October 2, 2014 | 927 users online

Eyeliner - Avon - Glimmersticks eye liner

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Ruby885

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased 5 of these (at $2 a piece) in two different finishes - 2 in Glimmerstick Diamonds (Golden Diamond and Twilight Sparkle) and 3 in Glimmersticks Chrome (Ultra Violet, Electric Pink and Night Star)... and boy was I disappointed.

The Diamonds are just okay. They tug and pull at your eyelids, but they're workable and they don't tend to dry out. They are the only reason this review got an overall one from me.

The chromes on the other hand... my goodness. These have got to be the worst piece of crap eyeliners I have ever used. Not only do the pull and tug on the skin, but they are dry as hell. Also, they're really chalky... kinda reminds me of that colorful schoolyard chalk. Which is a shame because the colors are very pretty especially Electric Pink and Ultra Violet. Avon has some hits and misses; this is definitely a miss. I certainly won't be repurchasing these.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This product pulls too much on my eyelid to be comfortable. It does not go on smoothly and looks waxy. This is a cheap product and the retractor broke on one of these eyeliners. Garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by MissGloomy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I hated this product! It was not easy to use - I had to apply a ton of pressure just to get it to work. I originally bought it to use on my waterline and it was complete crap. I'm not sure if I was just unlucky and got a bad batch, but I would never buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by CosmicBaybee

I've had mixed thoughts about this eyeliner since I bought it...it's not so bad that I'd throw it in the trash but it's not so great that I'd use it every day.
It has very good colour pigmentation and glides on smoothly but it doesn't last long at all. Whenever I apply this to my waterline, it tends to just run down my face and makes me look like I've got huge dark circles. So I don't really love or hate it...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by allausmle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrible eyeliner! Bought 4 of them after reading positive reviews. They either changed the quality, or I just don't understand... How anyone can like these? They have no color, you have to press so hard to get any color, your eyes get hurt. Forget about waterline, it will never deposit to the waterline. I bought 4 because they were 4 for $10. I would not pay a cent for them. They make my eyes water as well. Don't burn, or sting, but water, which is weird. Bottom line, please save your money and don't buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by cecilelpham

This is officially my go-to eyeliner! Unlike all the other eyeliners I have, this one does not smudge at all. However it can be hard to wash off sometimes. It's very smooth and easy to apply. Since I'm not a fan of using jet black eyeliner, I bought this in mocha, which actually looks good with brown eyes. Contrary to its name, this eyeliner does not have much glitter (which I prefer anyway). And even though it's cheap, this is way better than the more expensive eyeliners I've tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by grrrrrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this eyeliner because of all the great reviews, but I was pretty disappointed that it didn't work as great on me as it did on others. At first, it glides across my lids smoothly, and it blends like a dream as well if I want a smudged liner look.

However, I can count on this eyeliner to smudge all over the place in about two hours. I do have mildly oily lids, but nothing bad enough for eye makeup to be sliding all over the place. I could understand if it started smearing after hours and hours of wear, but it would start smearing and giving me panda eyes within two hours, tops. :(

It was cheap, and I really liked the fact that it was a twisty pencil, but I have better pencil liners I can use.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by PrincessJude

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It glides on easily and has decent pigmentation. Maybe it's just my oily lids but this stuff gives me panda eyes whenever I try to use it on my water line. It also smudges onto my bottom when I only use it on my top lid. I wished this worked for me as it did for others. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by callmechristy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love ordering avon products so I wanted to try out their Glimmerstick eyeliners. I got 3 in blackest black, cosmic brown, and majestic blue. These eyeliners come in really pretty colors! Their easy to use,however, it may smudge throughout the day. I probably won't buy this product again only because it smudges and does not last long.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, this truly is one very horrible eyeliner. This smudges on me like no tomorrow! I look like a panda! Its sad because, it glides on effortlessly without tugging my eyelids and has a creamy texture and supremely pigmented color-black, not only that this is like super cheapy! But it smudges really badly and made me look like a panda. Maybe with someone who does not have oily lids, this would work out for them. But on me, this is a no-go.