Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 4/9/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

great stuff

on 4/5/2015 6:08:00 PM

I don't think I need to elaborate as what good can be said about this product is said. This is one of my skin care staples.

I use this for my lips and eye area. Other uses have been small wounds. For the small amount I use the price and amount is perfect.

I get pimples from using it over my face. So I stopped using it there.

It really does the job. The wounds I had heal faster. Also it is easier to use than Vaseline (I use this on my face when my skin is dry, no breakouts).

Pro:

* 7$ for 40 ml. Ok price and amount.
* Makes small cuts heal faster
* Helps dry lips and under eye area moist

Con:

* Can't use over my face as I get breakouts from it. I'm guessing it is the lanolin.

on 4/4/2015 11:08:00 PM

Great for chapped lips and eczema. I also coat my feet in it and cover with socks. After a few night my heels feel much softer. I also bought a stand up squeeze tube (rather than a tub) to use for my baby. In fact, it is called aquaphor baby, but I don't think there is a difference in the ingredients. I'll never be without this product.

on 3/28/2015 7:38:00 PM

This really helped me when I was going through accutane treatment! Along with a few other products I used this on any dry skin or flakiness and I believe it really made a difference!

on 3/27/2015 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

PSA: if you have skin anything along the lines of flaking dryness and sensitivity no matter what products you use (especially in brutal winters), you ABSOLUTELY need this in your life. After learning about proper skincare in which the premise lays its foundations on gentle cleansing, no fragrance, alcohol and irritants, my eczema-prone dry skin STILL flaked no matter how heavily I moisturized. Trust me, I have tried everything and no amount of argan oils, butters, and hyaluronic acids stopped my skin from flaking.

The thing missing from my skincare routine was not more heavy moisturizers, but an occlusive. I had previously used Vaseline in which petroleum jelly was the main ingredient, but it didn't restore my skin to the healthy glow that comes from optimal moisture.

Enter Aquaphor. This does contain petroleum jelly, but also goodies like glycerin, bisabolol, pathenol and lanolin alcohol. This combination brings back life into my dry and dull skin. My skin finally regained moisture and radiance in just one night and stopped flaking after two.

Because of the highly emollient and heavy nature of this product, I use this only at night. I use this after I've applied my other moisturizers at the end of my skincare routine to lock everything in.

If you have been experiencing similar issues that I had and feel like you've tried everything, run--don't walk-- to grab yourself some Aquaphor.

on 3/24/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm puzzled as to why this is such a cult product - I applied it as an overnight hand moisturizer, and my hands, cuticles, and other skin around the nails were even drier the next morning, almost scaly. I ended up tossing the still 9/10 full jar in the trash.

on 3/18/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I find Aquaphor perfect for softening lips and dry skin. I originally bought it to treat eczema and whilst I don't find it does much for that, it is very good at sealing in moisture, thus preventing eczema from forming in the first place. It does cause clogging for me when used for long periods of time, which is such a shame.

on 3/14/2015 12:32:00 PM

THIS PRODUCT IS LITERALLY EVERYTHING

I have a mild case of dermitiliomania (skin picking disorder), and sometimes it's been more severe than other times. As soon as my spots heal up I immediately put aquaphor on them.Only problem is that it ruins pillow cases and t shirts to sleep on it, so keep a towel on the pillow case and wear a crappy t shirt to bed. I put this on my face, and my lips.... I wake up and use a wash cloth to wipe off the gunk and my skin is fresh, soft, and it even helps with hyperpigmentation. This product is a lifesaver and I live by it, especially since it doesn't break me out or cause irritation to my sensitive skin. A must for everything!

on 3/14/2015 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My skin suffers from extremes of oiliness and dryness, and I get blepharities (dry, chapped, irritated eyelids) recurrently. When suffering from dryness, nothing works like Aquaphor. It is the most soothing product ever! This even works for my very dry eyelids like no other eye cream can! I am never without a tube of this. Having said this, I don't use this regularly, only when needed. It's is not one you can wear on your face when going out, because it does not absorb into the skin.

A good treatment and soothing ointment for very dry skin/slin patches, and not too expensive at all!

on 3/10/2015 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff! It's consistency is like Vaseline but it works way better. I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin and have used this sparingly on my face when I had dry patches and it cleared them up almost overnight and didn't break me out! This also works as a great lip balm. LOVE this stuff! Packaging is easy to use and hygienic.