July 28, 2014 | 963 users online

Treatments (Face) - Biore - Pore Cleansing Strips - Nose

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

Horrible for your pores. Period. It seems great to pull out all of those nasty little buggers, but you are also pulling off skin and causing irritation. It also enlarges your pores. it's a skin don't people.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by GabriellaMariee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does exactly what it says it does. It's amazing! It takes only about 10 minutes to use. The strips really unclogged my pores on my nose. What was great was that i could see the dirt on the strips and my pores are now noticeably smaller!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Dfurbert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using these since I was a tee. And they've worked better for me when in was a teen idk maybe they changed the formula. But they still sort of work now.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by mettashade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would recommend staying far away from these. I used them 1-2 times a month for about 4 months and after I stopped using them, I noticed that I had developed permanent scarring on my nose. At best they provide a very short term solution to clogged pores and at worst they cause bigger pores and scars. If you are worried about clogged pores I would recommend using jojoba oil about once a month, after a bath or steaming your face, to open up pores and wash out the dirt and oil clogging them. Don't use heavy moisturizers, don't pick or squeeze at blackheads, drink lots of water, and most importantly don't obsess. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this every other week because it's a bit harsh on my nose. But it takes out all the gunk and leaves my nose feeling soft. It doesn't get all the blackheads out but it does get out a decent amount. I'm on my fourth box!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by anbright

This product did absolutely nothing for my nose! I had very large pores filled with oils and blackheads. After following the directions and removing the strip, my pores seem bigger and NOTHING is on the strip! I continue to use the box I bought in hope that something will happen, but nothing helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by xoxoEOS

My mother is a cosmetologist and she told me these are bad for black heads because while it takes out your black and white heads, it opens them up further to allow more dirt in as and it also tears some of your skin off, which causes irritation.

As it may be true, I don't care. These things are good if you don't have time for a facial. The irritation goes away in a couple of minutes and my nose looked great.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Rubymm

I love this it's amazing it gets ALL my black and white head out and makes my pores clean as anything!! I love it so much!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I like these. I have been using them for about one and a half year now. I purchased them after seeing a lot of people on youtube say these made their pores bigger. At the time I was using a foundation that seemed to clog my pores a bit, and my boyfriend commented something alongside: "oh, I can actually see the pores on your nose", which isn't a big deal: everyone has pores on their nose, but it was the moment I decided to buy myself some pore strips to try out, even though people said a lot of negative things about them.
I had watched a lot of videos about pore strips and how to use them correctly, and also some videos where people were saying pore strips had done horrible things to their nose, like enlarged pores and broken capillaries. If you actually notice getting more broken capillaries from pore strips, I would recommend stopping using them - broken capillaries don't go away, and some people are just more prone to them.
I only use these when I see my pores becoming a little too visible and know that the pore strip will actually manage to grab onto the stuff in my pores. If you have very clean pores/very small black heads, these strips will not work well. I have just gotten some experience with them and know that under a certain (very small) size, they won't manage to pull anything out of my skin.
In general, I have gotten less congested pores over time using pore strips, they haven't enlarged my pores and I haven't gotten any broken capillaries from them and the redness on my nose after using them goes away very fast (5-10 minutes). My skin is sensitive, and these still work great for me, without causing problems. In the first 5 months I had my nose strips, I used 11 of them. First I used them a week apart, then 2 weeks, then about a month - I know my skin pretty well and don't use unnecessary treatments on it when I know it doesn't need it. I think pore strips for me are way better than trying to squeeze the blackheads out - even with exfoliation and good skin care, I still get them sometimes. Will the strips remove all of the black heads? No, not all - some might not stick to the strips very well, some might rip, some have a shape that makes them difficult to pull out (they have to be squeezed :( ), but in my experience, I have found a technique that works for me: it removes about 90 % of the blackheads.
TIPS FOR USING PORE STRIPS:
You won't get good results if you just stick the pore strip to your nose, so here are some tips:
- do not exfoliate the area you're planning on sticking these too a couple of days beforehand the first time you try these. I would also recommend to not exfoliate a day before because you will take off whatever sticks higher than your skin, and then the strips will not stick to the blackheads very well
- use after a shower or wet a towel with hot water and hold it on your nose - it's much easier to get blackheads out when they have softened a little.
(BTW: pores do NOT open, see here: http://health.howstuffworks.com/skincare/cleansing/myths/pores-in-hotter-water.htm)
Peope that don't have hard blackheads might not need to do this - their blackheads might stick better if they are *not* softened up beforehand
- wet the area where the pore strip goes well, at the same time, keep your hands dry - the pore strip will stick to anything that is wet
- take out the pore strip, rip it in the pre-cut areas, if you want, place it where you want it (takes a little practice) and push down on it pretty hard, massaging over it - this will help the glue reach down into your skin better. You can have a towel near you to dry your fingers on as they might get moist in this process and make the strip stick to them a little. Massage and push down all over the pore strip
- try to not move your face while the pore strip is on, else it will lose contact to some of the skin - smiling and wrinkling your nose with this on is a bad idea
- wait till the pore strip is completely dry and hard before taking it off. Just be patient
- take it off SLOWLY. Recommended method is starting at the sides, going towards the middle, but really, anything works, as long as you do it slowly and steadily
- it is important to wash the area where the pore strip has been - else you might just clog your pores up again
- use a toner after using these - it will clean your pores even a little better and disinfect the area. BTW: your nose will feel strange after using pore strips - it will itch and tingle. I know it feels weird, but try to get over the feeling and don't touch your nose - that will only introduce bacteria again
I think the only problem with this that I see that is realistic is that you might get broken capillaries . You don't want this - it won't go away without laser treatment. Therefore: pull the pore strip off carefully and if it gives you broken capillaries, just stop using these and find yourself a BHA instead, or an enzyme cleanser

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by coylilfox

I used these on and off as a teenager. They're fun to use as you see the little blackheads on the strip afterwards, but I have to agree with the other reviews that say they don't miraculously remove even close to all your blackheads/whiteheads, and you can still see a ton in your nose after. I haven't had breakouts from this product because I always washed the residue off afterwards and followed with toner. I have to agree with other reviewers that it made my pores bigger...