August 28, 2014 | 863 users online

Mascara - Kevyn Aucoin - Volumizing Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by salvanica041

I truly and honestly believe I have found my HG mascara! I have pretty long lashes, so I tend to look for volumizing formulas. I was a long time user of Lancome Hypnose, but found my lashes to look really dry at the end of the day. This mascara applies easily--I love the little brush, as I found I can get at every little lash. Yes, the tube concept takes a little getting used to, especially when you wash it off. For the most part, I just make sure that none of the tubes have ended up on the rest of my face after I wash. Afterwards, though, there are literally no traces of the mascara on your lashes or under the eye, so it's almost eliminated my need for a wipe after I wash. I knew I had found a winner when the MAC MUAs asked what mascara I was using! Loves it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Most volumizing mascaras emphasize that they'll pump up your lashes just by the packaging alone. Chubby tubes with monstrous wands that resemble fuzzy caterpillars. Not the case with Kevin Aucoin's --- this one is slim in all aspects...pen-like casing with a short and skinny spoolie brush. Suprisingly, it does noticeably increase the thickness of my lashes without clumping, and I since the brush is so small, I can get into the inner and outer corners easily without fear of poking my eyes out. And the formula of this has a glossy conditioning effect. The only thing that bugs me is the removal - I don't find it particularly easy even with an oil-based eye makeup remover which usually dissolves even the most stubborn liner & mascara. This product comes off in almost eraser-like shavings that get all over my face and even into my eyeball. Maybe if I just use warm water like some reviewers mentioned?...I don't know. It's the cleanup that keeps this mascara's rating from being perfect for me. Still, I'm impressed enough with the product to repurchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Aladyinredpolish

This is a great mascara. It did not bother my eyes, and it kept good all day. It clumped as it got older, as most mascaras do, but it held a pretty long life. I love how it makes your eyelashes a bit shiny, in a healthy natural way. It really helped to keep the volume of my lashes all day and it did not have a bad smell as most do. The packaging was really nice and easy to use. I really like how water takes the majority of it off at night, and you dont need any harsh chemicals or special eye makeup remover product to get it off. It does not leave any black raccoon eye marks the next morning either which is a major bonus. I recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by christine1ca

For whatever reason, the tubing idea did not appeal to me. A couple of salespeople tried to sell this to me and I passed. The last time I bought Kevyn Aucoin at BG, the salesgirl gave it to me. Now I am a believer!
First of all, I never believed the whole "wash off with soap & water" promise. I figured that I'd have to use lots of soap & consequently dry out my face. Not true. I find that warm water works better than cold & I have to rinse a few times to get it all off, but the best part is that regular mascara often leaves me a bit grey below the lashline & I have dark circles, anyway. This mascara comes off in what looks like spider legs, but once you rinse them off, they are gone.
Also, I have now cried a few times with it on & it does not smudge or run.
The best is that it creates a full, false-lash volume--LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 4:49:00 AM More reviews by PrincessScuzzlebutt2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite mascara! I like the slim red tube. I also like the very small brush for getting every lash. It gives crazy volume and a lot of length too! When I have the extra money (lol), this is my HG mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Jujubegirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging, as with all KA products, is beautiful. The wand is long and skinny. The product is pretty good. Little clumping, no flaking. It comes off easily, though it doesn't just dissolve---you kind of have to pick it off. It's a nice mascara. But I don't think it's worth $25. I prefer Rimmel's mascara with the plastic comb brush. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it seperates much better, and doesn't dry so stiff. Also holds curl better. So the cheapie beats the expensive one here.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by kathy_in_california

This is an excellent mascara, although Chanel Inimitable does a little more for my lashes. Like the othe reviewers stated, Kevyn Aucoin's really stays on, no smudges, yet comes off with ease, and lashes look great. Might buy again, but will probably stick with Chanel.

UPDATE 7/25/08: I LOVE this mascara even better than Chanel. Also, it really is smudge free. I finally found my HG mascara!

UPDATE: 6/06/09: Still my HG Mascara! For any mascara junkies, you know how amazing it is to love a mascara this long!

UPDATE: 10/29/10 I try other mascaras in (most recently Lancome Precious Cells), but STILL go back to Kevyn Aucoin - absolute HG mascara!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by shellymac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok - there is a good reason this is $25....it's worth it! My short little lashes looked fabulous after I applied this.

If there were a good drugstore comparison, I would be using it - but there isn't.

The closest to this is Max Factor 2000 Calorie.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Mahrou

fantastic mascara, the best I ever used. smudge free and although it is not waterproof I swim ith it and still it stays where it should be on my lashes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by loudermilk

i put this product to the test last night by actually sleeping in it. woke up dis morning totally smudge freee...actually forgot about it until i hit the showers and started washin my face and tot y i had black stringy materials coming out of my lashes and realized it was the mascara ...oh i so love this product...yes it does tend to clump but this is my FIRST ever TOTALLY -as ADVERTISED smudge free waterproof mascara! so i am just gonna go the extra mile by combing through my lashes after application!