Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 4/30/2015 3:53:00 PM

i love this. sucks out all the oils. i break out a a lot and i use this once a week, normally i use my Aesop masks which are my holy grail but if i didnt have those... i wouldnt mind this one. and for the price... this stuff is really amazing.

on 4/23/2015 8:51:00 PM

Meh, it's ok. Nothing remmarkable, and I've used a lot of other masks that are stronger and work better than this one.

on 4/23/2015 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was not an impressive mask. Did nothing for my acne and dried me out. Sulfur just doesn't work for me I guess. I ended up giving this away.

on 4/21/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I usually have pretty clear skin, but I keep this around as a spot treatment whenever a particularly gnarly spot shows up. It definitely reduces some of the swelling and does seem to help get rid of it when used in conjunction with BP. Probably thanks to the sulfur. Every now and then I'll use it as a true mask during the summer, but it doesn't really do much in that case nor would I expect it to. The one thing that bugs me is that the smell seems to linger even after thorough removal, so I end up having to cleanse again afterwards.

on 4/20/2015 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I keep buying this- it works! Besides being a great mask for me my husband uses it for when he feels one if those painful under the skin pimples coming on and it literally goes away before it becomes anything! This is a must have in our house. You can get It almost anywhere but our dollar store even carries it!

on 4/19/2015 9:02:00 PM

This mask is fantastic. After reading reviews on makeupalley (Thank you, guys), I decided to try this product for myself. I've been using it for a couple months now.
Every time I use this mask, my skin is matte, tight, and clean. The trick is to only use it on your oily skin. For some people, that might just be t-zone, for others might be their whole face. I specifically use it on my nose and forehead. The mask dries as a hard clay, and feels lovely and tight.
I have it in the tub packaging, obviously not as hygenic as the tube but its lasted me a while so far. The smell is a lovely spearmint. Will definitely buy again when I run out!

I bought this mask in tub form about a year ago and it hasn't disappointed me! It is extremely affordable, smells great (not overbearing), and actually does most of what it claims to do. I haven't really noticed any changes in my oil production but it definitely helps minimize my large pores and gives my face a deep clean feeling. I use it as a pick me up when my skin is acting out and it helps calm (not eliminate) any breakouts I have. If you haven't, definitely check out the mint julep scrub!

Great mask. Seems like it would be great for any skin type too. For the price this stuff is totally worth it :)

on 4/6/2015 12:25:00 PM

Pros:
- consistency is thick, stays firm on the face
- I used this probably 2-3 times a week when I broke out REALLY BAD, and it actually healed my face by minimizing the whiteheads that were really red
- nice mint smell and is really cooling
- hardens on the face when it dries, making my face feel really clean
- really affordable

Cons:
- very hard to get every bit of the mask with a squeeze tube, but nbd. I just cut the tube in half when I'm at my last drop
- not sure whether it even helps with oil production? probably not

Overall, really great and affordable product for my acne-prone skin. Would definitely repurchase!

on 4/3/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing! I have been using Queen Helene product's since I was a teenager, and am about to be 35. This particular product is my favorite, and really helped my acne prone skin. I also have less black heads, and tighter, brighter skin after each use. I use about once a week. I steam my face to open up my pores, dry it, then apply a very nice coating to my face and neck. leave on for about 30 minutes, and use a hot wash clothe to take the masque off. I then exfoliate with St. Ives acne prone formula, use a cotton ball with rose water as a astringent, and then use a coconut oil, lemon, and tea tree oil mixture as a moisturizer. I can honestly say that I have the face of a 25 yr old having used this combination for the past 5 years.

Popular Masks