December 22, 2014 | 1797 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Kiehl's - Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by chooky12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a thick, hydrating, non offensive eye cream.

A little goes a long way and despite it's thickness it absorbs quickly into the skin.

I tend to use it more at night tme, but after reading some of the reviews perhaps I might use it more in the day as a base for under eye concealer. I have a number of fine lines under my eyes so wanted something that would give a burst of moisture.

This hasn't been earth shattering for me, but I'm certainly enjoying using it and my skin does feel nourished.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by nicoleharn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eye cream is definitely worth the price. At first I was hesitant reading the mixed reviews, however this eye creamworks better when you have understand the product and the correct way to apply it. I am 20 years old and have fairly oily skin so I am not looking for anti-aging in an eye cream. The assistant at the Kiehls counter recommended this and noted that moisture is a key way to prevent aging. She showed me that the correct way to apply this is take a pea sized amount on your ring finger and rub/warm it up by rubbing your two rings fingers together then dabbing under the eyes. The eye cream works great morning and night, brightens and moistures and works well under makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Concealergeek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My new fav. I have combo skin but very very dry skin around my eyes that is getting worse with age. I use anti ageing products as I have lines and puffiness, but they never moisture enough. I have found the solution. I put Eyesilix first and then Kiehl's avocado cream on top. You have to pat it on, let dry and then apply your make up. I see a big difference in my under eye area. Concealer doesn't crease and doesn't sit into any lines. I am very happy with this product

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by superfroggie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that I am really, really picky with eye creams. Their texture has to be right, their smell has to be non-offensive, their price has to be reasonable and of course you need to be able to see results!! Well, this eye cream combines all four!! The texture is creamy but instantly transforms when you apply it on the skin to almost water-y consistency that is best absorbed if you gently pat your fingers around the area. If you are using this as a day cream, it is best to leave it be for a couple of minutes before applying any make-up on top. It smells of nothing in particular so it's great for all people with sensitive noses and the price is very, very reasonable.As for the results....well I can go on for days! It is, as you would expect with an avocado-based cream, very moisturizing. Furthermore, it is very nourishing. I have very thin skin under my eyes which oftens feels irritated and itchy and I also have bad dark circles. The more I used this, the more it seemed the skin under my eyes, felt...(for lack of a better word) thicker and nourished. As it is so moisturizing, there was no itchiness or redness and the lines around the eyes looked softer. That is great from a cream that claims no particular anti-wrinkle benefits!! The dark circles were definitely diminished after 3 weeks of use (probably because as I said the skin under my eyes wasn't as thin anymore so they were less obvious). Overall, I would definitely, absolutely recommend and then some.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a nice nighttime moisturizer. It is quite heavy yet sinks in nicely. Get yourself to Kiehl's and ask for a sample!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by areeminouche

Favorite for me as well as my husband. It is recommended for people aged 20s but it continued to work for me (though in very late 20s) and my husband too! I feel that it is nourishing and sufficient enough if you do not have a lot of wrinkles to fight yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Angie9024

A little goes a long way with this fantastic eye cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by parentheses

I think if I hadn't been shown how to use this cream at the Kiehl's store, I wouldn't like it as much as I do. You're only supposed to take the equivalent of a pin head's worth of cream for each eye, and dot it around until it turns into a watery substance. I tried spreading it on a particularly dry day and the results were no good, too goopy.
The reason why I particularly like this cream is that it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. I have controlled blepharitis, but as the treatment can leave the area around my eyes very dry, finding a cream that keeps things in check without making my eyes water has been very helpful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by PixxiDust

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best eye cream ever. Reasonably priced when compared with the results. My eye area is brighter and the small lines are less visible. One of my eyelids was dry and slightly flakey and this totally sorted it after about 3 weeks. It is a little greasy when first applied, but it sinks in well. I apply a small amount during the day and slightly more at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Geniebean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you think this eye cream is too greasy or oily, you're NOT using it correctly.

This eye cream is unique in that it is a water in oil emulsion ( water droplets are dispersed in oil), not an oil in water emulsion like most other creams.

This means you need to break the water to oil bond by rubbing the eye cream on your hand before applying.

Try it for yourself and you'll notice a surprising burst in moisture and a change in consistency.

So why would kiehls make a product so complicated it needed special instructions to serve its purpose?

Because this eye cream is something special. Water in oil emulsions are less irritating, less prone to bacterial infection, won't migrate and are more hydrating

The color comes from the orange color of beta carotene and the bluish hue of copper pca ( both antioxidants)
No colorant added.

I used to work for kiehls, and this was one of the coolest products

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No