October 31, 2014 | 1541 users online

Cleansers - Fancl - Mild Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by raspo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried several cleansing oils (DHC, Shiseido, a couple of the Shu) and this is the only one that makes my eyes water, and my eyes aren't particularly sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by fayyr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best cleansing oil ever. I only use cleansing oil to remove my makeup, both eye and face. I've tried tons of different brands, but so far, this is the best quality even thought this is not the most price efficiency one. It remove my waterproof mascara in one wash, and really mild. I have really sensitive skin, i even cannot use liquid body wash because they all irritate my skin. My face is even worse, however, this is never break me out or give me any reaction. I also find that cleansing oil can remove some white and black heads as well. So really recommend it if you want to spend some money on cleansing oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by MPH77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am currently on my second bottle of Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil, and so far I love it. I use it to remove my sunscreen +50, before I cleanse my face with a regular cleansing cream. I have sensitive skin, and this stuff does'nt give me any red, dry patches. The downside is the price, I have considered trying a Jojoba Oil, to see if it does the same trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by smilingkathrine

This is an amazing product! I love it so much! I am in my early 20 and my skin is changing from acne prone to more sensetiv and dry. This product is perfect for me, and i will buy it again, although it is a bit pricey!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by ckei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I usually use this to take off my makeup/sunscreen at the end of the day, and I cannot stress how much I love this product. I have tried using other makeup removers, but none of them is as gentle and effective as the Fancl MCO.

There is no mineral oil in it, and it spreads easily on your skin - the packaging (a bottle with a pump-nozzle) allows for easy and hygienic access to the product - I find that two pumps, or roughly a little smaller than a 500Yen coin does the trick.

I would say it's expensive and not worth it *if* it solely removed makeup - however, what sets the Fancl MCO apart is the fact that your skin feels so incredibly soft and smooth after you use it.

(I usually double-cleanse and follow up with a facial foam, but the smooth/soft skin effect is something that stays despite me switching facial cleansers. I don't have this effect if I am having a lazy day and using a cleansing milk/water or wipes, or even the Biore and DHC's Cleansing Oil.)

Instead of simply removing your makeup, I find that it also removes clogged oil-plugs (those hard, round whitehead-ish things? under your skin), and with consistent use of the MCO, there has been an observable lessening of blackheads.

Still, the price is rather expensive for something that expires in a matter of ~4 months, which is why I took off a point on the rating.

Definite would-buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, acne prone skin, full makeup.

EDIT 3/14/13: This now takes 2nd place to Bioderma Sensibio (but doesn't remove WP mascara very well, but better overall for makeup). I would buy Fancl again if I was traveling thru Asia and needed it.

Original Review: Once I finally joined the cleansing oil bandwagon, I went thru several w/ a desire to also remove eye makeup... olive oil and mineral oil broke me out, and for brands, this is my favorite with Boscia running 2nd place.

Passed:DHC, Nude, J&J Baby Oil Gel (mineral oil)

Did not fully remove mascara, auto fail: HadoLado (drying), Biore Makeup Remover Gel (Asian version), Neutrogena wipes

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by macbook313

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hated this product so much and was so disappointed in it. It comes recommended on the skin board so I wanted to give it a try. I'd been using Shiseido cleansing oil for the past 6 months or so and while I like it, I still get clogged pores and wondered if it was contributing to it. I only used this oil ONCE, and in the morning, my face was bright red, it stung, and was broken out. I know there are some plant/flower oils in this, and I do have extremely sensitive skin and have had problems with that type of ingredient in the past.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by eugiegenie

This is an awesome product and it helps remove every type of makeup! I also bought the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil but that was too oily for me and caused outbreaks. This, on the other hand, was less oily and easier to handle, but it was slightly dry for my sensitive/combination skin. It was also able to remove all the makeup on my face, including eye and lip makeup, which would usually require different makeup removers. There's no scent to this makeup and it doesn't contain any preservatives nor harsh chemicals. I would recommend it to those who have normal to oily skin!! =D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by susaeliu

I've been using Bioderma Crealine to take off my concealer or any face makeup I happen to be wearing, and it was making me break out on the areas I used it on (I never breakout on those areas)! Because of its HG status everywhere, it was hard for me to move on and find another makeup remover. In other words, I was in denial that it was not right for my skin. Then I found Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil from all of you! It arrived within 2 days after I ordered, and no more breakouts! Removing makeup is now fun and easy :) I love that it has no preservatives, and face makeup slides right offf.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is lighter and smoother in consistency than the DHC cleansing oil and is also completely scent-free and gentler to use. It's also not as oily as the DHC although this isn't a problem for me personally. This leaves my skin soft and clean without stripping it of moisture, and unlike the DHC, it manages to keep my skin moisturised without having to leave a fine film of moisture behind. This removes my waterproof sunscreen effectively although I find that sometimes I have to do a second pass if I'm using something super waterproof like the Shiseido Ultimate. Unfortunately, this doesn't remove my waterproof eye makeup completely even though I spend extra time rubbing it into my lashes. To be fair, the DHC doesn't completely remove all of my waterproof eye makeup either, although it does remove more than the Fancl.

Overall, the Fancl is a superior product to the DHC as it's definitely the more elegant of the two formulations. After I finish my current supplies of Fancl and DHC, I think I'm going to have a go at making my own cleansing oil as it's way cheaper and I found a good DIY recipe at http://www.dempeaux.com/?p=6365