December 21, 2014 | 1700 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by jmparc

Disclaimer: I've only used it for two days. I might post another entry after two weeks.

I'm aware that it's recommended for masques to be applied once or twice a week, but given my skin's reputation (i.e. tenaciously oily, large pores, stubborn blackheads, hyper-pigmentation), I decided to apply Julep's masque every night for 45 minutes, as opposed to what's suggested on the package.

However, I primarily use it as a spot-treatment and don't swathe my whole face with it.

As someone who's suffered from trials of acne solutions for over a decade, this product is undoubtedly my best purchase yet.

After two applications, my pores are noticeably smaller, my blackheads appear less prominent, and my pimples diminish significantly every night. Dare I say, I even feel comfortable going out sans makeup!

While I'm still on the look-out for a product that can effectively and permanently eliminate blackheads, I'm immensely satisfied with using this masque as an interim treatment for various trouble-spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

Very inexpensive & effective mask. I agree with most of the other posts-great after steaming & really dries active acne or blackheads. Great for clear, oily skin too. Classic! I've been using this mask for over 10 years. I always go back to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by jingwoo

this is my holy grail breakout mask!!! i apply it on my pimples overnight and tadaaaa it disappears the next morning! its really great for breakouts and pimples. and its really cheap, I'll definitely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 6:57:00 AM More reviews by isleofesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Old faithful, everyone and their mama knows about this masque. It works,simple as that.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by rach29

Really love this mask. Makes me face feel smooth and sucks out all those hard to get black heads! The only thing I dislike is the lingering smell after I wash it off. Overall, excellent mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by ilyjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this masque for about 10 years (I'm 23) and it has never failed me. I have very oily acne prone skin with redness and large pores and the Mint Julep Masque addresses all of this. After cleansing my face, I apply a thin layer all over it and wait about 10 minutes for it to dry and then wipe it off. My skin instantly feels smoother, and it really calms the redness. I have used more expensive higher end masks and I didn't get results as good as this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by jsscavt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great product and for an amazing price! I would recommend this product to anyone who is in search of clear skin. it works wonders!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by annex1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite face mask ever! It smells amazing, helps soothe skin, fade redness, clear skin and leaves skin glowing after you wash it off! I cleanse my face over the sink, pat dry, apply an even coat of the mint julep face mask over my entire face and neck, wait about 45 minutes, go in the shower and then rinse it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by tangletongue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved this masque - but unfortunately, I'd be a bit wary of using the new, redesigned, formula. It is almost exactly the same but with the addition of spearmint tree oil! Since the package touted itself as the "original formula" I assumed it was the same, original formula and had a bad reaction to it.

If you don't react to spearmint tree oil, go for it! I really love this masque but can no longer use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by marcy93

I was a bit wary of this stuff just because of the incredibly low price coupled with raving reviews-I just had a hunch it wouldn't work for me. For reference, my skin is extremely acne-prone and sensitive so I was worried it would cause new breakouts or irritate my skin.
I decided to use it as spot treatment on 3 giant pimples and left it on for a good 45 minutes and rinsed it off. Of course, nothing changed in that time period but when I woke up the next morning I noticed that they had shrunk considerably. Although this mask doesn't zap them away, it definitely helps lessen them. I strongly suggest giving it a try :)