Avon Glimmersticks eye liner

3.9

on 7/30/2013 8:32:00 AM

well it is a black eye liner that's good. goes on nice and soft. no glimmer for something call a glimmer stick but not bad eye line.

on 7/14/2013 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have been using Avon products for a while now taking advantage of my mother being a consoltant and i really enjoy the glimmersticks. I like it becuase it glides on easy like a liquid but isnt as messy like a pencil.

on 6/17/2013 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm an eyeliner fan and most of the time, I have trouble finding an eyeliner that meets my needs 100%. Avon's Glimmerstick comes pretty close. I have it in Blackest Black and its the deepest, velvetiest black I've seen on a twist-up eyeliner. Its almost got a rich suede look to it. It lasts well, and goes on like a dream but the issue I have with it is that I have difficulty applying in between lashes (to fill in the gaps) without it leaving little clumps on my lash itself - probably because its such a soft formula. So what I do is use an angled eyeliner brush to smear it-between instead of trying to apply the pencil directly. For the price, it can't be beat - I've already bought it for myself and for others. Now if only Avon would come out with a deep blue shade!

on 6/14/2013 4:43:00 AM

I am a huge fan of the Avon Glimmersticks Eyebrow pencil but I was very dissapointed with the Glimmersticks eyeliner in black, I have to apply it a few times before I get color on my lids and it comes off within 2 hours! Luckily I bought it on special as it is NOT worth the normal price! I went back to using my Essence eyeliner (which I intially stopped using because it smudges) for the time being until I can find a better eyeliner. The only pro is it did not irritate my eyes like most eyeliners do as I have very sensitive eyes.

on 5/16/2013 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Glimmersticks come in a variety of shades, finishes and formulae that vary from campaign to campaign. Anywhere from $2 to $5 each based on quantities ordered and specific promotions they are very inexpensive.

I like the Liqui-Glide finish and the line called "Chromes" even though the 2 "Chromes" I tried are not metallic at all - one is matte and one is sueded.

on 5/14/2013 12:38:00 AM

I bought a ton of these from a friend who sells Avon. I wanted to like them. However, I had to really push hard to get the color payoff I was wanting. It's such a hassle going over and over the same area to get the same coverage as you would with another liner. They aren't super expensive, but there are better options out there at the same price point. I keep these around for travel or if I happen to run out of other, better eyeliners... but I won't be rebuying them once I run out.

on 4/13/2013 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I purchased 5 of these (at $2 a piece) in two different finishes - 2 in Glimmerstick Diamonds (Golden Diamond and Twilight Sparkle) and 3 in Glimmersticks Chrome (Ultra Violet, Electric Pink and Night Star)... and boy was I disappointed.

The Diamonds are just okay. They tug and pull at your eyelids, but they're workable and they don't tend to dry out. They are the only reason this review got an overall one from me.

The chromes on the other hand... my goodness. These have got to be the worst piece of crap eyeliners I have ever used. Not only do the pull and tug on the skin, but they are dry as hell. Also, they're really chalky... kinda reminds me of that colorful schoolyard chalk. Which is a shame because the colors are very pretty especially Electric Pink and Ultra Violet. Avon has some hits and misses; this is definitely a miss. I certainly won't be repurchasing these.

on 2/3/2013 4:49:00 PM

This product pulls too much on my eyelid to be comfortable. It does not go on smoothly and looks waxy. This is a cheap product and the retractor broke on one of these eyeliners. Garbage.

on 2/3/2013 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I hated this product! It was not easy to use - I had to apply a ton of pressure just to get it to work. I originally bought it to use on my waterline and it was complete crap. I'm not sure if I was just unlucky and got a bad batch, but I would never buy this product again.

on 12/11/2012 11:28:00 PM

I've had mixed thoughts about this eyeliner since I bought it...it's not so bad that I'd throw it in the trash but it's not so great that I'd use it every day.
It has very good colour pigmentation and glides on smoothly but it doesn't last long at all. Whenever I apply this to my waterline, it tends to just run down my face and makes me look like I've got huge dark circles. So I don't really love or hate it...