September 22, 2014 | 1884 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Shiseido - The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 4:57:00 AM More reviews by priscillawong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

$26 USD for 4.2 oz. is a little expensive for a remover, but this product works really well! There's a mild scent and no burning sensation. Cute, nozzle-like packaging prevents me from pouring out too much. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 2:21:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

i have tried a ton of make-up removers but i find most leave a greasy film, stings my eyes, still leaves a lot of make-up behind or doesn't do anything. for a while now, i have been using cleansing wipes after removing make-up since it was necessary. even after using a toner, there were still traces of make-up and lots of it. so, i turned to this make-up remover and didn't expect it to be this good. after using this, i would use cleansing wipes as usual and there's nothing on the cleansing wipes!! i thought it was odd so i used a toner after and still nothing. when i looked at my eyes in the mirror, it looks super clean. i love this make-up remover, it's worth my money. =) i was so amazed with the results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by AmazonRises

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite eye makeup removers because it gets waterproof eyeliner and mascara off quickly and easily. My eyes are sensitive to chemical products and so many makeup removers are too harsh; this one is gentle and does not sting at all. My only criticism is that they could be a bit more generous with the product- 4.2 ounces of product does not last very long if I use it daily. I would love it if they make this 6 ounces or more for the same cost.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

I am not particularly loyal towards any eye-make up remover and the Shiseido Instant Eye and Lip makeup remover is no different. I have used a couple of bottles of this already and each time I buy it because it was convinient to buy during lunch. Its a good eye make up remover, gentle on the eyes with no harsh smell. Nothing fancy .. it just does what it's suppose to do. Its around $50 AUD so its not cheap but I refuse to purchase cheaper alternatives when it comes to skin products. I will continue to use buy it every couple of rotation..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by slipping_glimpser

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the eye makeup remover that I keep nearby at all times - while applying and removing. A tiny bit on a q tip is a quick fix to remove overextened liner or any of my typical early morning mishaps.
At the end of the night it is a pleasure to use because 1. it is non irritating, and 2. it removes all traces of mascara without tugging. I squirt some out of the small nozzle on a cotton pad, and hold to my lashes for about 5 seconds or so, and then wipe downwards. I don't use waterproof mascara so I can't attest to how well it does w/this.
This is slightly fragranced but again, it is a pleasant light scent.
Eye makeup remover is typically offered in those gifts with purchase so I have a bunch on my shelf. This is the one, that despite all those free offerings in reach, I have repurchased several times.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by crichardson7

I have very sparse, weak lashes. Accidently taking off one lash when removing makeup wracks my nerves. I use a bit heavier eyeliner to help recreate my lashline, so a very gentle eye makeup remover is a must. I've used Lancome and Mary Kay with not-bad, but not excellent results. Two months ago I purchased Shiseido's Instant Eye and Lip remover ($26), and I purchased their facial cotton along with it ($9.50). When you have eyelashes as frail as mine, cost is not an issue.

The remover is excellent, disolves all make-up, and mascara instantly. More importantly, no lost eyelashes. The facial cotton, $9.50 for a fairly large package, makes all the difference in the world. When I used a regular cotton ball I did not get the same results, I had to tug and swipe more. In addition, I used a lot more product with regular cotton balls. I only need one cotton square for both eyes! The cotton is super, super soft with no fibers. The bottle has a tip on the end making it easier to control the amount of product you put on the facial cotton. A little goes a long way. After two months of daily use, I've only used up 1/2 the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by squishysushi

Very nice product that easily removes my eye makeup (including my waterproof eyeliner and mascara) without having to use a lot of it either. The packaging is very nice; I like the tip that moderates the flow so that you aren't wasteful when using it. There is a slight scent, but I like it. Compared to other name brands, I think Shiseido is priced quite modestly. Definitely worth buying!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Makeupaholic44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I found that it takes a little bit of work to get off mascara but found that if you hold the piece of cotton on the lashes for about 5 seconds, it comes off fine. It is a little on the oily side but I haven't found anything else that will take off the eye make up like this one. I do use their cotton with it which I thinks makes a difference as to how much of the product you use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by laurenmt

I got this as a sample, and I just don't like it. The smell and the consistency, and it doesnt seem to remove all my makeup..except for the shiseido mascara that I also recieved as a sample. I don't think I will ever buy this..I will stick to the big guns of my Vaseline...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2008 3:36:00 PM More reviews by annaalways

This does a great job of removing my waterproof makeup and eyeliner. I just have to keep the cotton ball full of the remover on my lashes for several seconds and then watch the makeup dissolve away. It's definitely pricey. If I can, I try to use Purity (from Philosophy) to get most of my makeup off. But this definitely does its job. It does not leave an oily film on my skin. And I haven't had any issues about breaking on. My skin is sensitive and acne prone.