October 21, 2014 | 1314 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by GlossyGal05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW - that should be enough to tell you what a great product this is. Let me just start off by saying this is a skin saver. I am a teenager with combination, acne-prone skin so believe me when I tell you I know how it feels to struggle with your skin. I am always looking for products to clear my skin and make it look healthier. I always struggle with acne and that can be a very damaging to your confidence and self-esteem, so I went out to look for something that would help clear up my acne and make my skin smoother. I came across an acne system (I provided a review of it already, it's called Equate Beauty Acne System) that works wonderfully but it dried out my skin terribly because of the Benzoyl Peroxide. I am very hopeful with all the products I use on my face so I tend to over use them hoping to see results. I used this everyday for a week and it totally sucked all the moisture out of my face and left me with an embarrassingly dry face that just would not return to it's original state. A week went by without using the acne system and my skin still looked terribly dry. I kept lathering on moisturizers all day but they didn't help at all. Then I saw a post online that stated Aquaphor helps heals skin and I remembered that I had many of these little tubes of product in my cabinet.

(My mother was shopping in our local drugstore one day and she saw a huge basket of filled with .14 oz sample tubes of this product so she decided to grab a whole bunch (and boy, I sure am glad she did!) of these little miracle workers. Whenever I get a sample or buy a new product I immediately look up reviews for them to see how well they work and how they are rated, so that's just what I did. I saw that this product is highly rated ranging from 4.7-5 stars from various sites so I decided that I would try it since it has worked for so many people. )

So when it was time to wash my face I cleansed my face thoroughly and applied my moisturizer on afterwards. Then I grabbed the little tube of this and applied a light layer of my entire face to "seal in" the moisturizer. I was very hesitant to try this product out on my face just because I am acne-prone and the ingredients scared me, but the reviews were great and I just wanted my skins moisture to return back so badly so I figured I had nothing to lose. I went to sleep and I woke up the next morning and WOW. My skin's moisture was fully returned and my face looked so dewy and was so soft - wasn't dry at all. After constantly applying moisturizer to my face and not having that work I was so shocked. My skin looked brand new and I didn't feel any new forming breakouts. A few days have passed and my skin is not dry at all and still no breakouts. I am beyond ecstatic that I have this product and will forever continue to use it. I have about fifteen .14 oz sample tubes (which last such a long time) so I keep one in my room, one in my purse, one in my car, basically I have one with me wherever I go.

If anything changes I will provide and updated review but all I can say is this is a true miracle worker. Don't deprive yourself from this and try it, you will be happy you did!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading rave reviews about this I thought I'd try it out. It's not available where I live unfortunately, so I bought it from a reputable ebay seller. By the time I paid postage it wasn't cheap but it is a good product.

On my dry lips it feels like a really soothing balm. It's very thick, think Vaseline type thick but feels more medicinal if that makes any sense.

I've also used it very sparingly on dry heels/elbows and on my cuticles as part of a manicure.

I love the tube it's very hygienic, and I love that once applied it lasts for a while. I'm switching between Egyptian Magic cream and this on my lips. This lasts longer once applied, but EG cream sinks in quickly - I'm not sure which is better but they're both good.

I couldn't possibly apply this to my skin though. I've read some people use this as a night moisturiser - gross. It's way too thick for that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by kimk

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow - this stuff has saved my poor sore nose! I've had a stupid cold for about 3 weeks, and my nose was so sore I could hardly stand to put a kleenex (or puffs ultra soft, actually) to it. Then I used this on it, and literally within an hour, it was barely sore! I dunno what sort of elfin magic is in this but I'll never be without it again! It's also great on badly chapped lips, and hideously dry hands! (says the dried out voice of experience...) If you have dry or sore skin, yuo really should try this on it. It's greasy for a while, but your skin will thank you for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by nikki342

HG OF LIP PRODUCTS! it does what it claims to do --HEAL! I have very dry, chapped lips that i have a horrible habit of picking at. However, all the damage that I can create can miraculously be reversed by one nightly application of this ointment. I wake up with my lips being moisturized and visibly repaired! Nothing else has done that -- not EOS, carmex, or burts bees. It is amazing, fast, and effective!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

If you're looking for something that's gonna fix even the most dry patches, THIS WILL DO THE JOB!
Okay, so skin is kinda weird, it's combinated, acneprone, sensitive, dehydrated/dry, but these winter months have been really tough for my skin. On both cheeks I've had such dry patches and flaky skin to the point were I couldn't even wear makeup!

