Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 3/5/2015 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Aquaphor. What CAN'T I say about this. Must have, staple, HG, essential, and so on and so on! This product is EVERYTHING. I have a wandering eye and cheat with other products (shame shame) but I come home evvvvvery time. I mainly use this on my face at night after washing, concentrating on my eye area. Sometimes I pair it up with night cream for extra moisturizing. It doesn't break me out or anything! Dry hands, raggedy cuticles, small bumps due to dry skin on the back of thighs & arms, rough elbows & knees, a less than glowing face....this product can smooth and soften all!

on 3/4/2015 3:19:00 PM

Chapped lips gone! I recently have been getting really bad dry lips from this cold weather. I've used other lip balms and none helped...until I found this product. This product made the list for the most good lip balm while other brands such as EOS, Carmex, etc. is bad for you.

on 3/2/2015 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My sister in law the nurse and my derm both said this was the purest and most effective otc for healing moisture. if you have very dry skin(anywhere) this is the answer.

on 2/23/2015 1:56:00 PM

I am typically an all-natural gal and prefer to use nut butters (shea, cocoa butter) and oils (olive, grapeseed, coconut) for moisturizing my body. I always use Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter body wash and Shea Moisture Olive and Green Tea body oil in the shower. However, here in my neck of the woods we have had horribly cold and dry temperatures this winter and my skin has been a complete wreck. Dry, intense itching to the point of near madness! I found a solution FINALLY after weaving in/out all kinds of different oils and butters to no avail. Aquaphor came to my rescue! Not only Aquaphor, but Eucerin Calming Body Wash, cool showers, and a humidifier every single night in my bedroom, with the door closed. I have finally found relief. No more itchy, dry skin. I will keep the Aquaphor and Eucerin Calming Body Wash on hand during the extreme cold and dry months in winter from here on out. If you suffer from this issue try these two in combination. They work great! Also, I do not mind scooping the Aquaphor from the container, as I use it as soon as I get out of the shower, so my hands are clean. I also have been applying it at night right after my evening face washing ritual.

on 2/19/2015 11:24:00 AM

I have a store brand aquaphor. Better than Vaseline in my opinion. Should def keep a tube of this around, esp in the winter.

on 2/18/2015 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I just spent a week in very sunny and hot southern California. My photoallergy flared up through SPF50 and big hats to the point where it hurt to wash with CeraVe or put on sun block. Bought a tube of Aquaphor to seal in some moisture and soothe. Even in Santa Ana winds (which reduce the relative humidity to below that of the Sahara Desert), Aquaphor soothed and sealed in moisture. Now that I'm back home in the frigid Northeast, I'm still using Aquaphor until my skin is back to normal. Oh, and my cuticles look and feel great.

Update: I still grab this now and again to soothe my face. I am not finding it on clothes or pillowcases.

My daughter uses it to smooth rough, dry heels and elbows. She also uses it on her babies' faces to seal in moisture, since it has nothing extra they can react to (pediatricians recommend it for babies).

Packaging: I love products in tubes, and this fits the bill. Also, it comes in a 3 ounce tube, so you can bring it on the plane (where the air is so dry). If you want a more economical packaging, it comes in a large tub.

Price: The 3 ounce tube cost me less than $10 (I just paid $6.59 at Harmon, in fact). You use so little at a time, I'd say the price is relatively cheap.

Other: No discernible fragrance; melts fairly easily when you rub between your hands for smooth application (my face still cannot tolerate rubbing). Does not dissolve your nail polish, so makes a good cuticle cream/hand product. I rub my fingertips with a towl after putting it on so as not to spread the stuff everywhere.

Final comment: No one should be without a tube of this.

on 2/12/2015 10:56:00 PM

FYI: In Canada this is called Skin Protectant Ointment.

I started using Retin-A micro recently and needed something to combat dry patches and the awful dryness around the nose. This stuff is so good! I put it on the night before, and the next morning my skin is back to normal!

So how exactly is this different from Vaseline? It has petrolatum like Vaseline does, but also other ingredients too. Aquaphor contains ceresin dervied from ozokerite which is a wax that seals in moisture.The lanolin and glycerin help actually moisturize your skin instead of just coating it with pure petroleum like Vaseline. Lastly bisabolol is the primary constituent of the essential oil from German chamomile! Helps to soothe and calm irritated skin. Hope that helps anyone who was trying to figure out how this differs from plain ol' Vaseline! :)

on 2/3/2015 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I'm using this as Allure suggested -- a tiny dab tapped over eye cream at night -- makes it sink in and stay on. Allure did a skin care issue a few months back and recommended bringing your eye cream right up to your lower lashes (instead of just on the orbital bone) and then using a tiny dab of this. I also use this at night as my lip moisturizer. Have a big tube in the medicine cabinet and little tubes on the vanity. Love this stuff!

on 2/3/2015 2:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I live in Michigan, which means very cold winters, which in turn means extremely dry skin, and rough, cracked fingertips. I use this after applying lotion, cream or Lansinoh to my hands and nails before bed at night. It is really greasy and does a wonderful job of sealing in the moisture from the lotion.
I also work in school food service and am constantly washing my hands with strong soap, which dries them out. I have lotion at work and use it frequently. Today I applied the Aquaphor after applying my lotion before I went to work. I noticed that after 4-5 washes, my hands didn't have the rough feeling which signals me to go get some lotion. I think the Aquaphor protected them through it. I didn't use very much because I wanted to be able to use my hands without greasing everything I touched. Great stuff! I really recommend it for seriously dry skin!
I don't notice any smell to it at all.

on 1/21/2015 10:14:00 PM

I am not the one who posts a lot of negative reviews, but I just don't get all the hype. It is very oily and sticky, and doesn't do much for hydrating or moisturizing. I used it around my mouth and in my lips which were flaking and I didn't see any changes. I could have easily used a Chapstick. If you need this, you better stick to plain Vaseline.