Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil

4.4

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,Butylene Glycol Diisononanoate,Polyglyceryl-10 diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-20 Octaisononanoate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Behenate, Eicosadioate, Phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/, behenyl dimer dilinoleate, Tocopherol, Stearoyl Inulin, Dextrin palmitate, caprylyl caprylate/caprate.

on 7/18/2012 11:33:00 PM

I got this oil cleanser because of the good reviews on MUA. However, as soon as I started using it, I started getting milia or small acne bumps (not quite sure) around my eyes. I do not normally have any abnormal skin rashes around my eye so I immediately stopped using it. I also do not have sensitive skin. After I stopped using it, the bumps went away.
At the time, I was trying quite a few products so I decided to give fancl oil another chance. Again, the bumps appeared. I only used it for 5 days total so it was a total waste of money for me.
It did take off makeup well, if I remember correctly. Just a warning to future consumers about my skin reaction.
I have found the shiseido oil cleanser to be pretty good.

If you like using oil to remove your makeup, you might like this one, though I personally would prefer using organic oils like jojoba oil. I have only ever tried this one and the one from Origins, I think this is milder and a lot less drying than the one from Origins, and it's at very least as effective, if not more so, in taking off eyes and face makeup.

Out of all the Fancl products I have ever tried, this one is easily the winner, though I stopped using this kind of "commercial oil" to take off my makeup quite some time ago.

on 6/22/2012 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was great at removing makeup. However, it did not work with my skin, which felt stripped after I'd rinsed it off. It also irritated my eyes. My skin does not like detergent cleaners, and I'd hoped that the oil would compensate for that. It was not to be. I think if your skin was less sensitive, then this would work well.

on 6/16/2012 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've tried several cleansing oils (DHC, Shiseido, a couple of the Shu) and this is the only one that makes my eyes water, and my eyes aren't particularly sensitive.

on 6/13/2012 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Best cleansing oil ever. I only use cleansing oil to remove my makeup, both eye and face. I've tried tons of different brands, but so far, this is the best quality even thought this is not the most price efficiency one. It remove my waterproof mascara in one wash, and really mild. I have really sensitive skin, i even cannot use liquid body wash because they all irritate my skin. My face is even worse, however, this is never break me out or give me any reaction. I also find that cleansing oil can remove some white and black heads as well. So really recommend it if you want to spend some money on cleansing oil.

on 5/16/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am currently on my second bottle of Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil, and so far I love it. I use it to remove my sunscreen +50, before I cleanse my face with a regular cleansing cream. I have sensitive skin, and this stuff does'nt give me any red, dry patches. The downside is the price, I have considered trying a Jojoba Oil, to see if it does the same trick.

This is an amazing product! I love it so much! I am in my early 20 and my skin is changing from acne prone to more sensetiv and dry. This product is perfect for me, and i will buy it again, although it is a bit pricey!

on 4/25/2012 4:19:00 PM

I usually use this to take off my makeup/sunscreen at the end of the day, and I cannot stress how much I love this product. I have tried using other makeup removers, but none of them is as gentle and effective as the Fancl MCO.

There is no mineral oil in it, and it spreads easily on your skin - the packaging (a bottle with a pump-nozzle) allows for easy and hygienic access to the product - I find that two pumps, or roughly a little smaller than a 500Yen coin does the trick.

I would say it's expensive and not worth it *if* it solely removed makeup - however, what sets the Fancl MCO apart is the fact that your skin feels so incredibly soft and smooth after you use it.

(I usually double-cleanse and follow up with a facial foam, but the smooth/soft skin effect is something that stays despite me switching facial cleansers. I don't have this effect if I am having a lazy day and using a cleansing milk/water or wipes, or even the Biore and DHC's Cleansing Oil.)

Instead of simply removing your makeup, I find that it also removes clogged oil-plugs (those hard, round whitehead-ish things? under your skin), and with consistent use of the MCO, there has been an observable lessening of blackheads.

Still, the price is rather expensive for something that expires in a matter of ~4 months, which is why I took off a point on the rating.

Definite would-buy again.

on 2/29/2012 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese, acne prone skin, full makeup.

EDIT 3/14/13: This now takes 2nd place to Bioderma Sensibio (but doesn't remove WP mascara very well, but better overall for makeup). I would buy Fancl again if I was traveling thru Asia and needed it.

Original Review: Once I finally joined the cleansing oil bandwagon, I went thru several w/ a desire to also remove eye makeup... olive oil and mineral oil broke me out, and for brands, this is my favorite with Boscia running 2nd place.

Passed:DHC, Nude, J&J Baby Oil Gel (mineral oil)

Did not fully remove mascara, auto fail: HadoLado (drying), Biore Makeup Remover Gel (Asian version), Neutrogena wipes

on 2/24/2012 2:37:00 PM

I hated this product so much and was so disappointed in it. It comes recommended on the skin board so I wanted to give it a try. I'd been using Shiseido cleansing oil for the past 6 months or so and while I like it, I still get clogged pores and wondered if it was contributing to it. I only used this oil ONCE, and in the morning, my face was bright red, it stung, and was broken out. I know there are some plant/flower oils in this, and I do have extremely sensitive skin and have had problems with that type of ingredient in the past.