April 17, 2014 | 1908 users online

Skincare - Body - Weleda - Sea Buckthorn Body Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 2:06:00 AM More reviews by ratyj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love all WELEDA''s body oil, especially this one and wild rose.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Peaches27

Well, I am giving this a good review, for now. I just bought it yesterday so haev only used it twice. I am in search of a natural oil type moisturizer for my acne prone fry skin. I bought coconut oil, but sense have found out that it is a 4 on the comodogenic scale, so will be using that for my body, baths...etc. Then bought Almond oil and used it for about a week- I don't think it helped as much as it has for some others. I actually think it has clogged my pores. My skin is looking yuckier since I moved from Florida to Colorado and am desperate to find something that will work.
EDIT: Eh, 2 days later and I am afraid this is not the miracle product I had hoped for. I think I need to give up trying oils on my face...they just don't seem to give me good results, and I think they are clogging my pores. But...it does smell devine, so I will probably add this to my body lotion or baths...or whatever else I can think of. Just NOT face. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by agrillo72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product due to Weleda's reputation and the reviews left here on makeupalley. I was not disappointed. In fact, I am a true believer in this product for my sun aged skin! At 36, and after one too many summers spent in the sun at the Jersey shore, I needed something to gain back some youthfulness, suppleness and overall vitality back into my skin. This product did that and more! It isn't heavy, it doesn't leave a heavy fragrance and it really does the job that every other mositurizer promises but never delivers. And, at the recommendation of many of you, I have started using it on my face at night before bed and I haven't seen such renewed, refreshed and supple skin in many years. I am a fan beyond words and will recommend this to anyone looking to renew and restore their skin's texture, look and feel!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Ladytron7000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic body oil. I have KP, but otherwise normal-oily skin. I use AmLactin to smooth my arms, thighs and feet, and I add about 1/4 of the bottle of oil to the lotion, which makes it more moisturizing and better-smelling. Used on its own, the oil leaves an orange tint on my very pale skin, but not when mixed with lotion. This oil also has fantastic antioxidant properties, so I think I'm going to add it to my daily face and body sunblock. As far as I can tell, none of the ingredients are comedogenic, so it should work fine. The packaging is totally slippery, though. If I used it straight from the bottle, I'd probably drop it and spill it all over.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by califoregonian

I love this body oil. I have keratosis pilaris on my arms and since I started moisturizing with this the bumps have almost completely disappeared! There's still a little redness left, but no other product has helped my KP as much as this one. It absorbs nicely and leaves skin feeling very soft, but not greasy. It will leave orange marks on clothes if you don't let it sink in before getting dressed, but other than that it's been perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Samaraeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow. This is a new staple for me and I adore the smell. My skin's been acting up lately (probably due to Chicago's crazy weather) and my usual olive or jojoba oil hasn't been working as well. I tried using this on my face and it was the most dramatic overnight result of any product I've ever used. I woke up with glowing, perfect skin. Also, I like the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2007 2:52:00 AM More reviews by meh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! This is the most delicious smelling oil in all of existence. It has a sweet citrusy floral fragrance. The Sea Buckthorn oil gives it a golden color, and the sesame oil gives it a rich, lubricating texture. It's a great alternative to body lotion, I think it's *more* moisturizing than most lotions. Sea Buckthorn oil is full of skin-beneficial antioxidants, and Sesame oil contains selenium.
The glass packaging is impractical but pretty. I love cobalt glass :)
The fragrance is fleeting, it lasts no longer than an hour on me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 5:01:00 PM More reviews by lisa_thejack

Not the easiest oil to rub in but once absorbed leaves your skin really really soft. I hope it'll help prevent pregnancy stretch marks...! EDIT: I finished this and didn't repurchase. Instead I bought Rilastil which I used throughout my pregnancy and not ONE stretch mark!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes this does moisturize but the smell is gross. In the UK, there is a survival specialist called Ray Mears who presents a programme about what our ancestors would have survived on and one recent episode featured the Sea Buckthorn. He had to collect the berries in a bucket before cooking them over the fire. Both he and his colleague were practically gagging at the smell which they described as "fermenting orange juice" and that is exactly what I can smell despite Weleda trying to disguise the odor with mandarin and grafefruIt essential oils. About the only time the scent would be tolerable would be around Christmas when clementines are in abundance.
Don't wear a white dress with this either, the orange color will stain your clothes. Shame because it is very velvety.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Bowker2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best body oil ive over tried, it is rich and super moisturizing but soaks deep into skin fast and doesnt leave any greasy/oily residue, even on hands! It just leaves skin moist and glowy. Im going through my bottle fast, i wish it had a pump so i could know how much im using better! Smells fresh and fruity, and fades after an hour or so. Great after a full body exfoliation!
mmmmmm!!!