have to look for a stronger cleanser, unless you're able to find an exfoliator that's enough for you. For my sensitive skin I would purchase this again if I find a good enough exfoliator, otherwise I'll try to get a more sturdy cleansing solution.