THIS STUFF SAVED MY SKINS LIFE!
Since it's really greasy (just like vaseline), I applied this at night time only and let it do its job overnight. After only 2-3 days my skin wasn't flaky anymore, and now after 1 week my dry patches are almost gone. And the best part; I can wear my makeup again!

This has deffintly become a HG product, the only thing I don't like is that it breaks me out!
Not horribly but I've gotten some red spots and bumbs were I've used it, and because of that I can't give it 5 "lipsticks".
However I almost saw it coming when I read the ingredients.
Lanolin, parrafium, etc. Not good stuff. Especially if your skin is prone to acne and breakouts.
The small spots I've been getting isn't anything that's stopping me from using this. I can easily cover them up, and I rather have them than skin that's dry, flaky and red.
So just as a warning, NEVER USE THIS ON ACNE-PRONE AREAS. It will for sure mess it up completely.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am in love with Aquaphor! It has got to be one of the top multi use products I own. I like it more than Vaseline, though the consistency is similar, because unlike Vaseline, it sinks into the skin, is less greasy, and just feels smoother and more luxurious. I use it every day and night for everything from moisturizing dry lips and cuticles, even sometimes as an undereye ointment and to soothe my bikini line post-waxing (it works incredibly for that!). I've read that Aquaphor is also safe for use on infants, to soothe chafed skin from diaper rash...in fact, it can even be found in the baby care aisle. I waxed my own bikini line recently (ouch!) and I read that Aquaphor is great for soothing irritated skin and getting rid of pesky red bumps...I applied it before bed, and I swear in the morning, my skin was back to normal with hardly a red bump to speak of! That was totally unheard of before now! I swear by Aquaphor and will not go back to using subpar products. This stuff works, period. HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Bellavistarn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. Yes, it's greasy feeling when you first put it on and takes a while to absorb but it's absolutely worth it. There is nothing else I have tried that makes my heels feel and look soft. I get cracks on my fingers during the winter that are painful and this ointment heals them overnight. It's great on lips and I have used it on my forehead before because this area of my face is especially dry. At first, I didn't get how this ointment was different from Vaseline but it has other ingredients that promote healing. I am a nurse by profession and have used medical strength ointments on myself and patients that don't even come close to the healing power of Aquaphor.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this stuff...everywhere but my face.

I live in a very dry, cold state, so in the winter my hands can peel and crack even when I use lotion regularly. By putting this on at night, it was like my hands were born anew. Same goes for my cracked heels, and my super dry elbows. For those areas, this is simply indispensable. It does apply like vaseline at first, but (I believe) the lanolin in it adds an extra healing quality to it that vaseline just doesn't have. And unlike straight lanolin, this doesn't keep my skin sticky forever, it actually sinks in over time and is just far more cosmetically elegant. (However it will leave you shiny if you don't wipe it away during the day)

On the other hand, based on many of the reviews on here, I tried using it on my face, which was aggravated by my Retin-A Micro usage. While it DID feel soothing and get rid of my peelies, it also ended up giving me zits. The nice, deep, painful ones. I have tried it a few times over this month to see if it was a fluke, but every single time I use it on my face, zit city. HOWEVER, I do know that this works for many people on their face with great results, so just remember to patch test and see how you personally respond to it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Amreen3189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AMAZING!

A few weeks ago, my skin was peeling like CRAZY. I could feel the dryness as I was speaking because my face felt so..tense. I quickly looked up a remedy on MUA and came across this product. I headed over to Walmart and purchased the tub for ~$6.

I mixed a tiny bit with my tazorac (acne medication) and it immediately felt better. I woke up the next morning with less dryness. I've been using this for about a week so far and the dryness is all gone!

I mix it with my tazorac at night, I put a little bit on in the morning (underneath my SPF), I use it on my lips (makes them SO soft) and I even put this on after shaving. It makes my skin feel amazing!

The thing you have to realize with this is that a little goes a long way. You can very easily look like a greaseball so remember that :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by DonnaJazzhands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only ointment that relieves my chapped lips and dried hands. Love it, and will repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No