April 19, 2014 | 921 users online

Treatments - Joico - k-pak deep penetrating reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by amethyst123

Let me describe how my hair was before: the hair framing my face was an ABSOLUTE DISASTER. there was NO moisture in it at all. i dyed it too often and it left me with hair so dry and frizzy, that when you touched it, it was coarse and "crispy." it looked like wires, the hair was nearly zig zag. i was desperate for a solution. after trying multiple products to save my hair, i stumbled upon this on MUA. this SAVED my hair. my hair isnt super shiny and healthy looking yet, but its now manageable and looks like normal hair. after using this i use the loreal re nutrition deep conditioner. im so thankful for this product. a must have for people with extremely damaged, over processed hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Chall6464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My dry overhilighted hair feels so soft and moisturized after using this! I used to use the Schwarzkopf repair rescue which was nice but nowhere near as good as the Joico product. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by BrunetteHairGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yet again another amazing product that Joico has turned out. Girls this is worth your money. I am a professional in the industry and this product doesn't ever let me down. If your a fan of this one then try the intense hydrator it makes hair like butta!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by smsbell

Love this stuff. I have long hair that I take good care of to keep healthy. I rarely heat style it, I wash it every other day, and I am constantly trying deep conditioners. The world of protein treatments is new to me and I must say, it makes a BIG difference. I do color and/or highlight my hair and using this treatment once a month (less if not needed) and following it with a good deep conditioner keeps my hair very healthy and strong and allows me to keep playing with colors and highlights without getting damaged or straw like hair (I've gone from blonde highlights for years to deep red to brunette to almost black back to blonde highlights mixed with color - all in two years). Good stuff. Buy it. I do hate the packaging though as when your hands are wet, good luck popping open the cap. I have to use a rag to get good traction and get the sucker open. Some reviewers complained about the smell and it really is not that great, but it's in for NO MORE than five minutes and you rinse it out and follow with a conditioner so I've never noticed the smell in my hair after that so I don't really care what it smells like since it works.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

im not with the group on this, it dried out my hair horribly, made it look like i had left bleach on the ends, a melted frayed mess etc.

complete waste of money, i will stick with Kerastase for high end and Lee Stafford for low end.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Excellent protein treatment, it absolutely works. My hair is in pretty good shape damage-wise, but I heat-style and color-treat it, and I do have problems with breakage and shedding. Very frustrating as I'm trying to grow my hair long. Sometimes the amount of hair I lose when I shampoo is alarming, seriously. Using this, I saw a significant reduction in breakage after only one or two applications. Prior to this my favorite protein treatment was Nexxus Emergencee, but this one is so much easier to use. I just have to leave this on for about 10 minutes or so between my shampoo and conditioner (because this is NOT a conditioner). Amazing results. I am enjoying stronger, healthier hair because of this protein reconstructor. If you have problems with breakage or shedding, definitely give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by NikNika52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because my hair looked and felt brittle. I have relaxed aa hair. It is thick and dries out really easy. This product will now and forever be a part of my hair regimen!! It put everything back in my hair that heat damage had taken away from it. I followed it with the Moisture recovery conditioner( important! never forget to follow with a moisture conditioner after a protein treatment) and my hair looks the best it has in a long time. It looks thick and healthy.
PS: If you can't bite the bullet on the price then try visiting ULTA where they have the travel sizes for like $4. A travel size can last at least 2 or 3 applications.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lovetoshop31

This product is AMAZING! I read several reviews and in the winter months have trouble with breakage and split ends.. bought this recently and after only one/two uses notice a HUGE difference in my split ends and breakage. Breakage almost never happens anymore (and I straighten my hair daily - GHD), and my hair doesn't feel nearly as dry as it did, it's locking the moisture in without making my hair oily either.. love this product and will continue to purchase it again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Heath32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, this stuff is great. I don't color my hair, or blow-dry it, and I've been trying not to straighten it too much, but since it's very fine in texture, and fair, it gets damaged very easily, and it's very obvious when I have split ends/frizz, etc. Also, blondes have naturally drier hair. I've always coveted those girls who have smooth, Disney princess hair, and after using this, I think it's achievable! I used it in the shower at night, after shampooing, and I felt like it didn't do anything, but the next morning my hair was so smooth! (even after sleeping on it damp) My layers all fell nicely instead of sticking out everywhere, and my ends looked as nice as if I had just gotten a trim. I didn't even use it with conditioner, so I can't imagine how soft my hair would be if I had. I definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by rburney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my reconstructor of choice. Prefer this to Aphogee for results, ease of use, and smell. I usually use with the Chelating (now clarifying) shampoo and cuticle sealer. I skip the Hydrator and instead use Design Essentials Express Instant Moisturizing Conditioner. Type 4 hair that I straighten a few times a month. YMMV.