July 31, 2014 | 988 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this stuff...everywhere but my face.

I live in a very dry, cold state, so in the winter my hands can peel and crack even when I use lotion regularly. By putting this on at night, it was like my hands were born anew. Same goes for my cracked heels, and my super dry elbows. For those areas, this is simply indispensable. It does apply like vaseline at first, but (I believe) the lanolin in it adds an extra healing quality to it that vaseline just doesn't have. And unlike straight lanolin, this doesn't keep my skin sticky forever, it actually sinks in over time and is just far more cosmetically elegant. (However it will leave you shiny if you don't wipe it away during the day)

On the other hand, based on many of the reviews on here, I tried using it on my face, which was aggravated by my Retin-A Micro usage. While it DID feel soothing and get rid of my peelies, it also ended up giving me zits. The nice, deep, painful ones. I have tried it a few times over this month to see if it was a fluke, but every single time I use it on my face, zit city. HOWEVER, I do know that this works for many people on their face with great results, so just remember to patch test and see how you personally respond to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Amreen3189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AMAZING!

A few weeks ago, my skin was peeling like CRAZY. I could feel the dryness as I was speaking because my face felt so..tense. I quickly looked up a remedy on MUA and came across this product. I headed over to Walmart and purchased the tub for ~$6.

I mixed a tiny bit with my tazorac (acne medication) and it immediately felt better. I woke up the next morning with less dryness. I've been using this for about a week so far and the dryness is all gone!

I mix it with my tazorac at night, I put a little bit on in the morning (underneath my SPF), I use it on my lips (makes them SO soft) and I even put this on after shaving. It makes my skin feel amazing!

The thing you have to realize with this is that a little goes a long way. You can very easily look like a greaseball so remember that :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by DonnaJazzhands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only ointment that relieves my chapped lips and dried hands. Love it, and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

Hands down one of my favorites and it lasts forever! It is a life saver for dry hands and lips during the dry, cold Midwest winters. It is greasy, but I don't even care. The greasy feeling goes away after awhile and when I am using this it usually means my hands are in sad, painful shape.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have about two giant tubs and probably two or three tubes of this in my house.I use it on my eczema (on my arms),dry patches on my face,and my lips. I put it on at night and in the morning,and I wake up with soft lips!I really should buy a tube to carry around at school.:D you usually don't need a lot of this,so it lasts a looping time.when u put it on ur lips,it doesn't really have a taste either,which is a bonus,and it pretty much smells like nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by jackieshoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this since high school when it was recommended while I was taking Accutane. I have used it since. Whatever ailment I may have, a light coat of this miracle and it's all better! My mom went through radiation treatments for breast cancer and they gave her a ton of tiny tubes to help with radiation buns... I love this stuff!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by jesalyne24

This stuff is fantastic-even though it resembles your standard petroleum based products, it's far from it. I mainly purchased it to use as a lip product, as I am a lip balm junkie, but now I use this stuff from head to toe. However, the thing that seriously impresses me is the fact that I can smear this stuff across my dry facial skin at night and awake to a soft, supple, non greasy face - and no sign or fear of looming breakouts because it doesn't clog my pores.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by charchar5

A really great ointment. I use this over my eye moisturizer at night and it really locks it in.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by kelsey1219

I cannot survive the winter without this ointment. As someone who occasionally experiences eczema patches as well as contact dermatitis on my face, I can honestly say this product works miracles. Just a day ago, I had an area on my chin that was so irritated, it cracked and bled in several places (not pretty). I immediately applied a thin layer of the Aquaphor ointment and the irritation literally healed overnight. The cracking and redness have completely vanished, and I am so grateful to have found this product. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ekat12

Love Aquaphor ointment for dry anything- lips, hands, feet.

It is very soothing and thick in consistency. I personally love it for my lips. It's also very cost effective and readily available in drug stores and grocery stores.