Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 8/12/2014 4:34:00 PM

I seen so many reviews on this product so I decided to buy it. First off the smell is horrible..and secondly it didn't make my skin seem any different. I prefer just using pure alcohol.

on 8/12/2014 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This works on my oily acne breakout prone skin. Even though the ingredients list states 14% alcohol in it, it doesn't irritate my skin in anyway. After using it, I feel refreshed and clean. I like to use this after my cleanser as a toner to remove any residue that may have been left behind after the cleanser. But before my moisturizer. I feel like my skin absorbs my moisturizer better after using the witch hazel.

At first you may think the smell of the witch hazel is a little off putting if you're new to this product. All witch hazel has this smell and it's perfectly normal. After using it for awhile I actually don't notice the smell anymore. I've gone through 4 big 16oz bottles of this stuff already. Recently I have started mixing this with a few drops of tea tree oil and it has made this toner even better.

Give it a try, mix it with your favorite essential oils. The possibilities are endless. Also the price is right for experimenting. It's super cheap at around $4 for a huge 16oz bottle.

on 8/4/2014 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

i am 18 i have oily, acne-prone, sensistive skin works really good, it is not one of those toner that burns . it sooths your skin leaves it nice and soft. the smell it not very nice but it is bareable. a very good product that i stand by.

on 7/30/2014 5:58:00 PM

amazing amazing product. I use it every night after cleansing, and when I wake up in the morning my skin is smoother, brighter and more even. I've been using this for about 2 weeks now and my skin has definitely improved in texture and color. I will always keep this product near me!

on 7/16/2014 2:33:00 PM

who else buys stuff after randomly finding it in the drug store and then decides "tomorrow's the day i start!", bring it home, and just never, ever touch it again??

I'm guilty. I bought this toner about 2 years ago, and it has been sitting in my mirror cabinet in the bathroom since. I've even moved a year ago, and still, it sat in this bathroom mirror cabinet.

I used it, non consistently, once a week here, once a month there....once every 6 months. I found toners to be SUPER annoying, and often times wondered if this extra step is even worth it, or necessary.

I have combination skin. some areas are normal, some are extremely oily, and some are dry. this summer has not been good to me. my face oil-ing out every chance it got, melting make up off of my face. setting prays didn't help, and that's when i started doing research to find products to help my skin be less oily, and i found reviews on dickinson's witch hazel toner. and then i remembered, "don't i have this living in my bathroom??"

I've used it consistently for about 3 weeks now. Every night i wash my face, and tone, and moisturize. i really do notice a difference. aside from eliminating excess oil, i noticed my pores are smaller, my skin tone is even, and dark spots from the occasional adult acne are disappearing/fading quicker. in fact when aunt flo came to visit me (which was roughly 2 weeks in of using this stuff) i noticed that i didn't get those horrible cystic, "i'm turning 13 again" pimples i usually get when my hormones are out of whack. quite surprising. i use less moisturizer/product, and don't feel the need to slather my face with cream. it has really worked out so well for me.

based on my experience with this product, i give it 5 lippies. i had this gold mine sitting in my bathroom and following me from one house to the next, and i had no idea what i was NOT using...

i only use this once a day, at night only. it has given me amazing results.

on 7/8/2014 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my go-to toner. I've been using it for about 5 months and absolutely love it. I have extremely oily acne prone skin and this didn't irritate it at all. I use it twice a day, right before my moisturizer in the morning and right after washing my face at night.

PROS:
-VERY cheap - around $4 for a huge bottle
-Can be found at any drug store/major retailer
-Doesn't dry out my skin
-Makes my skin feel very refreshed
-Dries out my pimples
-Takes out any excess makeup you may have missed

CONS:
-The smell is a little strange..but I think that's how all witch hazel smells. You get used to it.

on 7/8/2014 10:13:00 AM

I've been using this since I was about 14, and was just starting to get that horrible acne and didn't know how to control it.. and I'm still using it! My skin has gone through havoc from different medications, weather changes, different climates etc.. from extremely oily, to dry, to combination you name it! This is honestly the only toner I come back to again and again and doesn't mess with my skin. I've used Dermalogica, Clean and Clear, Formula 10.0.6, Garnier, Neutrogena and they all seemed to dry out and irritate my skin even more than all the madness that was going on at the time! Okay, so I will admit the smell is HORRIBLE and everyone in my house knows when I've used it because of the scent, but hey.. If it cleans your face then who cares? It keeps my skin at a normal balance.. doesn't dry it out or make it more oily which I love! Another great thing about this is the fact that it can be used for other things other than the face, like shaving rash/cuts etc. I use this in the mornings before I apply my moisturizer, to prep for makeup and before bed, before applying my moisturizer! I don't know what else there is to say really.. It's just a basic toner and necessity in my skincare routine and does what I want it to do!

on 7/5/2014 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I read a lot of good things about healing acne and facial issues with witch hazel but it only made mine worse... I used it as a toner and I developed large cysts under y skin. I still gave it a high rating though because it works great to clean cuts and scrapes on other parts of the body

on 6/29/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is such an amazing toner for oily skin. It definitely diminished my breakouts and kept my face less oily for longer. The only down is the smell, but this stuff works, so I deal with it :)

This is for the original yellow formula: I have replaced all other astringents with this witch hazel, and my skin loves it! It helps keep my skin clear, and reduces oil production. I also use it to tend to ingrown bikini line hairs, reduce itchiness from bug bites, and the occasional back breakout. Great product overall!

Popular Face Skincare Products